Massive new anthology argues in defence of rapa s cultural value

Nov 12, 2010 Full story: The Globe and Mail

"In fact, call it a lecture, a visual picture. / Sort of a poetic and rhythm-like mixture" Boogie Down Productions, Poetry "Cursed be the verse, how well so e'er it flow, / That tends to make one worthy man my foe" Alexander Pope, Epistle to Dr.

Full Story
Uranus speaking

London, UK

#1 Nov 13, 2010
and we all know that it was first done by whites - Bob Dylan being the first to hit a wide audience. NOW the blacks have copied and ruined it, it has "cultural significance" to some lefty liberals.
Ho Lee Schitt

Pennington, NJ

#2 Nov 16, 2010
(c)rap has absolutely no 'cultural' value unless you're a savage feral animal.(c)rappers and the vermin who listen to them are the scum of society!

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

#3 Nov 16, 2010
Ho Lee Schitt wrote:
(c)rap has absolutely no 'cultural' value unless you're a savage feral animal.(c)rappers and the vermin who listen to them are the scum of society!
Or suburbian white kid trash, riding up to me at a stop light bumping their rap music out loud, looking at me as if to seek my approval or something...

..FOH.
Blk man

San Jose, CA

#4 Nov 16, 2010
Drunken Masta wrote:
<quoted text>
Or suburbian white kid trash, riding up to me at a stop light bumping their rap music out loud, looking at me as if to seek my approval or something...
..FOH.
whites who listen to rap always do that. I was in a music store looking for a couple hip hop records and 2 white boyz followed my every move looking at every cd I looked at as if I was the rap I interperter
whites r the biggest consumer of rap the young black dudes burn CD's
so I guess that makes whites the trash
they r the trash.

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

#5 Nov 16, 2010
Blk man wrote:
<quoted text>
whites who listen to rap always do that. I was in a music store looking for a couple hip hop records and 2 white boyz followed my every move looking at every cd I looked at as if I was the rap I interperter
whites r the biggest consumer of rap the young black dudes burn CD's
so I guess that makes whites the trash
they r the trash.
The ones at the bottom are the biggest consumers of rap, yes. Anytime a rap artist sells more than a million copies you know who ate it up.

The ones at the top are ones that continue to pump it out and flood the TV and radio with it. They'll complain about the rappers and the blacks that support them, yet have nothing to say about the machine that cranks it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boogie Down Productions Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Need A Docto... - Dr. Dre / Em... (Apr '11) Apr '11 joe 1
KRS-One and Marley Marl (Jul '07) Dec '08 Ted low 3
More from around the web