Ouch!!!!!!!!!!
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#122 Mar 13, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way she does not have to right to speak on behalf of EVERYONE on this board, only herself. And we are all allowed to speak our mind here.(within reason)
I agree with you on that, I just felt it was a valid question. If zitibo knew it was a different person would he/she have made such a comment? Was that remark based just on this thread or was it more driven by all that has come before it?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#123 Mar 13, 2013
lisa wrote:
I have a question, just to clarify things here. Are you the same Charlotte who has been posting here for a while and you've just added the number 6 to your screen name or are you another person? I suspect zitibo's motivation for that comment was not just in disagreement with what you said here in this thread, but in thinking it was in addition to everything else Charlotte has said.
I am the same Charlotte. I just decided to become a member instead of a guest recently. When I signed up Charlotte 0-5 was taken. It took me all this time to sign up. But that is just me I read this forum for 3 years before I ever made my first post.

Since: Feb 07

Guelph, Canada

#124 Mar 13, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I get it! I don't think you do.
Maybe I don't..or Maybe I do
#BecauseWeCan

Since: Dec 12

Lisbon, Portugal

#125 Mar 14, 2013
This album is better than The Circle but way worse than These Days or Keep the Faith, itīs more Pop than Rock. Anyway i like the songs: Iīm with you, Thatīs What the water made me, Army of one and Room at the end of the world.
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#126 Mar 19, 2013
There were a number of comments earlier in this thread about who wrote which songs and is this a band album or a Jon solo album.

I saw this earlier today. http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/music/feature...

Not too long, but this one Q&A is what I found interesting regarding this thread.

So in political terms, how would you describe the decision-making process: a dictatorship, democracy, fascist regime?

Itís all of that. In this particular organization Jon is the mouthpiece and thereís certain things heís going to want to say and sing about. So if I feel the same way about it, Iíll help him write about that, and if I donít heíll probably write the song with someone else, which is fine. Then when we get into the studio Ė no matter if I wrote the song or not Ė I still am a producer so I have to throw my two cents in anyway. And quite frankly, I really enjoy just being a production guy and instrumentalist and background singer on some of the stuff I didnít write. When youíre talking about a career as long as ours, the one thing we donít do is nitpick.
dream87

Germany

#127 Mar 19, 2013
lisa wrote:
There were a number of comments earlier in this thread about who wrote which songs and is this a band album or a Jon solo album.
I saw this earlier today. http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/music/feature...
Not too long, but this one Q&A is what I found interesting regarding this thread.
So in political terms, how would you describe the decision-making process: a dictatorship, democracy, fascist regime?
Itís all of that. In this particular organization Jon is the mouthpiece and thereís certain things heís going to want to say and sing about. So if I feel the same way about it, Iíll help him write about that, and if I donít heíll probably write the song with someone else, which is fine. Then when we get into the studio Ė no matter if I wrote the song or not Ė I still am a producer so I have to throw my two cents in anyway. And quite frankly, I really enjoy just being a production guy and instrumentalist and background singer on some of the stuff I didnít write. When youíre talking about a career as long as ours, the one thing we donít do is nitpick.
"...the one thing we don't do is nitpick."
That says it all. And it's too bad...with more nitpicking it would have been a much better album. Richie clearly doesn't challenge Jon anymore creatively. They have become far too complacent.

Location hidden

#128 Mar 20, 2013
dream87 wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the one thing we don't do is nitpick."
That says it all. And it's too bad...with more nitpicking it would have been a much better album. Richie clearly doesn't challenge Jon anymore creatively. They have become far too complacent.
I need to stop agreeing with you but as usual you hit the nail on the head.
Jamie

Kenya

#129 Mar 20, 2013
dream87 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, don't be ridiculous. Charlotte was being sarcastic and you know it.
Richie has never said anything bad about anyone. At least not publically. That can't be said about Jon though, he likes to put his peers down in interviews - most recently Bruce Springsteen and Bono.
Really!? What did he say about Bruce and Bono??
dream87

Germany

#130 Mar 20, 2013
Jamie wrote:
<quoted text>
Really!? What did he say about Bruce and Bono??
He said their charity work isn't as good as his own, because he is more involved. It was a very recent interview...posted here on Topix. I'm surprised you haven't read it.
rosa3

Perris, CA

#131 Mar 20, 2013
Obviously your taken his words out of context because it is conveniant for you because you are a not a Jon fan. He didn't mean that his charities were better than Bruce or Bono's, he meant that he just more physically involved, thats all.
dream87 wrote:
<quoted text>
He said their charity work isn't as good as his own, because he is more involved. It was a very recent interview...posted here on Topix. I'm surprised you haven't read it.

Location hidden

#132 Mar 20, 2013
http://www.wisinfo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...

Here is the link to the article
dream87

Germany

#133 Mar 20, 2013
rosa3 wrote:
Obviously your taken his words out of context because it is conveniant for you because you are a not a Jon fan. He didn't mean that his charities were better than Bruce or Bono's, he meant that he just more physically involved, thats all.<quoted text>
That's what I said, didn't I? He thinks he is more involved in his charities than Bruce and Bono. He was offended by the interviewer comparing his charity work to their's. He thinks his charity work is superior. Why else did he react the way he did? He could have just ignored the interviewer's comment or laughed it off. Instead he chose to put their work down. How would Jon know how much work Bruce and Bono put into their efforts? The truth is, their work is just as important as Jon's. It was incredibly disrespectful of Jon to make it seem less important than his own.
Charlotte was kind enough to repost the interview. People can draw their own conclusions from that.
dream87

Germany

#134 Mar 20, 2013
Even his choice of words were rude and disrespectful: "What have they done?"
Look it up, Jon!

Since: Jan 09

New Jersey

#135 Mar 20, 2013
dream87 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I said, didn't I? He thinks he is more involved in his charities than Bruce and Bono. He was offended by the interviewer comparing his charity work to their's. He thinks his charity work is superior. Why else did he react the way he did? He could have just ignored the interviewer's comment or laughed it off. Instead he chose to put their work down. How would Jon know how much work Bruce and Bono put into their efforts? The truth is, their work is just as important as Jon's. It was incredibly disrespectful of Jon to make it seem less important than his own.
Charlotte was kind enough to repost the interview. People can draw their own conclusions from that.
Or that was the reporters goal. Since we don't know the whole entire conversation. Writing checks is not much effort. I don't know much about Bono's works but being local I can tell you Bruce is not hands on but does write checks and do charity shows.
kris

Ronkonkoma, NY

#136 Mar 21, 2013
The late George Steinbrenner(owner of the Yankees)once said that if more then 2 people know about the charitable work you do then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

Since: Feb 07

Guelph, Canada

#137 Mar 21, 2013
kris wrote:
The late George Steinbrenner(owner of the Yankees)once said that if more then 2 people know about the charitable work you do then you are doing it for the wrong reason.
I respectfully disagree with the late Mr. Steinbrenner. different In this day and age, the more who know about the work of a charitable organization, the more who will contribute and the more who will be helped.
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#138 Mar 21, 2013
kris wrote:
I understand what he was getting at, but each year when the local Boston sports stations ran fund raisers for the Jimmy Fund he always called in and spoke to the guys on the air encouraging listeners to call in and pledge. I think you just have to find a balance between letting people know about the particular charity vs. talking about it to the point that you sound like you're bragging.
kris

Ronkonkoma, NY

#139 Mar 21, 2013
mgemay wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree with the late Mr. Steinbrenner. different In this day and age, the more who know about the work of a charitable organization, the more who will contribute and the more who will be helped.
I understand that any charity needs publicity but I wasnt talking about the charity itself, there are other people involved in the soul foundation and the soul kitchen I am sure many of them are capable of running fund raisers etc. when these charities were first started it made perfect sense for JB to be the one out front talking about them, but now they are up and running its not necessary and for him to act like what he does is better then what others do is bragging. maybe we dont know all of what Bruce or Bono are doing for charity because they are doing it for the right reason and those charities are doing just fine without a star name on every talk show...how about he gives some credit to the people who are in the trenches everday at his foundations.
kris

Ronkonkoma, NY

#140 Mar 21, 2013
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what he was getting at, but each year when the local Boston sports stations ran fund raisers for the Jimmy Fund he always called in and spoke to the guys on the air encouraging listeners to call in and pledge. I think you just have to find a balance between letting people know about the particular charity vs. talking about it to the point that you sound like you're bragging.
exactly
Jamie

Kenya

#141 Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for reposting this! I am so disappointed, can't say shocked but ... REALLY!?! not only is he showing by that remark that he thinks he is the best and all that conceited self centered side but as a huge fan of the other two and pretty well informed person, I'm so offended by his comments somehow. Yknow what bono has done? Bono has put on a suit, done loads of research and tried to change policies by sitting down with politicians a d showi b them what needs to be done.. This man is doing what no musician gas ever done, he's right in their trying to literally affect millions and change the world by showing them and making them knowledgable and accountable for helping people that most of the world doesn't give a shit about. Imagi e the hours and hours of research h or reading the research and the plans etc. And doing one has to do to be taken seriously by world leaders- bono is one of the most anazing people- It's dedication and compassion on a deeper level, not a soapbox , not just advocacy - he is comparing apples and oranges. The only time I ve ever heard bono talk about this stuff himself is back when they did this whole red campaign and he went on Oprah to inform people...... He did a helluvaot more than one can imagine. There isn't a soapbox there. I'm so infuriated I'd like to smack Jon for daring to say that to anyone let alone media. Bono is an inspiration man. How dare he? I'd hope his wife reads that and smacks him for me. Total disrespect t. I'm not saying that he's doing less or whatever at all, just I'm now convinced that he is just a big jerk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Richie Sambora Reveals Whether He'd Join Bon Jo... Oct 11 BJ Fan 1
LOL!!! What cologne do you think Richie and Jo... (Oct '08) Oct 8 Qwnofswing 14
News Rock Hall of Fame: Radiohead, Rage, Bon Jovi, D... Oct 5 BJ Fan 1
jon and jennifer aniston (May '08) Sep '17 clouwee 69
Does Jon have a bodyguard? (Jan '10) Sep '17 Human1731 26
News Concert review | Bon Jovi: Band pays tribute to... (Mar '17) Aug '17 PrinterBench Tech 3
Jon and Richie crying (Nov '08) Aug '17 Dee 16
More from around the web