Thick as Theives

“I'll be There for You”

Since: Dec 06

"How are we doin so far, ok?"

#1 Apr 26, 2013
I do love this song... does anybody else get the feeling that he is singing about himself and Dorothea?

Since: Jan 09

New Jersey

#2 Apr 26, 2013
I think it was Richie who said it was about J&D
ksluvbj

Toronto, Canada

#3 Apr 26, 2013
I LOVE it too.
I can listen to it over and over again :)

“I'll be There for You”

Since: Dec 06

"How are we doin so far, ok?"

#5 Apr 26, 2013
Thank you everyone for your answers!
jose ct

Cartagena, Spain

#6 Apr 26, 2013
i love when jon sing .....we just kiss....that is my favorite part of the song. and when i listen it i always think about jon and his wife
Jasper

Sydney, Australia

#7 Apr 26, 2013
One of my favourites from the CD and I like how its written about Jon and Dorothea. At the fanclub event in August at the winery, when Jon talked about BTBMB, he said how it was written about his wife and classic boy meets girl song. So its sweet how he wrote classic boy meets girl in the lyrics for Thick As Thieves.
joviheidi

Diedesfeld, Germany

#8 Apr 27, 2013
I love it too :-)
Jovi-Girl

Mosman, Australia

#9 Apr 27, 2013
Yes the words are very powerful when you listern to the song,it gives me chills.
natyb

France

#10 Apr 27, 2013
I must say I like it. But this is not my favourite ballad in this album (then I must confess that I am more attracted by the guitar crashing in that's'what the water) but when I listen to Amen, it just makes me shiver ....
Tracie

United States

#11 Apr 27, 2013
natyb wrote:
I must say I like it. But this is not my favourite ballad in this album (then I must confess that I am more attracted by the guitar crashing in that's'what the water) but when I listen to Amen, it just makes me shiver ....
Any idea what That's What the Water Made Me is about? It's driving me crazy!

Since: Jan 09

New Jersey

#12 Apr 27, 2013
Tracie wrote:
<quoted text>
Any idea what That's What the Water Made Me is about? It's driving me crazy!
It is about being from Jersey, a take on the expressions "something must be in the water"/"it's in the water".
Joviee

Brussels, Belgium

#13 Apr 28, 2013
Jon said it was about Dot
Callie

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#14 Apr 28, 2013
I love that song too and that it's about his wife. They obviously have a strong bond and I think that is very cool.
Jovian

Australia

#15 Apr 28, 2013
One of the only songs from the CD which I enjoy. As soon as I heard, knew it was about Jon and Dorothea. You can just tell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jon and jennifer aniston (May '08) Sep 13 clouwee 69
Does Jon have a bodyguard? (Jan '10) Sep 5 Human1731 26
News Concert review | Bon Jovi: Band pays tribute to... (Mar '17) Aug 23 PrinterBench Tech 3
Jon and Richie crying (Nov '08) Aug '17 Dee 16
Bon Jovi Fan Fiction (Apr '08) Aug '17 BJ Fan 1,572
Where to get the Sleeveless T-shirts that JBJ w... Aug '17 Susan 5
News Spurred by PETA, Jon Bon Jovi will sell vegan c... Aug '17 BJ Fan 1
More from around the web