First Prev
of 5
Next Last
marzenka

Sheffield, UK

#81 Mar 14, 2013
dream87 wrote:
<quoted text>This policy must only be the case for American venues. Or does someone know about a no banner policy like this in other countries? I don't but I might be wrong.
Unfortunetlly it's the same in uk Just copied this from O2 arena in London :
It's same with food, couldn't find anything about banners though:)
13. The use of cameras, video and/or sound recording equipment by you is prohibited and such items may not be permitted into the Venue except with our express written consent.

Since: May 09

Den Bosch, Netherlands

#82 Mar 14, 2013
I hope banners won't be allowed in Europe. Some concerts have been really ruined for me because of people in front of me holding them up.
At one concert I spend over an hour looking at a pizzabox (not a BJ concert). I understand that not everyone holds it up the entire time but even just for a few minutes can be really annoying if you have to look at it and can't see the band.
I don't pay a lot of money to look at someone holding up a banner, I pay to hear and SEE the band...
marzenka

Sheffield, UK

#83 Mar 14, 2013
biebs wrote:
I hope banners won't be allowed in Europe. Some concerts have been really ruined for me because of people in front of me holding them up.
At one concert I spend over an hour looking at a pizzabox (not a BJ concert). I understand that not everyone holds it up the entire time but even just for a few minutes can be really annoying if you have to look at it and can't see the band.
I don't pay a lot of money to look at someone holding up a banner, I pay to hear and SEE the band...
Umbrella's are worse;)
Debs

Perth, Australia

#84 Dec 12, 2013
I went to see Bon Jovi last night in Perth, Australia....and knew nothing of not be able to take a sign. In fact I called the venue a few weeks before to ask if it was OK...only to get there last night, after having spent time and money on this sign...to be told it's not allowed and then had it taken off me! Now, I completely understand the whole not being able to see thing, but I was at the back with no one behind me....Oh and I did it because I saw a YouTube vid where Jon got some girl up because she had a sign that said 'It's my dream to sing with you'...so he got her up and sang 'who said ya can't go home' actually this happened a couple of times by looking at YouTube. I am a singer/musician and Bon Jovi are my musical hero's, so to be able to have the slight chance to sing with them would have been a dream come true for me...but seems maybe it's only for his US and European fans.... Just sayin...:-)
Lucky1

Germany

#85 Dec 13, 2013
Charlotte 6 wrote:
I don't think I have ever been to a rock concert without signs. Iam in Sunrise now so I guess I will find out what it is like.
Jon must have developed the Axl Rose complex.
Agree - but some people probably have made too big a deal about a blocked view. That could cause litigation and be unfair to those having their view blocked. Some logic behind the decision, maybe?

Since: Feb 07

Caledon, Canada

#86 Dec 14, 2013
As the tour went on, the restrictions on signs were relaxed and it seemed as though as long as it was not held up above someone's head, no one would bother them. If they did, then be prepared to have it taken away. If the sign was large and rigid, then I heard that most lost them as well.I took signs to all my shows, but they were on letter size paper and I kept them below chin level without any problems. Lots went to signs on pillowcases so they could be folded or had messages printed on shirts.
Mia

Strathfield, Australia

#87 Dec 14, 2013
I can't believe the sign ban!! But what happens when there are people that are 6'5 in front of you and your 5'4?? Big deal about signs I have to deal with the giants at concerts.

Caledon, Canada

#88 Dec 14, 2013
Debs wrote:
I went to see Bon Jovi last night in Perth, Australia....and knew nothing of not be able to take a sign. In fact I called the venue a few weeks before to ask if it was OK...only to get there last night, after having spent time and money on this sign...to be told it's not allowed and then had it taken off me! Now, I completely understand the whole not being able to see thing, but I was at the back with no one behind me....Oh and I did it because I saw a YouTube vid where Jon got some girl up because she had a sign that said 'It's my dream to sing with you'...so he got her up and sang 'who said ya can't go home' actually this happened a couple of times by looking at YouTube.

I am a singer/musician and Bon Jovi are my musical hero's, so to be able to have the slight chance to sing with them would have been a dream come true for me...but seems maybe it's only for his US and European fans.... Just sayin...:-)
I don't believe having the chance to go on stage has anything to do with location as there was at least one fan on stage during the South American leg and there was also a fan on stage in Adelaide a couple of nights ago.
Debs

Perth, Australia

#89 Jan 6, 2014
Hey mgemay...
I was just blowing off steam....:-)

Caledon, Canada

#90 Jan 8, 2014
Debs wrote:
Hey mgemay...
I was just blowing off steam....:-)
Understand. <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The B.E.A.T. Centre Sun joviheidi 3
News Jon Bon Jovi Will Ponder Alternate Life in New ... Apr 24 MGJoeViterbo 8
If you could ask one question to Carol Bongiovi... (Aug '06) Apr 14 Roberta 54
News Odds & Ends: Finding Neverland Taps Jon Bon Jov... Apr 9 BJ Fan 1
Jon's penthouse sold Apr 2 anonymous 1
WOW anyone read Nikki Lunds twitter? (May '14) Apr 1 swan1987 105
News New Bon Jovi Album on the Way Apr 1 Sneaky Pete 36
More from around the web