Bands Influenced by Bon Jovi

Bands Influenced by Bon Jovi

Posted in the Bon Jovi Forum

“No fear - still standing tall”

Since: Dec 06

Nothin like a Boston chick!

#1 Jan 19, 2007
Totally an opinionated question, but over the course of their 20 some years in the industry, I'm sure BJ has influenced the sound and spirit of other bands or individual artists. In your opinion, who do you think has the "gusto" to go the Jovi distance and become one of the next great rock bands? Also, who's sound do you think is most similar to that of Bon Jovi?

I, myself, would have to say that back in the hey day, the band Trixter was greatly influenced by BJ. I think that they were from NJ and had a really close sound to the boys.

Today, I would have to say that bands like Nickelback and Hinder are really reminding me of the boys. The first time I heard Hinder's music, they immediately came to mind.

#2 Jan 19, 2007
No ideas??? Come on...we all know who influenced them, but who do you think THEY influenced?

“Jon lay your hands on me”

Since: Jan 07

Palmetto, Florida

#3 Jan 19, 2007
Jon can influence me any time.

Since: Jan 07

Brick, NJ

#4 Jan 19, 2007
I think Bowling for Soup is one.

“Livin' in a Dry County”

Hudson, WI

#5 Jan 19, 2007
I agree with Hinder. Definitely influenced them. Also, The All American Rejects kind of remind me of Jovi too.

“id dive in his river of love!!”

Northern Ireland

#6 Jan 20, 2007
i definatley think nickleback and also chris daughtrey..the guy on american idol that sang wanted..wel i have his album and it sounds very bj influenced!!!!!

#7 Jan 20, 2007
richiegirl wrote:
i definatley think nickleback and also chris daughtrey..the guy on american idol that sang wanted..wel i have his album and it sounds very bj influenced!!!!!
OMG I have it too!! I totally forgot about him! LOL! I love his CD!

Northern Ireland

#8 Jan 21, 2007
ltlmac4598 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG I have it too!! I totally forgot about him! LOL! I love his CD!
i got it for christmas and am constantly listening to it its really realy good..i just wish he had of done a wanted cover and put it on there!

#9 Jan 21, 2007
richiegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
i got it for christmas and am constantly listening to it its really realy good..i just wish he had of done a wanted cover and put it on there!
How much do you love the song that features Slash??? Is it What I Want?? I can't remember the name...but I LOVE THE SONG!

Northern Ireland

#10 Jan 22, 2007
ltlmac4598 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much do you love the song that features Slash??? Is it What I Want?? I can't remember the name...but I LOVE THE SONG!
yea its 'what i want' and its amazing!!! i also love its not over, there and back again and all these lives...brillant album... its not even available over here but it really should be...friends from canada got it for me!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richie and Bon jovi 16 hr michele 1
Anyone ever used Ticket Liquidator???? (Feb '08) Aug 19 Never Ticket Liqu... 164
Worst Lyric Ever? (Jul '11) Aug 15 colin d 43
The Bongiovi family (Jun '06) Aug 13 Krista 590
Direct TV Commercial Aug 13 Sterling 12
This House Is Not For Sale Aug 13 Sterling 4
That's What The Water Made Me (Feb '13) Aug 9 rino 9
More from around the web