No signs allowed at concerts

Posted in the Bon Jovi Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Sasha

Stroud, UK

#1 Mar 2, 2013
Matt tweeted that no birthday signs or any signs will be allowed at concerts anymore.
dream87

Germany

#2 Mar 2, 2013
LOL This is actually sad. There was a time when bon jovi concerts were about having a good time. What's next? No singing along because it's too distracting? Banners have always been a part of the live experience. Also, what about song requests? The only way we can make requests is with banners. And they add to the atmosphere.
Yet another way of making the show less exciting. Good job, Jon.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3 Mar 2, 2013
I don't think I have ever been to a rock concert without signs. Iam in Sunrise now so I guess I will find out what it is like.

Jon must have developed the Axl Rose complex.
Stephanie

Ottawa, Canada

#4 Mar 2, 2013
Well I'm slightly disappointed about the sign thing but can truly understand why..... At the Ottawa show there was a pregnet women in the front row pit and was holding a heart shaped sign with her friend that said " KISS ME JON ". I was sitting right behind her and thought what an idiot ... If she was truly a fan she would of realised that Jon hates that. And sure enough When Jon saw her side he totally avoid that side of the stage. The biggest burn for her was when Jon came off the back risers after signing we got it going on ... Those girls rushed to grab jons hand and he grabbed only one girls hand that was not part of their group.... And he never came back to that side of the stage again.
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#5 Mar 2, 2013
Though we may not always feel that the band responds to complaints or criticisms, perhaps this was in fact a fan-driven request. People are paying a lot of money to go to the shows, and its not so they can sit behind someone else's sign. I know people will respond to this and say that they wouldn't hold their sign up for the whole show and block the view of others, but the fact is people do just that. If we've reached a point where the band is telling people not to bring signs, I have to believe it's because there have been problems.
Joviana

Dover, FL

#6 Mar 2, 2013
I didn't know about the request before today, but I didn't see any signs at last night's Tampa show.
Jasper

Australia

#7 Mar 2, 2013
dream87 wrote:
LOL This is actually sad. There was a time when bon jovi concerts were about having a good time. What's next? No singing along because it's too distracting? Banners have always been a part of the live experience. Also, what about song requests? The only way we can make requests is with banners. And they add to the atmosphere.
Yet another way of making the show less exciting. Good job, Jon.
Its not just Jon but the whole band agrees with it. They are in the way and people pay good money. Song requests are fine but some of these fans take it further. Kiss me, I want your babies, lets get busy (some of the signs that have been shown) it gets old, real quick.
Jasper

Australia

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Joviana wrote:
I didn't know about the request before today, but I didn't see any signs at last night's Tampa show.
they weren't allowed at Tampa either.

Location hidden

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Jasper wrote:
<quoted text>
they weren't allowed at Tampa either.
I was at the Tampa show there were signs there. I don't know how many because I was not paying that much atttention. The person beside me had a purple foam hand talking about Richie's move.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 2, 2013
Jasper wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not just Jon but the whole band agrees with it. They are in the way and people pay good money. Song requests are fine but some of these fans take it further. Kiss me, I want your babies, lets get busy (some of the signs that have been shown) it gets old, real quick.
This was Matt's tweet this morning

Matthew Bongiovi&#8207;@MatthewBon giovi
Our leader has requested NO birthday signs tonight. Please respect request.

He refers to "Our Leader" not the band. One can only assume that "Our leader" is the CEO/Quaterback of the cooperation called BJ.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 2, 2013
BTW I just left the Sunrise show it looked like a good time was had by all. Jon sounds better to me than he has in the last five years. Richie was on fire again tonight.
Jasper

Australia

#12 Mar 2, 2013
Charlotte 6 wrote:
<quoted text>
This was Matt's tweet this morning
Matthew Bongiovi&#8207;@MatthewBon giovi
Our leader has requested NO birthday signs tonight. Please respect request.
He refers to "Our Leader" not the band. One can only assume that "Our leader" is the CEO/Quaterback of the cooperation called BJ.
I know he wrote our leader, I get that but the rest of the band agrees too, its not just a Jon thing.
Bounce

Auckland, New Zealand

#13 Mar 2, 2013
Charlotte 6 wrote:
BTW I just left the Sunrise show it looked like a good time was had by all. Jon sounds better to me than he has in the last five years. Richie was on fire again tonight.
There was tons of reports Jon was really pissed off with the crowd and he wasn't happy and lost his cool a few times, did you notice that?

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#14 Mar 2, 2013
Charlotte 6 wrote:
There was a few reports floating around on twitter Jon wasn't happy with the crowd and was really pissed off, is this true?
Also, thought it was weird he didn't play Just Older. He always does at his birthday show.

Location hidden

#15 Mar 2, 2013
Bounce wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a few reports floating around on twitter Jon wasn't happy with the crowd and was really pissed off, is this true?
Also, thought it was weird he didn't play Just Older. He always does at his birthday show.
The crowd was more reserved than Tampa but if Jon was pissed I did not notice it. I was with 3 other people tonight and we all had a great time. I do have to confess that except for a few times my eyes were glued to Richie. But 2 members of my party watched Jon alot and did not see anything negative.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Charlotte 6 wrote:
<quoted text>
The crowd was more reserved than Tampa but if Jon was pissed I did not notice it. I was with 3 other people tonight and we all had a great time. I do have to confess that except for a few times my eyes were glued to Richie. But 2 members of my party watched Jon alot and did not see anything negative.
Cool, glad it was good. Yeah, some audiences I guess he gets are reserved - that's good. i was wondering if it was just over-hype. You know how it goes.
Robin

AOL

#17 Mar 2, 2013
I was at the Tampa show Friday night we had 2 signs. Security was real quick to let you know that it wasn't aloud. It was in a very rude mannor! I get that holding up a sign for a long period time is just not cool to the people behide you, but just up for a moment. Signs have always been at concerts. First no opening acts and now no signs, whats next you have to stay seated?
jovisurf

Key Largo, FL

#18 Mar 2, 2013
Just got back from Bon Jovi show in Sunrise and thought it was great. I was disappointed that no one sang happy birthday to him. I thought someone would have started it. Did anyone else feel that way?
dream87

Germany

#19 Mar 2, 2013
Matt describing his brother as "the leader" disturbs me, as well. As a German, the term "the leader" just sends chills down my spine.. And not the good kind...

It's creepy as hell.
Mia

Strathfield, Australia

#20 Mar 3, 2013
I can sort of understand not wanting to be reminded that your 51! If I was that age I'd be like no thanks! LOL! Saying that don't do a show on your birthday.

I do think it's slightly precious with the no signs. I think audience members are more respectful of others around them. I've been seeing bands live for years and have never had an issue with signs. I have issues with the tallest people standing in front of me and knowing it than a sign!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jon and Richie crying (Nov '08) Aug 17 Dee 16
Bon Jovi Fan Fiction (Apr '08) Aug 17 BJ Fan 1,572
Where to get the Sleeveless T-shirts that JBJ w... Aug 15 Susan 5
News Spurred by PETA, Jon Bon Jovi will sell vegan c... Aug 15 BJ Fan 1
Jovi a Christian band? (Jun '08) Aug 9 Quelita 291
Born Again Tomorrow Video (Dec '16) Aug 6 Anna 3
Jon Bon Jovi - unfaithful!? (May '07) Jul 26 Fred 659
More from around the web