Jons interview - eyewitness news

Jons interview - eyewitness news

Posted in the Bon Jovi Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Mannheim, Germany

#1 Dec 20, 2013
Jon in Australia for his 2013 'Because We Can' tour chats with TEN about his career as a rock star and hints at retirement

See more at tennews.com .au

jbjfan

Glastonbury, CT

#2 Dec 20, 2013
Thank you posting the link. Nice interview.
Jonnysgirl

Puyallup, WA

#3 Dec 20, 2013
joviheidi wrote:
Jon in Australia for his 2013 'Because We Can' tour chats with TEN about his career as a rock star and hints at retirement
See more at tennews.com .au
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8m67C2DEqfMXX
WOW! Jon's last words were "I'm on the other side of the world
and upside down."

It is so obvious, in this interview, that this Tour has been like the weight of the world
has been on his shoulders, and then some.

His facial expressions are so tight and he keeps "washing" his hands
as he talks.(extremely tense)

I can't even imagine the enormity of stress that this Tour, with all it's problems,
has been like for Jon, who is responsible for 400 people who have traveled with
him around the world, for a year now, and the millions of fans he has to perform for
regardless of how he feels.

His comment about Richie was interesting, "the afternoon
at 3:30, before that night's show, I get a call that Richie won't be there,
that he wants to stay home;
and it wasn't even him that called."

I'm so glad for him that this Tour is finally over.
I pray that he gets a well deserved rest and peace of mind.
I so respect him for following through on his commitment to everybody,
Crew,staff and fans.
He truly is Superman.

"There's something about you .....(Jon)
I wanna rescue .......
I don't even know you, so what does that mean?"

Judged:

13

12

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
jbjpeaches

United States

#4 Dec 20, 2013
Jonnysgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Jon's last words were "I'm on the other side of the world
and upside down."
It is so obvious, in this interview, that this Tour has been like the weight of the world
has been on his shoulders, and then some.
His facial expressions are so tight and he keeps "washing" his hands
as he talks.(extremely tense)
I can't even imagine the enormity of stress that this Tour, with all it's problems,
has been like for Jon, who is responsible for 400 people who have traveled with
him around the world, for a year now, and the millions of fans he has to perform for
regardless of how he feels.
His comment about Richie was interesting, "the afternoon
at 3:30, before that night's show, I get a call that Richie won't be there,
that he wants to stay home;
and it wasn't even him that called."
I'm so glad for him that this Tour is finally over.
I pray that he gets a well deserved rest and peace of mind.
I so respect him for following through on his commitment to everybody,
Crew,staff and fans.
He truly is Superman.
"There's something about you .....(Jon)
I wanna rescue .......
I don't even know you, so what does that mean?"
Well said ....

Judged:

11

10

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Both sides

Melbourne, Australia

#5 Dec 20, 2013
Jonnysgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Jon's last words were "I'm on the other side of the world
and upside down."
It is so obvious, in this interview, that this Tour has been like the weight of the world
has been on his shoulders, and then some.
His facial expressions are so tight and he keeps "washing" his hands
as he talks.(extremely tense)
I can't even imagine the enormity of stress that this Tour, with all it's problems,
has been like for Jon, who is responsible for 400 people who have traveled with
him around the world, for a year now, and the millions of fans he has to perform for
regardless of how he feels.
His comment about Richie was interesting, "the afternoon
at 3:30, before that night's show, I get a call that Richie won't be there,
that he wants to stay home;
and it wasn't even him that called."
I'm so glad for him that this Tour is finally over.
I pray that he gets a well deserved rest and peace of mind.
I so respect him for following through on his commitment to everybody,
Crew,staff and fans.
He truly is Superman.
"There's something about you .....(Jon)
I wanna rescue .......
I don't even know you, so what does that mean?"
Yup well said. You could tell he was very appreciate of the true fans who have supported them through this tour, but you could also tell he was ready for it to be over. His words that stuck with me is that "it's been a hard year, but a GOOD year" and it has been a very successful year for them despite what they have been through.
Well done Jon, David, Tico and Phil and the others for beating the odds. They have truley deserved the good that has come with the bad. Now they can go home, smile and rest!

Judged:

14

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 07

Caledon, Canada

#6 Dec 21, 2013
Jonnysgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Jon's last words were "I'm on the other side of the world
and upside down."
It is so obvious, in this interview, that this Tour has been like the weight of the world
has been on his shoulders, and then some.
His facial expressions are so tight and he keeps "washing" his hands
as he talks.(extremely tense)
I can't even imagine the enormity of stress that this Tour, with all it's problems,
has been like for Jon, who is responsible for 400 people who have traveled with
him around the world, for a year now, and the millions of fans he has to perform for
regardless of how he feels.

His comment about Richie was interesting, "the afternoon
at 3:30, before that night's show, I get a call that Richie won't be there,
that he wants to stay home;
and it wasn't even him that called."

I'm so glad for him that this Tour is finally over.
I pray that he gets a well deserved rest and peace of mind.
I so respect him for following through on his commitment to everybody,
Crew,staff and fans.
He truly is Superman.
"There's something about you .....(Jon)
I wanna rescue .......
I don't even know you, so what does that mean?"
jbjpeaches wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said ....
In TOTAL agreement!!!

I'm still waiting to hear from RS the reason why he waited until three hours before the doors to let everyone know he wasn't going to be there that night when he knew at least three hours before that he would not be there.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#7 Dec 21, 2013
mgemay wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
In TOTAL agreement!!!
I'm still waiting to hear from RS the reason why he waited until three hours before the doors to let everyone know he wasn't going to be there that night when he knew at least three hours before that he would not be there.
when he writes a personal letter giving his reasons & APOLOGY be sure to tell us all...
LA Fan

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#8 Dec 21, 2013
I might be in the minority here but I don't feel its my business to know why Richie called 3 hours before the show or decided not to tour with the band. It was his decision and in the end it all worked out. I was happy I got to go to two shows and enjoy the night with my friends. There would have been more angry fans if the entire tour would have been cancelled.

Since: Sep 10

Cambridge, Canada

#9 Dec 21, 2013
Thanks for posting interview:). Shows how professional he is.....and they still managed to pull off a successful tour with obstacles thrown at them!! So happy I got to see 4 of them.

Since: Jun 13

Greenville, SC

#10 Dec 21, 2013
mgemay wrote:
I'm still waiting to hear from RS the reason why he waited until three hours before the doors to let everyone know he wasn't going to be there that night when he knew at least three hours before that he would not be there.
Yeah, me too. I suspect there's a lot more to it than, "Damn! It's such a nice day, I think I'll just lay outta work for the next 8 or 9 months." I wonder what the real story is.
I'm also waiting for Jon to make up his mind how he wants to spin HIS side of the story. First, he was completely caught off guard when Richie called at 3:30 on show day to tell him he wasn't going to show up. Next, Richie had apparently been so unreliable in the past that Jon wasn't even surprised when he heard that his guitarist wasn't going to be there - to the extent that Paul didn't even have to finish the sentence. Now, poor Jon, he's had to deal with so much and his best friend couldn't even be bothered - or didn't have the balls - to call himself to tell him he wasn't going to show up.
Jon really seems to be having some difficulty deciding if he'll come across better as The Long-Suffering Yet Understanding Friend, The Tight-Lipped Professional, The Overworked Exhausted CEO, The Sympathetic But Practical Employer, or The Betrayed Blood Brother Who Didn't Even Get a Lousy Phone Call.
He probably would be better off just going back to "It's Richie's story. You'll have to ask him." Because in the last three interviews, his obvious attempts to garner sympathy while casting himself in the most flattering light make him come across to me as A Used Car Salesman Whose Lips Are Moving.
(No offense to used car salesmen/women.):)

Since: Jan 09

Montreal, Canada

#11 Dec 21, 2013
Nice interview
Thank's
Maggie

Longueuil, Canada

#12 Dec 21, 2013
JackieBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, me too. I suspect there's a lot more to it than, "Damn! It's such a nice day, I think I'll just lay outta work for the next 8 or 9 months." I wonder what the real story is.
I'm also waiting for Jon to make up his mind how he wants to spin HIS side of the story. First, he was completely caught off guard when Richie called at 3:30 on show day to tell him he wasn't going to show up. Next, Richie had apparently been so unreliable in the past that Jon wasn't even surprised when he heard that his guitarist wasn't going to be there - to the extent that Paul didn't even have to finish the sentence. Now, poor Jon, he's had to deal with so much and his best friend couldn't even be bothered - or didn't have the balls - to call himself to tell him he wasn't going to show up.
Jon really seems to be having some difficulty deciding if he'll come across better as The Long-Suffering Yet Understanding Friend, The Tight-Lipped Professional, The Overworked Exhausted CEO, The Sympathetic But Practical Employer, or The Betrayed Blood Brother Who Didn't Even Get a Lousy Phone Call.
He probably would be better off just going back to "It's Richie's story. You'll have to ask him." Because in the last three interviews, his obvious attempts to garner sympathy while casting himself in the most flattering light make him come across to me as A Used Car Salesman Whose Lips Are Moving.
(No offense to used car salesmen/women.):)
The impression that I have from reading your post, is that no matter what JBJ says on the subject... you will disagree with him.

As for Jon's varying reactions... perhaps all of them are true... depending on how he is feeling at the particular moment when he is asked about Richie. It is very possible for someone to have a number of different feelings about a situation. Especially one which involves work, friendship and being a boss who is responsible for a whole whack of employees that you want to keep employed.

Anyways... bottom line is that the tour kept on going and the vast majority of the fans who attended the concerts had a great time at the concerts... and the people who work on the tour whose livelihoods depended on the tour were able to continue working.

I would like Richie to clearly address the issue of how his decision to not show up to work could have negatively affected the livelihood of all the backstage staff, roadies, etc., etc.
Both sides

Preston, Australia

#13 Dec 21, 2013
JackieBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, me too. I suspect there's a lot more to it than, "Damn! It's such a nice day, I think I'll just lay outta work for the next 8 or 9 months." I wonder what the real story is.
I'm also waiting for Jon to make up his mind how he wants to spin HIS side of the story. First, he was completely caught off guard when Richie called at 3:30 on show day to tell him he wasn't going to show up. Next, Richie had apparently been so unreliable in the past that Jon wasn't even surprised when he heard that his guitarist wasn't going to be there - to the extent that Paul didn't even have to finish the sentence. Now, poor Jon, he's had to deal with so much and his best friend couldn't even be bothered - or didn't have the balls - to call himself to tell him he wasn't going to show up.
Jon really seems to be having some difficulty deciding if he'll come across better as The Long-Suffering Yet Understanding Friend, The Tight-Lipped Professional, The Overworked Exhausted CEO, The Sympathetic But Practical Employer, or The Betrayed Blood Brother Who Didn't Even Get a Lousy Phone Call.
He probably would be better off just going back to "It's Richie's story. You'll have to ask him." Because in the last three interviews, his obvious attempts to garner sympathy while casting himself in the most flattering light make him come across to me as A Used Car Salesman Whose Lips Are Moving.
(No offense to used car salesmen/women.):)
Jon has been consistent all along with what he has said. It's how people have twisted it that hasn't been.
Richie on the other hand has been nothing but inconsistent. He want back in, he doesn't blah blah blah.
One thing I know for sure if he does want back in with the fans he has a lot of work to do because the shows went on without him and I hope he sees that. I think his ego at this point will stop him from seeing anything but the few blind and deaf supporters he has left.

Anyway back to the topic....well done to the band on this amazing tour and here's to many more, hopefully with Phil X!
Jonnysgirl

Pullman, WA

#14 Dec 22, 2013
JackieBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, me too. I suspect there's a lot more to it than, "Damn! It's such a nice day, I think I'll just lay outta work for the next 8 or 9 months." I wonder what the real story is.
I'm also waiting for Jon to make up his mind how he wants to spin HIS side of the story. First, he was completely caught off guard when Richie called at 3:30 on show day to tell him he wasn't going to show up. Next, Richie had apparently been so unreliable in the past that Jon wasn't even surprised when he heard that his guitarist wasn't going to be there - to the extent that Paul didn't even have to finish the sentence. Now, poor Jon, he's had to deal with so much and his best friend couldn't even be bothered - or didn't have the balls - to call himself to tell him he wasn't going to show up.
Jon really seems to be having some difficulty deciding if he'll come across better as The Long-Suffering Yet Understanding Friend, The Tight-Lipped Professional, The Overworked Exhausted CEO, The Sympathetic But Practical Employer, or The Betrayed Blood Brother Who Didn't Even Get a Lousy Phone Call.
He probably would be better off just going back to "It's Richie's story. You'll have to ask him." Because in the last three interviews, his obvious attempts to garner sympathy while casting himself in the most flattering light make him come across to me as A Used Car Salesman Whose Lips Are Moving.
(No offense to used car salesmen/women.):)
Yes, You are right about that.
How Jon reacts and what he might say to all of this is a very touchy subject
and a very Slippery Slope.
It sounds to me that "legal implications" could play a part in what he says to the
Public, as he mentioned something about that in the beginning.
So he's staying tight lipped, watching what he says, and not taking a chance
(Not literally) on a bomb going off if he says the wrong thing.
Looks to me like his hands are tied, plus he's not one to want a public feud,
That would tarnish Bon Jovi's impeccable reputation.
Jonnysgirl

Pullman, WA

#15 Dec 22, 2013
Richie's constant comment about this situation sums up to say:

" I've been in a Rock and Roll Band for 30 years".

"The life style of being in a Rock and Roll Band that long
has had it's consequences " (as if he stayed stuck as a 19 year old boy,
and has acted out like a 19 yr. old, who never grew up like the rest of the
guys.)
They have ALL been in the same boat.

"Being in the Bon Jovi band has been 24/7 for 30 years.
"I never got to see my kid"

So hey, if you want to quit, then quit.
But give a written notice and plenty of time for Jon to find a replacement,
Like a responsible GROWN UP.
You don't just pick up your marbles and go home on a show night
across the world, putting Jon in a horrible and appalling
Predicament.

Jobs aren't always suppose to be fun and easy. That's why they call it WORK.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#16 Dec 22, 2013
Jonnysgirl wrote:
Richie's constant comment about this situation sums up to say:
" I've been in a Rock and Roll Band for 30 years".
"The life style of being in a Rock and Roll Band that long
has had it's consequences " (as if he stayed stuck as a 19 year old boy,
and has acted out like a 19 yr. old, who never grew up like the rest of the
guys.)
They have ALL been in the same boat.
"Being in the Bon Jovi band has been 24/7 for 30 years.
"I never got to see my kid"
So hey, if you want to quit, then quit.
But give a written notice and plenty of time for Jon to find a replacement,
Like a responsible GROWN UP.
You don't just pick up your marbles and go home on a show night
across the world, putting Jon in a horrible and appalling
Predicament.
Jobs aren't always suppose to be fun and easy. That's why they call it WORK.
Richies working plenty..... he only quit the touring..
Jonny

Germany

#17 Dec 22, 2013
I hope Richie not just quits the ttour but Bon Jovi. Richie left the band and we have Phil X, we do not need a ass like Richie.
Alison

Warwick, RI

#18 Dec 22, 2013
Both sides wrote:
<quoted text>
Jon has been consistent all along with what he has said. It's how people have twisted it that hasn't been.
Richie on the other hand has been nothing but inconsistent. He want back in, he doesn't blah blah blah.
One thing I know for sure if he does want back in with the fans he has a lot of work to do because the shows went on without him and I hope he sees that. I think his ego at this point will stop him from seeing anything but the few blind and deaf supporters he has left.
Anyway back to the topic....well done to the band on this amazing tour and here's to many more, hopefully with Phil X!
If they are going to tour with Phil, Jon sure as hell better lower ticket prices
LAlulu

Los Altos, CA

#19 Dec 22, 2013
This article says his mom had recently broken her hip.
http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/December/20R...
Both sides

Saint Leonards, Australia

#20 Dec 22, 2013
Alison wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are going to tour with Phil, Jon sure as hell better lower ticket prices
Why would they need to do that? Thousands of fans paid thousands of dollars knowing Richie wasn't going to be there. No reason why they won't do that again. Time for people to move on with the whole Richie thing now. It's boring. The band have shown they don't need him. He seems to have moved on. Hopefully he does a solo tour so the Richie fanatics can have something of value to talk about.
Will be interesting to see if he can do the same thing that band has done without him on his own.
Doubtful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Runaway Tours needs to clean house! (May '12) 11 hr AFG 8
News Ephrata woman arranges meeting with Bon Jovi fo... Jul 21 kelly 2
Direct TV Commercial Jul 7 JonfanNJ 11
Gold Circle..what to expect (Nov '07) Jul 5 bigduff 23
Bon Jovi and Family Members (Jun '11) Jun 29 rosa3 93
News Jony Ive received an honorary degree from the U... Jun 26 kelly 2
Jons Conan interview? Jun '16 Chris1980 2
More from around the web