dorthea bon jovi
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gena

Lostant, IL

#1 Sep 30, 2012
To end a debate I would like to know what nationality Dorthea Bon Jovi is.
rosa3

Ontario, CA

#2 Sep 30, 2012
she is part Irish.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 Sep 30, 2012
gena wrote:
To end a debate I would like to know what nationality Dorthea Bon Jovi is.
She is American (she was born in New Jersey). She has a heritage that is at least part Irish.
Jovi-Girl

Sydney, Australia

#4 Sep 30, 2012
Does anyone know what the family got up to for Dorotheas Birthday.

“Make a memory...”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 7, 2012
LesleyB61 wrote:
<quoted text>
She is American (she was born in New Jersey). She has a heritage that is at least part Irish.
Actually, her mother was polish and father irish.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#6 Oct 7, 2012
Alliebj wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, her mother was polish and father irish.
Thank you Allie. I knew about her Irish heritage but didn't know about the Polish side.
Kim

Australia

#7 Oct 7, 2012
That is why Jon loves going to Ireland. He has mentioned many times that Ireland is one of his favourite cities to play. That's a quote of his in the WWWB book how he is jealous of his wife and kids because they are part Irish. He said on stage in Dublin, I am in love with an Irish woman and he even said after the lady came and hugged him on stage. I should have known you were crazy, I married one of you.

Jon's made no secret of the fact that Dorothea's background is Irish.
Kim

Australia

#8 Oct 7, 2012
Jon has always mentioned that he loves Dublin and part of the reason is because he married a girl whose background is Irish. He said that in the Dublin Q and A and also on stage in Dublin, he mentioned I am in love with an Irish woman.

When in Dublin in 2008 on the LH tour and the woman came on stage to hug him, he said afterward, I should have known you Irish are crazy, I married one of you. Also Hurley is an Irish name.

Dorothea's mother's maiden name was Pawlyk.
Kim

Australia

#9 Oct 7, 2012
Dorothea's mother's maiden name was Pawlyk
rojo

Phoenixville, PA

#10 Oct 7, 2012
Does her family still live in new jersey?
rosa3

Ontario, CA

#11 Oct 7, 2012
I think one sister lives in NJ, another in Colorado, I think?
Rojo

Phoenixville, PA

#12 Oct 7, 2012
Did she only have two sisters?
rosa3

Ontario, CA

#13 Oct 7, 2012
I think three older sisters, she is the youngest.
Kim

Australia

#14 Oct 7, 2012
Rojo wrote:
Did she only have two sisters?
She is one of four sisters. Three sisters older than her, she is the youngest. Their father passed away in 1997 and their mother in 2002.
Rojo

Phoenixville, PA

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Awe , so sad her parents are both gone...
Karen

Hounslow, UK

#16 Oct 9, 2012
Why do people find it so hard to type her hame? It is DOROTHEA.

“Make a memory...”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 9, 2012
http://sub.gmnews.com/news/2002-11-14/obituar...

For more info on her mother. Couldn't find too much on her father, only that he worked as a chemist for L'Oreal. Hope that helped.:)

“Make a memory...”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 9, 2012
ok....link doesn't work...:-? strange...if this doesn't work, I don't know what to do: http://sub.gmnews.com/news/2002-11-14/obituar...

“Make a memory...”

Location hidden

#19 Oct 9, 2012
This is just weird.....Oh god!!! Why don't I just post the text? Stupid me!!! ok, here it is:
"DOROTHY PAWLYK HURLEY, 71, of the Parlin section of Sayreville died Nov. 1 in Haven Hospice at JFK Medical Center, Edison. Prior to her retirement several years ago, she was employed for 15 years as a fine jewelry salesperson at J.C. Penney Co. Inc., East Brunswick. Her husband, Donald Hurley, died in 1997. Surviving are four daughters, Colleen Hurley of Jersey City, Linda Flynn of Edison, Donna Hurley of Westminster, Colo., and Dorothea Bongiovi of Red Bank; three sisters, Lillian Sullivan of Vero Beach, Fla., Helen Wyckoff of Brick and Olga Farozic of Berlin, Md.; and eight grandchildren. Services were held at Kurzawa Funeral Home, Sayreville. Memorial contributions may be made to Haven Hospice at JFK Medical Center, 65 James St., Edison, NJ 08818"
(I don't know why, but when I posted the link on this site and clicked it, it redirected me to another site -even though when I copy-paste it in the adress bar it works fine-...it's weird, but anyway...)
Isa

Victoriaville, Canada

#20 Oct 10, 2012
I think the reason Jon also likes to play in Ireland is that he's part irish himself. Mrs. B is of irish descent. Her maiden name is Sharkey which is an irish name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rock Royalty Ava Sambora's Guide to the Best Su... 22 hr Emma 3
new BJ single tomorrow Jul 29 Glassa 14
Holli Rifenbury (Dec '06) Jul 27 Shania 32
News Bon Jovi to Release Special Fan Album Next Month Jul 25 mgemay 3
Always song on tour Jul 20 JBFan 3
News Bon Jovi Reportedly Set to Release New Album Jul 19 BJ Fan 1
Bon Jovi Tour 2015 September- October Jul 18 Rundem 14
More from around the web