Least favourite Bon Jovi album?

Least favourite Bon Jovi album?

Posted in the Bon Jovi Forum

Debb

Sydney, Australia

#1 Apr 13, 2012
Is there a BJ album that you really just don't like? I would have to say The Circle, I just haven't been able to get into it.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 13, 2012
Debb wrote:
Is there a BJ album that you really just don't like? I would have to say The Circle, I just haven't been able to get into it.
I really didn't like This Left Feels Right. Even Jon admitted that one didn't go over very well.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 13, 2012
Lost Highway - I hate country music.

Since: Jan 09

Audubon, Pennsylvania

#4 Apr 13, 2012
reeder wrote:
<quoted text>
I really didn't like This Left Feels Right. Even Jon admitted that one didn't go over very well.
That one gets my vote for least favorite, too.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 13, 2012
blue eyed angel wrote:
<quoted text>That one gets my vote for least favorite, too.

I usually like whatever the guys do but slowing down all the classics was just different and wrong!!
Buzzed

Neepawa, Canada

#6 Apr 13, 2012
Debb wrote:
There really isn't a Bon Jovi album I don't like but if I had to pick a least favorite I guess it'd be their first. An easier question for me would be what's my favorite which is These Days, no hesitation.

And I have to admit, I actually like TLFR.
Jenyfyr

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#7 Apr 13, 2012
I hate country music and had low expectations for Lost Highway, but it's actually become one of my favourites! As for least favourite...probably 7800 Fahrenheit. I love some of the songs, but it has a higher dislike:like ratio than all their other albums.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Apr 13, 2012
Jenyfyr wrote:
I hate country music and had low expectations for Lost Highway, but it's actually become one of my favourites! As for least favourite...probably 7800 Fahrenheit. I love some of the songs, but it has a higher dislike:like ratio than all their other albums.
When I hear the songs played live I do like them. I just don't like the sound of them on the CD. Live they are a lot less country sounding.

It's just personal taste. I grew up in the north of England and country music just was not on the radar. Now I live in Australia country music is a lot more prevalent but I still hate it (and hate is a very mild way of describing how I feel about it).

I'd second what was said above though. There's not one record of the band that I dislike, it's just that Lost Highway is my least favourite.

Since: Feb 07

Canada

#9 Apr 17, 2012
Nope..I don't have a favourite or least favourite album as all of them have some songs I like more than others, but there are only a couple of BJ songs I don't like enough to not listen to them.
Anonymous

Rochdale, UK

#10 Apr 17, 2012
For me, I have a strong affection for the earlier records, and am fiercely loyal, however there are certain tracks on most of their albums that I just don't like. For example, Love Lies, the last few on 7800 degrees, some of the JBJ solo stuff, and some tracks of the albums post 2000! Most of their live set I could live without due to sheer familiarity and love when they play the real 'heart and soul of what Bon Jovi means to me' stuff live. Tracks like These Days, actually all of the These Days record, and I love when they play the older stuff, but only when Jon is happy to do so. I really thought on early indication the Circle tour would hit alot of the older tracks and they did to a certain degree, but I would have loved to hear In and out of love, without love, silent night, tokyo road, wild in the streets, much of New Jersey and/or These Days, and a hat full of others make it out into the set. I'd also love to hear them play a fans favourite live edge of a broken heart but that will never happen now, I gave up on that one about 20 years ago! I agree the country stuff songs do sound better live but hats off to them for the creative journey they took, same with TLFR, as it all adds to the material and back catalogue. As a long standing fan, I'm unsure where the future takes Bon Jovi lyrically, I would certainly like a more raw feeling record, akin to RS solo material, more electric blues and rip my heart out lyrics, like in I want you, In these arms or edge of ...failing that, I won't buy another over produced set of 12 3.5 minute songs about being optimistic, instead I'll put on my headphones and head back to my vinyl collection of Bon Jovi albums and pretend it's still 1993! Peace x
dream87

Mainz, Germany

#11 Apr 18, 2012
SuperSimon7 wrote:
For me, I have a strong affection for the earlier records, and am fiercely loyal, however there are certain tracks on most of their albums that I just don't like. For example, Love Lies, the last few on 7800 degrees, some of the JBJ solo stuff, and some tracks of the albums post 2000! Most of their live set I could live without due to sheer familiarity and love when they play the real 'heart and soul of what Bon Jovi means to me' stuff live. Tracks like These Days, actually all of the These Days record, and I love when they play the older stuff, but only when Jon is happy to do so. I really thought on early indication the Circle tour would hit alot of the older tracks and they did to a certain degree, but I would have loved to hear In and out of love, without love, silent night, tokyo road, wild in the streets, much of New Jersey and/or These Days, and a hat full of others make it out into the set. I'd also love to hear them play a fans favourite live edge of a broken heart but that will never happen now, I gave up on that one about 20 years ago! I agree the country stuff songs do sound better live but hats off to them for the creative journey they took, same with TLFR, as it all adds to the material and back catalogue. As a long standing fan, I'm unsure where the future takes Bon Jovi lyrically, I would certainly like a more raw feeling record, akin to RS solo material, more electric blues and rip my heart out lyrics, like in I want you, In these arms or edge of ...failing that, I won't buy another over produced set of 12 3.5 minute songs about being optimistic, instead I'll put on my headphones and head back to my vinyl collection of Bon Jovi albums and pretend it's still 1993! Peace x
I agree with everything you said.
Callie

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#12 Apr 18, 2012
reeder wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, I like those songs turned up loud and played fast!

Since: Jul 11

Loganlea, Australia

#13 Apr 19, 2012
I dont like an Album less than the others but i do enjoy Bounce but it never got the coverage i feel as much as some of the others over years.In the Q&A,s in Australia in 2010 Jon said how he liked Bounce @ Concerts you hardly ever here anything played of it maybe Everyday or Joey.
Stella

Corfu, Greece

#14 Apr 19, 2012
Lost Highway has to be my least favourite too.Have a nice day is another one i'm not really into...Not that they are bad albums just my personal taste :)
marcel K

Netherlands

#15 Apr 20, 2012
I love and hate songs on each and every album. I love some of the versions on TLFR and hate Learn to love. It also depends on my mood.
chels

Toowoomba, Australia

#16 Apr 21, 2012
i have to say TLFR is my least favourite as for all the other albums they are freaking awesome
Beryl

Strathfield, Australia

#17 Apr 21, 2012
LH! I can't stand it.
Anonymous

Aldenhoven, Germany

#18 May 2, 2013
TLFR and the first 4 - itīs not my style!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jon and jennifer aniston (May '08) Sep 13 clouwee 69
Does Jon have a bodyguard? (Jan '10) Sep 5 Human1731 26
News Concert review | Bon Jovi: Band pays tribute to... (Mar '17) Aug '17 PrinterBench Tech 3
Jon and Richie crying (Nov '08) Aug '17 Dee 16
Bon Jovi Fan Fiction (Apr '08) Aug '17 BJ Fan 1,572
Where to get the Sleeveless T-shirts that JBJ w... Aug '17 Susan 5
News Spurred by PETA, Jon Bon Jovi will sell vegan c... Aug '17 BJ Fan 1
More from around the web