SWW Medallions

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Dec 11, 2013
I see that PhilX and David Bergman received their SWW medallions last night. Sweet!
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#2 Dec 11, 2013
Phil tweeted a pic but I didn't know David got one too. Good for them!

“I'll be There for You”

Since: Dec 06

"How are we doin so far, ok?"

#3 Dec 11, 2013
I saw David Bergman posted a pic of his on facebook..what an honor!
LA Fan

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Dec 11, 2013
That's awesome congratulations to both of them.

Since: Apr 10

Oslo, Norway

#5 Dec 12, 2013
David has worked 2 full tours now and also did some shows for them on the LH tour so he has definitely earned his pendant.

As for Phil, he has not fulfilled the required 2 full tours (or is it 3 tours ?) but I think it's great they gave him the pendant. After all he came in mid tour and "saved" the band leaving his pregnant wife and later his newborn baby behind to travel the world with BJ. If there were ever an exemption from the rule this should be it.

Congratulations to both David and Phil :)
Alison

Warwick, RI

#6 Dec 12, 2013
Layla693N wrote:
David has worked 2 full tours now and also did some shows for them on the LH tour so he has definitely earned his pendant.
As for Phil, he has not fulfilled the required 2 full tours (or is it 3 tours ?) but I think it's great they gave him the pendant. After all he came in mid tour and "saved" the band leaving his pregnant wife and later his newborn baby behind to travel the world with BJ. If there were ever an exemption from the rule this should be it.
Congratulations to both David and Phil :)
Really sad that you think leaving his pregnant wife alone at home for months and then his newborn child, is something that he should be admired for.
Nicky

United States

#7 Dec 12, 2013
Alison wrote:
<quoted text>
Really sad that you think leaving his pregnant wife alone at home for months and then his newborn child, is something that he should be admired for.
Ok drama queen, I highly doubt she was alone first of all. Second, I am sure making enough money to gurantee a little security with a newborn was something she was jist fine with.
Alison

Warwick, RI

#8 Dec 12, 2013
Nicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok drama queen, I highly doubt she was alone first of all. Second, I am sure making enough money to gurantee a little security with a newborn was something she was jist fine with.
No wonder you support Jon since you seem to agree with his theory that money is all that matters. You can not put a price on being there for your family.
Nicky

Providence, RI

#9 Dec 12, 2013
Alison wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you support Jon since you seem to agree with his theory that money is all that matters. You can not put a price on being there for your family.
Again, I am sure his family was well looked after. And its not all about money, but I know that if it were me personally, I would be more pissed if my husband didn't go. He wasn't gone for a full 7 months, he was with her when he could be, then he was out providing for his family. You are twisting the situation to try to fit some narrative that everyone is wrong but Richie, but you look foolish trying.
Rosa

Colyton, Australia

#10 Dec 12, 2013
Alison wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't twist it to suit your needs. I am pretty sure that he talked it over with his wife before he left. Secondly, he didn't leave her stranded on her own in a tiny little place. With social media now a days they probably "saw" each other every day. There were breaks in between as well, where he was home. Don't make it that he doesn't care (or anyone for that matter) for his wife and son and now only Richie cares about his kid. Don't twist it.

“I'll be There for You”

Since: Dec 06

"How are we doin so far, ok?"

#11 Dec 13, 2013
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't twist it to suit your needs. I am pretty sure that he talked it over with his wife before he left. Secondly, he didn't leave her stranded on her own in a tiny little place. With social media now a days they probably "saw" each other every day. There were breaks in between as well, where he was home. Don't make it that he doesn't care (or anyone for that matter) for his wife and son and now only Richie cares about his kid. Don't twist it.
TOTALLY agrre with you Rosa!

Location hidden

#12 Dec 13, 2013
Rosa wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree as well.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 13, 2013
Alison wrote:
<quoted text>
How in the world did you get this from what Layla said???? SFH
LA Fan

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#14 Dec 13, 2013
Phil has a steady income touring with the band it was reported that he earns 10k per show that's good money. Who knows when he'll make that kind of money again in a short amount of time. I say go for the money to support the family.

Since: Apr 10

Oslo, Norway

#15 Dec 13, 2013
Alison wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get that idea from? I never said I agreed or admired Phil’s decision to leave his wife and newborn to go on tour but I understand why he wanted to take this opportunity and from Bon Jovi's point of view all the reasons above are more than enough for them to make an exception from the two full tours rule and give him the Superman/SWW pendant.

Since: Feb 07

Caledon, Canada

#16 Dec 14, 2013
Layla693N wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get that idea from? I never said I agreed or admired Phil’s decision to leave his wife and newborn to go on tour but I understand why he wanted to take this opportunity and from Bon Jovi's point of view all the reasons above are more than enough for them to make an exception from the two full tours rule and give him the Superman/SWW pendant.
JMO, but "them" didn't make any exception. Jon set the criteria that a staff or crew member are awarded a SSW pendant after completing two full tours with the band.

However, it is Jon's band and Jon is head of BJM and Jon is the presenter of the medallions. As such, he can give one to whomever he wants to whenever he wants to for whatever reasons he wants to.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#17 Dec 14, 2013
mgemay wrote:
<quoted text>
JMO, but "them" didn't make any exception. Jon set the criteria that a staff or crew member are awarded a SSW pendant after completing two full tours with the band.
However, it is Jon's band and Jon is head of BJM and Jon is the presenter of the medallions. As such, he can give one to whomever he wants to whenever he wants to for whatever reasons he wants to.
I've congratulated them both down here this week as on tour with the guys (well kinda haha) and they're both very humbled. It's very cool.

Since: Feb 07

Caledon, Canada

#18 Dec 15, 2013
Bounce wrote:
<quoted text>
I've congratulated them both down here this week as on tour with the guys (well kinda haha) and they're both very humbled. It's very cool.
:-) I've talked with both and hearing your words "very humbled" doesn't surprise me at all. I suspect hearing your good wishes warmed their hearts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jon Bon Jovi - unfaithful!? (May '07) Jul 21 _beeryb 658
Jon kissing a fan :P (Jun '08) Jul 15 Quelita 31
News Bon Jovi to sing at NYC Hillary Clinton fundraiser (Jan '09) Jul 15 Quelita 66
News Jon Bon Jovi makes virtual visit to Alberta ele... Jul 15 Quelita 2
Bon Jovi Fan Fiction (Apr '08) Jul 9 Cajun_Jon_Bonjovi 1,570
News Bon Jovi Leads Hot Tours Tally With $31M Earned... Jul 7 Cajun_Jon_Bonjovi 3
Question jennifer nettles (Apr '08) Jul 1 Melody 63
More from around the web