Drug charges against Jon Bon Jovi's daughter dropped

Nov 15, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 41

Jon Bon Jovi 's eldest daughter, Stephanie Bongiovi was arrested Wednesday morning for drug possession, but no longer faces the charges, as they were dropped Thursday because of New York's law applying to overdose cases in which there was a call for help.

Full Story
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#22 Nov 17, 2012
lisa wrote:
You wanna know why Stephanie had her charges dropped? Read the summary of provisions for subparagraph 2 again. She was the one having an overdose and she had no priors. Also, the amount of drugs they found in the room was below the state standard.
You wanna know why Jesus is facing charges? It's because he was stupid enough to mishandle a gun when he had a large amount of cocaine in his possession. No one feels sorry for drug dealers who accidentally shoot themsleves. You can embrace the LTME term all you want. When you go beyond just touting those words and you read/acknowledge/understand the legislation as a whole, it is very obvious this law was not passed to protect a person in his situation.
yeah below the state standard. the oneida county DA said in the news the state standard is 8 ounces does anyone even know how much drugs that is ? its a crazy amount crazy and no user would have even one ounce let alone 8 oz like i said i didnt write the law so if you dont think the law is defending drug dealers your wrong because they are with that state standard i am not on a oneway street you are because i look at both sides
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#23 Nov 17, 2012
lisa wrote:
Quick recap on that last one:
It was a whole lot of wording that said NOTHING about drug dealers who shoot themselves.
it doesnt have to because you cant even explane what quote OR OTHER LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL EMERGENCY""" "" what is "or other" mean it means other then then drug overdose..... DUH DUH DUH pea brain i didnt write the law the law did.......
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#24 Nov 17, 2012
also if this kid was doing so much wrong how come he wasnt arrested why was he realeased from the hospital the whay you are telling the story is he was arrested right off the bat sorta like stephany ? but he wasnt
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#25 Nov 17, 2012
this kids charged was well under the state standard of 8oz
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#26 Nov 17, 2012
you are missing the big picture here you would rather this kid die then call 911 because this is what people do in fear of being caught with drugs i cant imagin how many people die from gunshots and found in a ditch because his friends didnt want to get caught with drugs? the goal is to ""preserve life""" not find them in a ditch dead in anyway shape or form this is why they put into law OR OTHER LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL EMERGENCY" and any DA who wouldnt want this law is not doing his job to perserve life and should not be the DA
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#27 Nov 17, 2012
upd has open cases of people dead in a ditch from gunshots and i would believe many other agancys have the very same cases
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#28 Nov 17, 2012
the law is not to protect drug dealers it is in affect to perserve life and any human/mother or father would be happy with this law
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#29 Nov 17, 2012
the comunity would rather this man woman kid have someone call 911 without being arrest then to find ""a dead person in their comunity"" and upset voters and the public and cause a discomfort in the comunity with fear of walking down the street because the death was not established... this is why it says OR OTHER LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL EMERGENCY" because the law knows this happens with drug users and drug dealers and this is why they say the law doesnt apply with repeat offenders with crimes or if someone tryes to obstruct the police.. then the law doesnt apply.. but DeJesus was honest with officers and he was arrested and this was wrong because it encourages people to not call 911 and or encourages people to lie and obstruct justice.. you tell me what does the tax payes want to happen open cases or closed cases for the police

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#30 Nov 17, 2012
Omgoodness! lol Run on sentences can be hard on the eyes sometimes.
lisa

Brockton, MA

#31 Nov 17, 2012
bs bankruptcy:

Obviously you are going to keep a strangle hold on your interpretation of four words alone. Good for you, I hope they make you happy. Maybe someday when you're a big boy/girl you'll be able to read and comprehend more than four words at a time.

The legislation was passed for overdose situations. The language throughout repeatedly refers to the consumption of drugs and/or alchohol and a person's health being in jeopardy from that. Someone with common sense would be able to figure out that "other life threatening medical emergencies" refers to things like:

*If you know someone is high and they get behind the wheel. Are they ODing? No, but they are certainly a danger to themselves and others. The police need to be on the lookout for that vehicle.

*If someone is high and they reach for a knife and say they're going to slit their wrists.

This guy mishandled a gun. The drugs that were in the room did not make him mishandle it. His own hands are to blame. He's a dealer who got caught because of his own carelessness. His health was in jeopardy because he accidentally shot himself, not because he took drugs. People mishandle guns. Accidental shootings happen, and plenty of them occur with people who are not involved with drugs. The drugs did not make him fire the gun.

Go back and read the Purpose paragraph at the beginning of the legislation. It is very clear who lawmakers were looking to protect: users ODing and the person witnessing the OD.
rosa3

Ontario, CA

#32 Nov 17, 2012
Alot of crazy people are here in the topix boards lately, hope the sanity will come back again
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#33 Nov 17, 2012
lisa wrote:
bs bankruptcy:
Obviously you are going to keep a strangle hold on your interpretation of four words alone. Good for you, I hope they make you happy. Maybe someday when you're a big boy/girl you'll be able to read and comprehend more than four words at a time.
The legislation was passed for overdose situations. The language throughout repeatedly refers to the consumption of drugs and/or alchohol and a person's health being in jeopardy from that. Someone with common sense would be able to figure out that "other life threatening medical emergencies" refers to things like:
*If you know someone is high and they get behind the wheel. Are they ODing? No, but they are certainly a danger to themselves and others. The police need to be on the lookout for that vehicle.
*If someone is high and they reach for a knife and say they're going to slit their wrists.
This guy mishandled a gun. The drugs that were in the room did not make him mishandle it. His own hands are to blame. He's a dealer who got caught because of his own carelessness. His health was in jeopardy because he accidentally shot himself, not because he took drugs. People mishandle guns. Accidental shootings happen, and plenty of them occur with people who are not involved with drugs. The drugs did not make him fire the gun.
Go back and read the Purpose paragraph at the beginning of the legislation. It is very clear who lawmakers were looking to protect: users ODing and the person witnessing the OD.
so its our right to bare arms this guy shoots him self but how was the drugs found? how does a mishandleing of a gun end up drug charges
bs bankruptcy

Utica, NY

#34 Nov 17, 2012
you people really love your rights trampled on dont you well only the rich get awayt with murder i guess good luck to all of you who support tyrents
Cicero is an ldiot

New Hartford, NY

#35 Nov 18, 2012
New name dummy?

You can run but your ignorance can't hide.
omg cops

Utica, NY

#36 Nov 18, 2012
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now my pea brain is telling me that your interpretation of Life Threatening Medical Emergency means you are an ambulance-chaser attorney who looks for loopholes to get your criminal clients out of trouble. You come across as someone who has only read the words Life Threatening Medical Emergency and has blocked everything else out. Let's see if we can fix that and make you just a little bit more informed. Ready?
the only people useing the loophole is the DA of oneida county some day the DA will be useing the loophole regarding the facts i state here for another rich and famous person
Dont hold your breath

Utica, NY

#37 Nov 19, 2012
Typical oneida county outcome since they hinged "economy" with "police jobs"...

Oneida County... Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation!
lisa

Brockton, MA

#38 Nov 19, 2012
bs bankruptcy wrote:
<quoted text>so its our right to bare arms this guy shoots him self but how was the drugs found? how does a mishandleing of a gun end up drug charges
You're going with the 'right to bear arms' argument now?
You want to know how the mishandling of a gun ends up in drug charges?
The guy shot himself. Unintentionally, but he shot himself.
The cops asked if he had a license for the gun. He said no.
The cops asked where the gun was because since he doesn't have a license it needs to be confiscated.
They go to his home for the gun and they find drugs.
That's how drug dealers who accidentally shoot themselves end up facing drug charges.

Now, two points.
1. Before you reply you should know that the more vehemently you pursue this, the more I believe the motivation for your defense of this man is because he was your dealer and you're miffed you have to find a new supplier.

2. Instead of continuing to reply with posts that make you look like you're upset that you lost your dealer, consider doing something constructive/productive with your time. Hint: Given the terrible grammar you've displayed, I would recommend an English class. It would be a much better use of your time than trying to drum up support for a drug dealer who has no one to blame but himself for the fact that he suffered a gunshot wound.
Jovilover

Boca Raton, FL

#39 Nov 19, 2012
Why are you arguing about something so irrelevant? I don't think one case has to do with the other, Stephanie is out and her charges were dropped for whatever reason and that's it! Just leave it alone already
lisa

Brockton, MA

#40 Nov 19, 2012
Jovilover wrote:
Why are you arguing about something so irrelevant? I don't think one case has to do with the other, Stephanie is out and her charges were dropped for whatever reason and that's it! Just leave it alone already
Thank you for using the word irrelevant. That is exactly what this man's situation is compared to Stephanie's. Why bs bankrutcy doesn't seem to understand that I have no idea.
man walking

Utica, NY

#41 Nov 19, 2012
Jovilover wrote:
noting irrelevant about a 911 call to save a life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy Birthday Jon!!! 21 hr BJ Fan 6
New Bon Jovi Album on the Way Mon Lida 8
Former Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora quits ... Mon Charlotte 6 5
jon bon jovi teeth. real or fake? Sun suzzette 1
Bon Jovi to sing at NYC Hillary Clinton fundraiser (Jan '09) Feb 24 Swedenforever 46
Some exclusive VIP Merchandise for sale - Autog... Feb 23 rootbeeruk 1
Jon performing at Kenneth Cole Feb 12th Feb 19 BJ Fan 6
More from around the web