Posted in the Bon Jovi Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Madrid, Spain

#1 Oct 13, 2008
Hello there,

What does this news mean exactly? http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...

I don't understand very much out of it. Is Jon in economical danger?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 13, 2008
No he isn't, he can't have spent all our money from the tour already!! This article is just saying they want to stop Jon and others abusing a tax dodge on farmland. After all its not like he can't afford to pay his taxes..
Joviana

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Is this in relation to the property that Jon owns with the beehives on it?

“JoviLand ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 Oct 13, 2008
Joviana wrote:
Is this in relation to the property that Jon owns with the beehives on it?
Probably.

“JOVI KISSES XOXOXOXOX”

Since: Apr 08

Hackensack, NJ USA

#5 Oct 13, 2008
Yes.... Jon and Dorothea sell honey.(though I have yet to come across any...wonder where the market is! LOL) and what this law is saying is that they must sell $1000 worth of honey (and have proof) as opposed to the $500 minimum now. Will it ruin Jon financially? Uhm, no. Doubt he will miss it. This is a legal tax break and certainly his accountants are advising him to take it. IF the law changes, he will either qualify for the tax break or not. Hope the explanation helps...let me know if you have any more questions.

-Jovi kisses,
Jenn

“All that and a bag of chips!”

Since: May 08

United States

#6 Oct 13, 2008
minxy wrote:
No he isn't, he can't have spent all our money from the tour already!! This article is just saying they want to stop Jon and others abusing a tax dodge on farmland. After all its not like he can't afford to pay his taxes..
In this country, even people who can well afford to pay their taxes, don't. That's just a fact of life.

“JOVI KISSES XOXOXOXOX”

Hackensack, NJ USA

#7 Oct 13, 2008
Oh Somemora,

That's not entirely true! JBJ pays more in taxes in a single year than I make in a decade! Jon has donated more to charity that hubby and I will make in a lifetime. He pays more than his fair share. And if he can reduce his tax bill to the state of New Jersey (NJ has one of the highest tax bills of ANY state in the nation, by the way...it was one of the reason we moved away!) then, what's wrong with that? It was a LEGAL tax deduction. I bet when you file your taxes, you take all the deductions you can...What's wrong with that?

-Jovi kisses,
Jenn

“All that and a bag of chips!”

Since: May 08

United States

#8 Oct 13, 2008
JennTrip wrote:
Oh Somemora,
That's not entirely true! JBJ pays more in taxes in a single year than I make in a decade! Jon has donated more to charity that hubby and I will make in a lifetime. He pays more than his fair share. And if he can reduce his tax bill to the state of New Jersey (NJ has one of the highest tax bills of ANY state in the nation, by the way...it was one of the reason we moved away!) then, what's wrong with that? It was a LEGAL tax deduction. I bet when you file your taxes, you take all the deductions you can...What's wrong with that?
-Jovi kisses,
Jenn
Oh Jenn Trip, I'm just pointing out that there are people who do not pay their taxes no matter how much they can afford to...Wesley Snipes and a few others come to mind...and come on, those silly little tax deductions may be legal, but really...making honey!!! Yeah, I live in FL where everyone who has a religious statue or owns a cow wants a tax deduction or not to pay at all...and I don't use all of the tax deductions that I could use...especially charitable contributions.

Since: Aug 08

San Salvador, El Salvador

#9 Oct 13, 2008
JennTrip wrote:
Yes.... Jon and Dorothea sell honey.(though I have yet to come across any...wonder where the market is! LOL) and what this law is saying is that they must sell $1000 worth of honey (and have proof) as opposed to the $500 minimum now. Will it ruin Jon financially? Uhm, no. Doubt he will miss it. This is a legal tax break and certainly his accountants are advising him to take it. IF the law changes, he will either qualify for the tax break or not. Hope the explanation helps...let me know if you have any more questions.
-Jovi kisses,
Jenn
Do they really sell honey? I didn't know about that.
Carina

Lisbon, Portugal

#10 Oct 13, 2008
They sell honey???? Weird!!

Since: Jul 08

Kearny, NJ

#11 Oct 13, 2008
I still wanna know where to buy the honey from!

“~ I'm Complicated ~”

Since: Aug 08

Bon Jovi Always

#12 Oct 14, 2008
honey....
JBJfan2007

AOL

#13 Oct 14, 2008
I'm sure Jon and all other wealthy people took some hits withe the stock market-but he has alot of money so don't lose sleep over this. Jon won't be happy with the farmland thing though. I know he had saida year ago or so that the taxes in NJ were "killing him".

“JOVI KISSES XOXOXOXOX”

Hackensack, NJ USA

#14 Oct 14, 2008
The taxes in NJ are crazy.... people are leaving the state by the droves... something like 250,000 people have relocated just in the last twelve months. I still have family in the garden state and their chief complaint is how corrupt the government is and how insane the taxes have gotten. Should the loophole be closed? Absolutely. Should we crucify those who took the deduction when it was perfectly legal to do so? No. However, it DOES smell fishy... I mean, has anyone here ever heard of Bon Jovi honey? If so, I would LOVE to know where to buy some...might help with my allergies! LOL! I think Jon taking the deduction in the first place is what made the "ordinary folks" stand up and demand that the loophole be closed. He is taking heat for it.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens... maybe they will unload the place in Jersey just to stop bleeding money in taxes... what a shame...

-Jovi kisses,
Jenn

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#15 Oct 14, 2008
JennTrip wrote:
Yes.... Jon and Dorothea sell honey.(though I have yet to come across any...wonder where the market is! LOL)
Jenn
Good question! Where can that honey be found? Find out, Jenn! LOL

“JoviLand ”

Location hidden

#16 Oct 14, 2008
Viva wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh...I was just going to be very naughty but I'll shut my mouth now! LOL!!!

“I love him barefoot!!!!!”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#17 Oct 14, 2008
Sterling wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh...I was just going to be very naughty but I'll shut my mouth now! LOL!!!
Why? We live in free countries, so we can say what we want!! What's more, I'll agree with you!!LOL

Since: Jan 07

Sneedville, TN

#18 Oct 14, 2008
You know I always wondered if this was true and did Jon really sell the honey. I'll just say one word......EBAY - he'll make a fortune off us nuts...ummm I mean fans. lol

“So many Brooms,So little time ”

Location hidden

#19 Oct 14, 2008
Viva wrote:
<quoted text>
the Honey is in California...Nuff said =)~ Oh How Sweet it issssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!

“So many Brooms,So little time ”

Location hidden

#20 Oct 14, 2008
jovifan wrote:
You know I always wondered if this was true and did Jon really sell the honey. I'll just say one word......EBAY - he'll make a fortune off us nuts...ummm I mean fans. lol
It's aka Jonny Juice =) lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Richie Sambora says he and Orianthi are 'insepa... 1 hr Amy 26
Bon Jovi memorabilia 2 hr BJ Fan 3
News Bon Jovi's son 'given booze, cigars and a prost... 2 hr BJ Fan 3
Bahamas Runaway Trip. Sun BJ Fan 13
Sebastian Bach/Jon Bon Jovi Feud (Jul '13) Sun From lavina 20
Poll Are Jon's teeth real??? (Aug '08) May 31 Janetosully 76
News Bon Jovi news: Eddie Money fed Bon Jovi cold cu... May 28 Jons side 2
More from around the web