Would you demand a refund to the Bon ...

Would you demand a refund to the Bon Jovi show if Richie doesn’t show up?

Created by mgemay on Aug 12, 2013

112 votes

Click on an option to vote

I'd want a refund. Richie is an integral part of t

No, I'm still going to see Bon Jovi with or withou

Other..please post your reason/thoughts in comment

Since: Feb 07

Toronto, Canada

#1 Aug 12, 2013
This poll was mentioned in the JBJ Show at NYS? thread. I'm curious and interested to see what the results would be here on the Bon Jovi Topix forum.

The results from NJ101.5 radio poll...

I'd want a refund. Richie is an integral part of the band. 76.92%

No, I'm still going to see Bon Jovi with or without Richie 21.66%

Other, please comment! 1.42%

Toronto, Canada

#2 Aug 12, 2013
I voted...
I'm going to see Bon Jovi with or without Richie.

So far I've seen the band at eight shows this tour. Five with Richie and three without Richie. Two withouts were purchased before he did not return to the band on April 2 and one purchased after. I've also purchased after for one show in November and will be likely buying for more when more the next round of concerts go onsale.

For me..the band is not better or worse..just different..yet I really don't notice any major difference at a PhilX show vs a Richie show.

Some say they miss the Jon/Richie interaction. I find there still lots of interaction between Jon and and the other band members and there's more interaction with PhilX and the other guys on stage than what I've seen between Richie with his bandmates during the past couple of tours.

Some say they miss the Jon/Richie harmonies. I'm someone who has always perferred David's voice over Richie's, so hearing him more in the harmonies is great for me. I'm also familiar with Phil's voice from his solo work and his work with Triumph during the 90's, so it isn't strange for me.
Cheri

Providence, RI

#3 Aug 12, 2013
Would I DEMAND a refund to the July 20th Gillette Stadium show, No. Did I call Ticketmaster to try to get one...several times. Ticketmaster could not offer the refund without the promoters approval. So I called the promoter AEG Live one day before the show. I explained my situation, that I purchased the tickets before Richie left the tour and that to me, I felt that I was not getting what I paid for. They did not give me any issues refunding the tickets and they were both kind and professional.
I have said this a few times on this forum - I do not mean any disrespect to the rest of the fans or band members including Phil X, who by the way seems to be doing a great job filling big shoes. But we all have our favorites...everyone is entitled to their opinions. For me, when I spent the $300 for tickets, I was whole-heartedly paying to see the entire band, which includes Richie. To me, the show would just not be the same.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4 Aug 12, 2013
I would not walk across the street if it was free to see BJ concert without RS.
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#5 Aug 12, 2013
Cheri wrote:
Would I DEMAND a refund to the July 20th Gillette Stadium show, No. Did I call Ticketmaster to try to get one...several times. Ticketmaster could not offer the refund without the promoters approval. So I called the promoter AEG Live one day before the show. I explained my situation, that I purchased the tickets before Richie left the tour and that to me, I felt that I was not getting what I paid for. They did not give me any issues refunding the tickets and they were both kind and professional.
I have said this a few times on this forum - I do not mean any disrespect to the rest of the fans or band members including Phil X, who by the way seems to be doing a great job filling big shoes. But we all have our favorites...everyone is entitled to their opinions. For me, when I spent the $300 for tickets, I was whole-heartedly paying to see the entire band, which includes Richie. To me, the show would just not be the same.
Cheri, I understand where you're coming from because my friend purchased tix for us before Richie left the tour. But I have to tell you, you missed a really great show at Gillette. True it wasn't what we fully expected, it was different without Richie, but it was still an entertaining Bon Jovi concert and I can honestly say I don't regret not seeking a refund.

I know a lot of fans feel the way you do, but having gone to the Richie-free show I can say I really think fans who don't go because Richie is not there are cutting their noses to spite their faces.
Nicky

Providence, RI

#6 Aug 12, 2013
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheri, I understand where you're coming from because my friend purchased tix for us before Richie left the tour. But I have to tell you, you missed a really great show at Gillette. True it wasn't what we fully expected, it was different without Richie, but it was still an entertaining Bon Jovi concert and I can honestly say I don't regret not seeking a refund.
I know a lot of fans feel the way you do, but having gone to the Richie-free show I can say I really think fans who don't go because Richie is not there are cutting their noses to spite their faces.
I disagree. I went to Gillette and it was okay, but I then decided to give up my ticket for NJ. Static setlists and no Richie was more than I was willing to overlook for another stadium show. I do not regret my decision in the least.
pebeamann

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Aug 12, 2013
No, I would not demand a refund. Also if I already had the ticket, which would never be anywhere close to the stage, I would go see the show. I absolutely would NOT purchase a ticket knowing that Richie wouldn't be there. As fun as going to show can be, and as I said not being near the stage, I actually find the singing to be so hard to understand at times along with the entire 50,000 audience members singing along, that you can't even hear the actual band members a lot ! I'm right there singing too, and believe me no one would want to hear that ! All shows that I've been to, including other bands, are never like listening to the record . Keeping that in mind, I am rather hesitant to shell out big bucks for any show. I would definitely walk across any street for a free one though ! I miss Richie's voice tremendously, his harmonies, his back up is phenomenal. He can cover for Jon anytime and the fans don't notice it because that voice has always been there.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#8 Aug 12, 2013
I voted to get a refund. There is no Bon Jovi without Richie (for me). The music might sound the same and Jon will do his part as usual, but after so many years of enjoying Richie's playing and interaction with Jon, the whole experience would be different.
lisa

Jamaica Plain, MA

#9 Aug 12, 2013
Nicky wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. I went to Gillette and it was okay, but I then decided to give up my ticket for NJ. Static setlists and no Richie was more than I was willing to overlook for another stadium show. I do not regret my decision in the least.
It's all different perspective. We were up in the 3rd tier seats.$30 for the ticket,$40 to park (side note: Really Mr. Kraft?). For what I paid I feel I got a great show. I suppose if I had shelled out big bucks I might feel differently. Where were you sitting?
Nicky

Providence, RI

#10 Aug 12, 2013
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all different perspective. We were up in the 3rd tier seats.$30 for the ticket,$40 to park (side note: Really Mr. Kraft?). For what I paid I feel I got a great show. I suppose if I had shelled out big bucks I might feel differently. Where were you sitting?
In the pit. If I had 30 or 40 dollar tickets, I wouldn't have even gone. Again, setlists being what they are plus no Richie makes for a boring show for me. Ive seen jbj rip off his shirt plenty of times, which was just about the only "surprise " at this show.

Since: Sep 10

Cambridge, Canada

#11 Aug 12, 2013
I would not want a refund. I bought a ticket knowing Richie may not be there (the best seat I've ever had for a show). I may also buy another one.
I haven't been to a show without Richie but I have watched many videos of the shows with Phil. He seems to be doing a great job IMO. If Richie shows up in November...great. If he doesn't ...I'm not worried at all about being disappointed :)
pebeamann

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Aug 12, 2013
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow ! No such ticket price down here ! The highest nosebleed section ticket here is 50-60 plus taxes, then the 35 for the parking ! When I went this year my ticket was a present from my son for Christmas. Best seats I ever had, highest row of 2nd tier, what would be the equivalent of the 35 yard line, and the band was still a "speck" ! Needed binoculars to see them. Tickets were close to 150 each !
SeniorAquarian

Bristow, VA

#13 Aug 12, 2013
the radio poll was in jersey. Richie is from Jersey of course the result as expected in in favor of Richie. Let's say do a worldwide poll.. just like this site.. outcome is different. I like Richie but I will not return my ticket. I will still go to BJ concert because I know I will still enjoy it and it's not my 200 show yet.
Cheri

Providence, RI

#14 Aug 12, 2013
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I had friends who went Lisa and said the exact same thing as you. They really enjoyed the evening. If they didn't refund me, I would have gone (Tickets were so expensive! Why let them go to waste??) BUT I honestly wanted to go for one reason...to see my Man. My heart would not have been in it.

I do have to say, it was hot as HE** that night - so I was relieved that I didn't have to sweat with 60 thousand fans...LOL... but I was happy to see that the rain held out for all you guys that went! And...my goodness... fans could have purchased cheap ticket in that pit last minute!! What an opportunity for many fans!!!

I am curious to see what September brings....will he return!?! I sure do hope so for all the fans holding tickets wishing for the very same thing!!!

Toronto, Canada

#15 Aug 14, 2013
Too bad the poll results don't really reflect anything as you can vote again every time you visit the forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Direct TV Commercial 2 hr LA Fan 8
News Jony Ive received an honorary degree from the U... 19 hr kelly 2
Bon Jovi and Family Members (Jun '11) Jun 23 superdupergurl 92
Jons Conan interview? Jun 22 Chris1980 2
Jon's hair stylist (Oct '07) Jun 12 Micki Bayne 69
News Watch: Hillary Clinton speaks in Newark Jun 2 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 9
100,000,000 Fans Box Set Jun 2 VABonJoviFan 1
More from around the web