|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

From bonjovi.com :

All Shows Will Go On As Scheduled

Due to a personal matter, Richie Sambora will not be performing on the European and South African leg of the tour. All shows will go on as scheduled.

“Pet me. Now!”

Since: Aug 08

in the Delta land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Just posted that on the thread where everyone was speculating :) At least no more speculating tour-wise. Does not bode well, IMO.
kris

Ronkonkoma, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I was checking out the tour dates and I have a question when they say SA and European leg does that include everthing up till the end of june...

“Pet me. Now!”

Since: Aug 08

in the Delta land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like they are taking things a leg at a time. Got through one NA leg, now they'll get through this one. And again probably a wait & see mindset for the next NA leg.

Since: Jan 09

New Jersey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

It would include everything in South Africa and Europe which is through the beginning of July

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

kris wrote:
I was checking out the tour dates and I have a question when they say SA and European leg does that include everthing up till the end of june...
Yes that is the way I'm reading it.
Jonandme

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Matt tweeted:

Richie is still in band. Its not money its not ego its truly personal for him . He will be back in time. Support with love.

Maybe it IS a health issue.
Kuschelbiene

Nürnberg, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

My feeling is, that the last show in Jersey will be the last show of Bon Jovi as we know them
kris

Ronkonkoma, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

BonJersey wrote:
It would include everything in South Africa and Europe which is through the beginning of July
Thanks for the info. I know you and I don't see eye to eye on what might be going on but you have to admit that another 2 months on top of the first month it has to be something pretty serious. I honestly do hope whatever it is can be worked out be it health/legal/personal/business .

Since: Jan 09

Audubon, Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Kuschelbiene wrote:
My feeling is, that the last show in Jersey will be the last show of Bon Jovi as we know them
It sure is looking that way to me, too. I hope for the best for Richie, too. Hate to see this happening to my favorite band -- especially in the 30th Anniverary year. Makes it extra sad.....

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

I just hope that what ever is wrong can be fixed.

Since: May 09

Den Bosch, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Hate this news, hope we hear something from Richie soon.

Have to agree this doesn't look good but I refuse to believe Richie is leaving the band until he or Jon say so.

So for now I'm just wishing Richie all the best with is personal issues and hoping they will be solved soon.

Still looking forward to the Cologne en London shows.
rosa3

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

I am really starting to think that this is a health issue. I have a feeling that maybe he went to the doctor for a regular checkup, did some blood test, and found something that had to be taken care of immediatly. Now, I could be totally wrong, but this could be what is happening. Some here would say that this may not be true because Ava is on twitter would have said something, but probably Richie asked her not to mention anything. I hope whatever the issue is that Richie can work it out. So instead of bickering and going back and forth on why Richie is not touring, or if he is fighting with Jon or whatever, how about just sending him best wishes and prayers, cuz for him not to continue the tour, its probably more serious than we thought.
Summer

Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Sad.. And I'm talking about BIG shows over here in Europe. Richie - get well soon. This is going to be tough for Jon.. There's so many Richie Fans. I hope they show up... I will :-/
Gail59

Hampton, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Jonandme wrote:
From bonjovi.com :
All Shows Will Go On As Scheduled
Due to a personal matter, Richie Sambora will not be performing on the European and South African leg of the tour. All shows will go on as scheduled.
Richie out of the South African and European leg of the tour. Matt Bongovi has said he is still in the band, not about money or ego. A PERSONAL MATTER!!!! Bon Jovi has always said they are a band of brothers. What ever is going on with Richie, I hope his bon jovi brothers support him. Richie should be proud of all the love and support he is getting from his fans. Alot of Richie fans were disappointed during the first leg of the American tour because he did not sing a solo, myself included. Richie singing one song each night is an added bonus, not only for the 30 year fans, but for the young Sambora fans as well. Lubbock, Texas the last night from the 1st leg of the tour got the only Richie solo. The youtube videos (3 videos) of Richie singing I'll Be There For You from the Lubbock show has over 20,000 views. Richie fans are awesome don't give up on him!!!!!
lisa

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

rosa3 wrote:
I am really starting to think that this is a health issue. I have a feeling that maybe he went to the doctor for a regular checkup, did some blood test, and found something that had to be taken care of immediatly. Now, I could be totally wrong, but this could be what is happening. Some here would say that this may not be true because Ava is on twitter would have said something, but probably Richie asked her not to mention anything. I hope whatever the issue is that Richie can work it out. So instead of bickering and going back and forth on why Richie is not touring, or if he is fighting with Jon or whatever, how about just sending him best wishes and prayers, cuz for him not to continue the tour, its probably more serious than we thought.
I see what you're saying, but for me, it's not what Ava hasn't said, it's what she has said. I wouldn't expect her to give details of any treatment he was having, but her tweets just do not convey a teenager aware that something is wrong with her father. Is it possible he hasn't told her there's something wrong? Sure, but she knows he was supposed to be on tour. He had to have told her something to explain why he did not go back to the tour.

None of this makes sense. If there's a medical issue behind all of this then obviously I wish Richie well, but that brings up the question that with all we do know about Richie, what could be left that he can't just tell us about? I'm not saying he has to give specific details, but if he had said from the start 'medical issue has come up, not prepared to give details but I'm hopeful it can be resolved quickly' it would have prevented all of the media attention and rumors. Is it really preferable to let these rumors fly?

I just think that for a band that has crafted their public image so carefully all these years this situation has been handled very poorly.
maryel

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Well, it doesn't sound good that Richie won't be on the European leg of the tour. This is a mystery, and if he is ill, I certainly wish him the best, and congratulate his bandmates for keeping it confidential, if that's what he wants. But, if it's a health issue, his fans would start praying, and I would think he would want that. So, I tend to think it is not a health issue. I am an older but newer fan. Enjoyed their music in the past, but became a supreme fan after a live concert during the Circle Tour. Phil X was filling in for Richie at my first concert, and I had such a good time, that I have bought every CD and DVD that I could get my hands on. I now thoroughly love this band and Richie. I have seen them 3 times in concert now and am holding tickets for Chicago and New Jersey. The bad and worrisome thing is that I just had an email today that the New Jersey date has been changed. That is a Runaway fan club trip also. So not sure how they will work that out for those folks who were expecting two in a row concert dates. Something is fishy. Now is the time to explain what is going on. I have to change my hotel dates and thank God I did not buy my plane tickets yet.
Cinnamon

Torino, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

This is a sad news for fans but if we have to believe Matt's words and it is a personal matter I am inclined to think that it might be a psychological issue, an acute type of stage fright or fear of crowds, panic attacks or similar. I suffered from panic attacks in the past and it seriously limited my life for quite a long time, although very few people at work noticed what I was going through...
Jasper

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this makes sense. If there's a medical issue behind all of this then obviously I wish Richie well, but that brings up the question that with all we do know about Richie, what could be left that he can't just tell us about? I'm not saying he has to give specific details, but if he had said from the start 'medical issue has come up, not prepared to give details but I'm hopeful it can be resolved quickly' it would have prevented all of the media attention and rumors. Is it really preferable to let these rumors fly.
Want to bet? If he had said something like that, all hell would have broken loose. He is getting prayers with just personal matter, imagine him saying that? Candle light vigils would be planned, rosaries said and he would be on death's door.

He needs to give a statement that he coming back and is still in the band and say sorry. No reason needs to be given. At this point, I don't think (at least I don't care) that anyone even cares what has happened. Its happen, we want to know the future of the band now, that is more important.

Since: Oct 12

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Despite what Matt has been tweeting, I still think Richie's personal matter is connected to the band which is why there hasn't been any information released as to what it is or when it will be resolved. If the personal matter only affected Richie such as he was ill or needed surgery or a sick family member, I think he would have communicated with the fans by now to put them at ease.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of67
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Bon Jovi Forum right now

Search the Bon Jovi Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Richie "Gitarre und Bass" interview 1 hr rosa3 114
JBJ Runaway Concert in NYC July 2 hr Samantha 42
Richie Reveals More! 4 hr Really 153
Thank You from Richie Jul 20 chipsy 79
Work Photobook Jul 17 mgemay 120
Just for Fun : What job Could you do if you wer... Jul 16 elise 14
bon jovi history (Nov '07) Jul 13 Charlotte 6 7
•••
•••