New "Poll" Where are we from/ where d...

New "Poll" Where are we from/ where do we get our BJ information

Posted in the Bon Jovi Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pebeamann

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Aug 14, 2013
I have been thinking about the posts with the Polls, and how it is said that you can vote as many times as you want. The same can be said about the icons on here, which doesn't even matter. I have been seeing what to me is a small pattern concerning the subject of Jon/Richie/ the Band. I am curious to see if I am at all right, or if I'm just not aware enough.
If you want to say where you are from, but you post with "location hidden" that's your right. If you do post that way, maybe this isn't the thread for you to comment or post on, that's your decision and will be respected by myself at least.
So I'll go first : I live in the USA, female, 50- 60 yrs. age group
Radio, Television, internet as my sources for BJ information.
If this thread goes anywhere, I'll post what I perceive as the pattern I have been thinking about

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#2 Aug 14, 2013
I'm in Dallas where I've lived for most of my life.

I am 23.

BJ is not even my favorite band but I enjoy learning about them from people on here who are mega fans.

I like Richie best of the 4 of them based on talent only..but I like them all.

I go to school at nights & work part time as a makeup artist/hair stylist. Self employed!

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3 Aug 14, 2013
I'll bite ; )

I live in the USA Orlando, Fl 40-50 age group.
The internet is my source for BJ info.

Have a good day.
natyb

Toulouse, France

#4 Aug 14, 2013
Oh well this thread can be a happy one for once. Don't know exactly what you expect from the answers pebeamann but, here I go :
I am French, was born in tbe South of France, lived a few years in the very North of it where my husband originates from, we are back in the South since 2000.
I am 46, married and 3 kids aged 14, 17 and 21.
I listen to many kind of music but only can be qualified as a fan as far as bj is concerned. Like also their solo stuff but am more moved, catched by the work as a band. Must confess jons smile and sometimes look i his eyes crack me up ....
Have information via internet mostly now (forums, media), while when I began to get into being a bj fan in the 90s, I used to penpal with a US, a German and 2 UK fans that had much more info than what I could get in France.
I work as a secretary in a medical center for disabled very young children (a few weeks to 6 yrs old) with any kind of disease or trouble, from a simple language trouble or behaviour to very hard physical disabled or deep autists.... so I appreciate getting away sometimes from all that and have some fun and easy thoughts .... and thank God, chance, luck or whatever everyday to have 3 healthy kids....

Location hidden

#5 Aug 14, 2013
None of my friends like BJ! They think they are too old!

And here I am liking the old rockers over anything new. You could not pay me to listen to some of what passes for music these days.
pebeamann

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Aug 14, 2013
I keep hoping Rap will disappear forever ! I admit I probably don't even know many singers or bands from now . My kids think I'm nuts, and looks like a lot of people here do too ! LOL

Location hidden

#7 Aug 14, 2013
pebeamann wrote:
I keep hoping Rap will disappear forever ! I admit I probably don't even know many singers or bands from now . My kids think I'm nuts, and looks like a lot of people here do too ! LOL
Hip hop rules these days. I think it's crap & I really think it's funny at some of the names the artists go by.
pll

Belleville, Canada

#8 Aug 14, 2013
I live in Ontario, Canada
female age 40-50 group
get my info off internet, I'm a Jon's girl
have been a long time fan but have only seen Bon Jovi 5 times in concert, may attend Toronto show in Nov.

Since: Mar 08

Irvington, AL

#9 Aug 14, 2013
I live in Alabama, female, 2 kids (21 and 15), 50-60 age group. Internet is my source for Bon Jovi news.

30 year fan. No shows for me this tour; nothing to do with the Jovi drama.

I'm enjoying pics, videos and the livestreams that have been posted. Thanks to all who have shared.
natyb

Toulouse, France

#10 Aug 14, 2013
pebeamann wrote:
My kids fortunately don't listen to some music other teens do .... even my 14 yrs daughter just hates all that s... as one direction, bieber ot alike.... according to, the pics on the walls of her bedroom, I would say she listens to skipnot and stuff like that .....my 17 yrs son also has skipnot on his walls, and children of bodom, asking alexandria and, the only one I heard things from, system of a down.... my eldest daughter listens to some more experimental rock but I cannot tell what... she and her brother like some bj music, in fact, tthey were born and raised in their first years during my 1st bj obsession period....from, 92 to 2000.... that must explain why they like some songs while my other daughter does not, or maybe it is her way of opposition to, her mom ......
I got into my obsession first in 92, with ktf. Then highly addicted until the beginning of 2000. That year, we had to mlve again for my husbands job and went back in fact in my home town and we stayed at my parents home for 4 months while we were looking for a new home and living there, with 3 young kids and my mom being a hard person to live with.....was a terrible experience when I was fancy nothing and my only obsession was to find a home.... when crush came out, of course I bought it but hardly even listened to, it.....I got away from my obsession, in this country, bj is not often played on the radio or talked in the media so it is almost easy to 'forget' them......(I feel like we French fans are like alliens sometimes.... when you talk about them, friends or colleagues just answer me they thought they were dead... at least, when I can go, to Spain for a short holiday, I feel in friend land...)....
Then another move and some years dealing with a family life, new job for me and again another move, new job (the one I Have now) and building a house...then by autumn 2010, I had a strange necessity to go and search what the band and its members had become....it was like I woke up one morning and I thought 'hey, I wonder if bon jovi still exists'..... then, thanks to internet and amazon, I could recover all my delay in only a few days and I got back in my obsession... as deep as the 1st time or even more as nowadays, even if you live down here, you can get as addicted as the lucky ones living in places where the group is more appreciated....I could make my hubby take me to barcelona in july 2011 and it was 3 hrs magic....he liked it so much that he is ready to do, it again (unfortunately we could not afford to go this time as the shows were too far and this september, my eldest daughter will follow her studies in Paris which has a considerable impact on our budget...)....
Sorry for that neverending post but that is where ly obsession gets me when I start writing... and I hope my English is not totally a mess (I have forgotten a lot and lost of my fluency as not used for years....that is the other good thing of a place like this forum.... I can practice again...)
natyb

Toulouse, France

#11 Aug 14, 2013
I noticed that the keyboard of my tab is making a real mess sometimes with some letters and this time, there are some false letters that I did not see before posting.... sorry for that
Rundem

Caledon, Canada

#12 Aug 14, 2013
I am from Ontario Canada as well. First saw the band at the Castle in Charlevoix Michigan in I believe 1986.
I have seen them many times each tour in many cities.
I get my band news from the Internet.
I love them all however I have to say that I was angry with Richie about the way the current situation was handled. I am not saying it was his fault but he could have handled it differently. That whole Calgary dis was so unnecessary.
Never cared for Alex so didn't care he left. I would miss Richie though.

Location hidden

#13 Aug 14, 2013
Wow! Some of you ladies are mega fans!

I'm impressed. I could not afford it!
WeWantSamboraBac k

Winnipeg, Canada

#14 Aug 14, 2013
I am female, from Canada, in the 40-50 year age bracket.
Been a fan since they hit in the 80's. Haven't missed a tour yet.

I get my Bon Jovi news wherever I can get it....mostly the internet these days and preferably out of the band's own mouths.

Some examples of my Bon Jovi obsession...

Whenever there is anything about Bon Jovi in the news or on tv, I get calls from everyone that knows me to tell me so I don't miss it. After so many calls I stop answering the phone because I know what they're calling about and I don't want talking to interrupt what I'm watching!
For Valentine's Day one year at work, my co-workers gave me a heart-shaped box of chocolates with a pic of Jon and I on it. Um yeah...that was a long time ago! lol

For my 40th b'day, my family and friends got together and got me two tickets to see Bon Jovi in Toronto, all expenses paid...airfare and money to load up on my Bon Jovi memorabilia.:)

Those are a few....not going to tell all but you get the gist of it. LOL
JonsIaGirl

West Des Moines, IA

#15 Aug 14, 2013
I'm from Iowa, female, & in the 35-40 age group. I've been a fan for 27 years this month! I fell in love with the band (well Jon (:) when a classmate brought the Slippery tape to school & played Bad Name. I didn't get to see them in concert until 2005, but have seen them 9 times. I get all my Jovi info. from the internet.
miss bunny

Salvador, Brazil

#16 Aug 14, 2013
I'm from Brazil. 40-50 age group. Fan for a long long time ..get my info from the web. At this moment I'm disappointed with both ,Rs and jbj, but I still love them . Love the whole band .The songs are special mainly the old ones...
natyb

Toulouse, France

#17 Aug 15, 2013
WeWantSamboraBack wrote:
I am female, from Canada, in the 40-50 year age bracket.
Been a fan since they hit in the 80's. Haven't missed a tour yet.
I get my Bon Jovi news wherever I can get it....mostly the internet these days and preferably out of the band's own mouths.
Some examples of my Bon Jovi obsession...
Whenever there is anything about Bon Jovi in the news or on tv, I get calls from everyone that knows me to tell me so I don't miss it. After so many calls I stop answering the phone because I know what they're calling about and I don't want talking to interrupt what I'm watching!
For Valentine's Day one year at work, my co-workers gave me a heart-shaped box of chocolates with a pic of Jon and I on it. Um yeah...that was a long time ago! lol
For my 40th b'day, my family and friends got together and got me two tickets to see Bon Jovi in Toronto, all expenses paid...airfare and money to load up on my Bon Jovi memorabilia.:)
Those are a few....not going to tell all but you get the gist of it. LOL
Well such a lucky girl !!!!! I suspected my husband and eldest daughter to prepare me a surprise for the latest mothers day (which is in the end of May in France).... and I secretly hoped for the concert in Madrid.....I got this tab I am using now, well the expense would have been the same for 2 tickets + driving costs and a cheap hotel room ..... then .I have the same bon jovi 'alert' from my husband and kids ...... whenever they hear a song on the radio or on mtv (much too rarely . We used to have vh1 and vh1 classic, which were both much more interesting at any point of view but the satellite tv group we subscribe to has taken these 2 channels out of their list last January), see someone wearing a t shirt or cap.... at my own work, very rare people even knows them and the ones who do thought they were not on anylonger....whereas my husband has some employees and colleagues who even like them and were some jealous when he told them he was going to a concert..... he works in a hypermarket and there is music playing you know, and he told me there often was some bj songs....which my eldest daughter whom he employed for summer jobs also told me .... the one who makes the music program must be a bj fan..... some time ago, my son came from town telling me he found a small rock music store where he saw some old cds.... and very cheap so he told me that if I wanted, he would be happy to offer me them..... too bad !!! Nothing else than slippery and nj !!!! But my son's reaction made me laugh so much .....
Jovi-Girl

Brisbane, Australia

#18 Aug 16, 2013
Im from Australia im a 45 yr old Nurse works in a private Hospital not married been a fan since Keep The Faith I drive people crazy @ work I even had a Dr say to me last week did you know JBJ is coming to X Factor,all my friends for B,days always buy me something to do with BJ,i have so many cards,i even write with BJ pens @ work,they cant understand why im going to see them 5 times in December when they are here.Ive just picked out new No Plates to go on my car that are going to be related to BJ.

“Lets Make a Memory!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#19 Aug 17, 2013
OK, I'll throw in my 2 cents! LOL!
I was born in USSR, but currently live in New Jersey. I am Female, 40-50 age group. Been a fan since the start, from the moment I heard "Runaway"on WAPP. My 1st concert was in August 1987 at the MSG, my last at the Giants Stadium( I refuse to call it Met Life Stadium LOL!)on July 25th. I am a David and Richie girl. I get most of my information from the web and I maintain my BSWJBJ membership for tickets only.
And Jovi-Girl, I'm a nurse too!:)
Rundem

Severn, Canada

#20 Aug 17, 2013
Bayaderra wrote:
OK, I'll throw in my 2 cents! LOL!
I was born in USSR, but currently live in New Jersey. I am Female, 40-50 age group. Been a fan since the start, from the moment I heard "Runaway"on WAPP. My 1st concert was in August 1987 at the MSG, my last at the Giants Stadium( I refuse to call it Met Life Stadium LOL!)on July 25th. I am a David and Richie girl. I get most of my information from the web and I maintain my BSWJBJ membership for tickets only.
And Jovi-Girl, I'm a nurse too!:)
Me three! And it just cracks me up when I see those " nurses" in the audience!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sebastian Bach recalls his debauched youth in n... Thu T Bone 3
Bon Jovi Fan Fiction (Apr '08) May 18 RoseRed 1,562
News Bon Jovi to sing at NYC Hillary Clinton fundraiser (Jan '09) May 16 Norwegian Supremacy 62
News We're all livin' on a prayer: How a hair band a... May 13 Gravy Train 6
News Bon Jovi Leads Hot Tours Tally With $31M Earned... May 7 mgemay 2
Tribeca Film Festival Apr '17 LA Fan 1
News Bon Jovi, battling bronchitis, postpones his we... Apr '17 BJ Fan 1
More from around the web