Enough Already... Leave Him Alone!

Posted in the Bon Jovi Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 May 14, 2013
If you people can tell me one valid reason why Richie Sambora taking a leave of absence affects YOUR life, I will buy you your very own unicorn.
kris

Warwick, NY

#2 May 14, 2013
It may not affect peoples lives but for some it affects their pocketbooks. if they laid out money to see the band in tact and possibly travel plans time off from work etc. then yea maybe it does affect their lives after all.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#3 May 14, 2013
kris wrote:
It may not affect peoples lives but for some it affects their pocketbooks. if they laid out money to see the band in tact and possibly travel plans time off from work etc. then yea maybe it does affect their lives after all.
I said a VALID reason. How does Richie not being there affect their pocketbook or travel plans? Did he steal 100 bucks out of it or stop their plane out on the runway? So you see a band once, maybe twice in a THIRTY YEAR span without one of it's band members... get over it. It's not like the whole band didn't show up or they cancelled. I'm sure no one is lying on a psychiatrist's couch over this. It's been over a month and still.. blah, blah, blah. Children are starving in third world countries.. I'd like to see y'all go on for months over that instead. Now that's a problem!

I see no unicorns in your future.
Nofanofjbj

United States

#4 May 14, 2013
Ha! You make me laugh!!!! You shall not get unicorns!! I agree. Richie owes none of you anything. The only one he will ever owe anything to is his daughter. So leave him alone. This band may be the only life some of you have but he obviously has a life outside of Jons butt. Bravo Richie!
kris

Warwick, NY

#5 May 14, 2013
yourdaddyiswho wrote:
<quoted text>
I said a VALID reason. How does Richie not being there affect their pocketbook or travel plans? Did he steal 100 bucks out of it or stop their plane out on the runway? So you see a band once, maybe twice in a THIRTY YEAR span without one of it's band members... get over it. It's not like the whole band didn't show up or they cancelled. I'm sure no one is lying on a psychiatrist's couch over this. It's been over a month and still.. blah, blah, blah. Children are starving in third world countries.. I'd like to see y'all go on for months over that instead. Now that's a problem!
I see no unicorns in your future.
based on your reply I can assume that you are rich or that for you the band is only jon anyway so who cares if someone pays top dollar to see the WHOLE band and gets a scrub. I wonder if richie is still cashing his checks.
Justmindi

United States

#6 May 14, 2013
You don't have be rich to have an opinion about Richie Sambora not preforming on the current tour. For some fans Bon Jovi is not Bon Jovi without Richie Sambora performing. For those fans I say get a refund. Other than that go amd enjoy the show.
It's really that simple.
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#7 May 14, 2013
The overall issue is that Richie is being disrespectful, ungrateful and unappreciative. We the fans made him the success that he is. That nice big house he's sitting in now? We bought that. Granted it was a give and take relationship. They put out music, we chose to buy it. No one twisted our arms. But you can't overlook the give and take factor.

We supported Richie when he left the tour last time. We all knew he had problems and we gave him credit for admitting it on his own and not going because he was forced. Other than that incident, there is no pattern of Bon Jovi going on tour and then suddenly certain members just aren't there. After all these years when the band announces a tour and the fans buy tickets, we buy them with the perfectly reasonable expectation that we will see THE WHOLE BAND.

Richie committed to this tour and then bailed on it. It's now more than a month since he walked and not only has there been no explanation offered, there is no indication of what could possibly be wrong. To the fans, it just looks like he is disregarding us. Any fan who bought a ticket before he bailed is ENTITLED to an explanation of why he is not on the tour. Those of us who do not have rose-colored glasses stuck to our faces will continue to question what is going on because we recognize that we have every right to do so.

Richie made his own mess (as usual). He can end the rumors and speculation at any time. He just has to be a big boy, stand on his own two feet and take responsibility for himself.
kris

Warwick, NY

#8 May 14, 2013
Justmindi wrote:
You don't have be rich to have an opinion about Richie Sambora not preforming on the current tour. For some fans Bon Jovi is not Bon Jovi without Richie Sambora performing. For those fans I say get a refund. Other than that go amd enjoy the show.
It's really that simple.
wasnt saying you have to be rich to have an opinion. and its not just a refund for the show. again what about the fans that are travelling, hotel rooms, airfare. etc what happens if those fans cant get a refund on that stuff and at this point no one knows when or if he will be back. what happens after july if this continues and just like you said some fans want the complete band and at this point they are stringing the fans along collecting ticket sales and cashing their checks. I dont need the reason but the game is getting ridiculous thats all.
kris

Warwick, NY

#9 May 14, 2013
btw, full disclosure I personally have no intention of seeing them this time around but not because of the richie thing. I just saw them the last tour and the one before that and so on.
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#10 May 14, 2013
Am I the only person who realizes how screwed up it is that HEATHER is now the stable one who can be relied upon?

In a related story, hell is now accepting donations of winter coats, gloves, hats, boots, scarves....
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#11 May 14, 2013
...rock salt, shovels, plow blades....
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#12 May 14, 2013
...and hot chocolate.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#13 May 14, 2013
lisa wrote:
The overall issue is that Richie is being disrespectful, ungrateful and unappreciative. We the fans made him the success that he is. That nice big house he's sitting in now? We bought that. Granted it was a give and take relationship. They put out music, we chose to buy it. No one twisted our arms. But you can't overlook the give and take factor.
We supported Richie when he left the tour last time. We all knew he had problems and we gave him credit for admitting it on his own and not going because he was forced. Other than that incident, there is no pattern of Bon Jovi going on tour and then suddenly certain members just aren't there. After all these years when the band announces a tour and the fans buy tickets, we buy them with the perfectly reasonable expectation that we will see THE WHOLE BAND.
Richie committed to this tour and then bailed on it. It's now more than a month since he walked and not only has there been no explanation offered, there is no indication of what could possibly be wrong. To the fans, it just looks like he is disregarding us. Any fan who bought a ticket before he bailed is ENTITLED to an explanation of why he is not on the tour. Those of us who do not have rose-colored glasses stuck to our faces will continue to question what is going on because we recognize that we have every right to do so.
Richie made his own mess (as usual). He can end the rumors and speculation at any time. He just has to be a big boy, stand on his own two feet and take responsibility for himself.
Lisa please stop complaining you're not going to get a explaination. I would like one also but the fact of the matter is Richie and the band he used to belong to thinks that the fans have enough of a explaination. We probably will never know what happened. Something happened and after 30 years Richie walked. That's it!
Raynesong

Billings, MT

#14 May 14, 2013
Well if it makes anyone feel better it seems that someone on the tour has said Richie is back after the next break, June 6 in Copenhagen
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#15 May 14, 2013
Charlotte 6 wrote:
<quoted text>
We probably will never know what happened. Something happened and after 30 years Richie walked. That's it!
You know what Charlotte? The sad thing is, you're probably right...which goes back to my choice of words: ungrateful, disrespectful, etc...but yeah, that just may be the ending statement for this situation.
kris

Warwick, NY

#16 May 14, 2013
Raynesong wrote:
Well if it makes anyone feel better it seems that someone on the tour has said Richie is back after the next break, June 6 in Copenhagen
but its already been said that he was out for the SA and the european leg so thats up until july
Jasper

Sydney, Australia

#17 May 14, 2013
kris wrote:
<quoted text>
but its already been said that he was out for the SA and the european leg so thats up until july
Things change. That could gave been stated because Richie couldn't give them an answer and so that made a general all if Europe statement. IF he came back fantastic, if not they covered themselves.

The source of this information about Richie being back, is apparently Obie.
kris

Warwick, NY

#18 May 14, 2013
Jasper wrote:
<quoted text>
Things change. That could gave been stated because Richie couldn't give them an answer and so that made a general all if Europe statement. IF he came back fantastic, if not they covered themselves.
The source of this information about Richie being back, is apparently Obie.
NO WAY. I find it hard to believe Obie would be the one to leak this.
Sue

Dearborn Heights, MI

#19 May 14, 2013
But they've already issued refunds to people who wanted their money back because it was announced that Richie wasn't going to be there.

Imagine the fury when people who got their money back find out Richie will be there after all, but now the tickets they once had - possibly really great once in a lifetime seats - are gone and they can't go.
Sue

Dearborn Heights, MI

#20 May 14, 2013
Just wanted to add, I'll believe it when I see it. If the band knew Richie was coming back they'd say so so more people would buy tour tickets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Howard Stern to Induct Bon Jovi Into Rock Hall ... Wed BJ Fan 1
News Bon Jovi dishes on Bills bid, Trump's 'evil gen... Wed BJ Fan 1
The Bongiovi family (Jun '06) Tue collinskerstin 3 591
News Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Fall Out Boy Perform... Jan 15 BJ Fan 1
Ally Sheedy talks about Richie (Jul '13) Jan 10 Mrkoolio 22
Just Older... (Feb '08) Jan 3 Madison Tyszkiewicz 22
News Bon Jovi finally inducted into Rock and Roll Ha... Dec '17 BJ Fan 1
More from around the web