Hard to watch
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#21 May 26, 2013
kris wrote:
<quoted text>Actually this is a perfect example of what I was talking about the music drowning him out. I can barely here him.
Wow, I can hear him fine. Are you using headphones?
WeWantSamboraBac k

Winnipeg, Canada

#22 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot easier to judge his voice (and that IS what I was commenting on) from a good quality soundboard live feed than being there live and having the crowd noise and the poor sound that you get in a large stadium. Of course the magic of the live setting isn't going to be there in a webcast.(but I'm not talking about that)
Here's the webcast....
https://www.youtube.com/watch... #
Now, in Jon's defense, his voice did start to sound better after a few songs in.
I obviously missed the first few songs when I clicked it on because, you're right that his voice did crack during BTBMB. He seems winded at the beginning. I would give the guy a break though on that....that schedule must be grueling for any singer.
I just want Richie back with the band where he belongs!
They are bursting my bubble with this. I just thought they were a band that was past this kind of crap....IF what we've been hearing has any truth to it. I think they are making a big mistake if it is true.:(
kris

Warwick, NY

#23 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I can hear him fine. Are you using headphones?
yep, and I hear the instruments much louder then his voice maybe its my computer. hopefully someone will give me some feed back as to how they are hearing voice vs. instruments.. there are times when he sounds like he is trying to compete with the music. eihter way he aint 21 anymore heck he aint even 41 anymore and there are going to be off days etc. the crowd looks happy and they are still showing up.
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#24 May 26, 2013
WeWantSamboraBack wrote:
<quoted text>
I obviously missed the first few songs when I clicked it on because, you're right that his voice did crack during BTBMB. He seems winded at the beginning. I would give the guy a break though on that....that schedule must be grueling for any singer.
I just want Richie back with the band where he belongs!
They are bursting my bubble with this. I just thought they were a band that was past this kind of crap....IF what we've been hearing has any truth to it. I think they are making a big mistake if it is true.:(
I know.....WTF? How many times did we hear them say in interviews that the band was beyond the point of breaking up and how they were all friends who respected and supported each other? Over and over and over we've heard them say that.:(
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#25 May 26, 2013
kris wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, and I hear the instruments much louder then his voice maybe its my computer. hopefully someone will give me some feed back as to how they are hearing voice vs. instruments.. there are times when he sounds like he is trying to compete with the music. eihter way he aint 21 anymore heck he aint even 41 anymore and there are going to be off days etc. the crowd looks happy and they are still showing up.
Yeah, it looks like a good crowd.(well, except that one guy that looks like he's pissed Richie isn't there, or maybe the wife dragged him to the show)

I'm Jon's biggest fan and his worst critic when it comes to his voice. I have almost 700 live bootlegs of this band (that I listen to often) so I feel I know a good Jon vocal from a bad one and right now I think he's struggling a bit for whatever reason. Yeah, he's not a young man anymore but I don't think it's an age thing, he sounded quite good in 2011, I think he's just going through something right now.(and hopefully it will pass)
WeWantSamboraBac k

Winnipeg, Canada

#26 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.....WTF? How many times did we hear them say in interviews that the band was beyond the point of breaking up and how they were all friends who respected and supported each other? Over and over and over we've heard them say that.:(
Yeah I guess that's why it's bothering us beyond the point that we love them. lol.

Jon's relationship with Bon Jovi's Richie Sambora,Tico Torres and David Bryan is also rock solid.
"We're past the point of breaking up," he says.

Here's the link to the quote...
http://www.sundayworld.com/entertainment/musi...
WeWantSamboraBac k

Winnipeg, Canada

#27 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it looks like a good crowd.(well, except that one guy that looks like he's pissed Richie isn't there, or maybe the wife dragged him to the show)
I'm Jon's biggest fan and his worst critic when it comes to his voice. I have almost 700 live bootlegs of this band (that I listen to often) so I feel I know a good Jon vocal from a bad one and right now I think he's struggling a bit for whatever reason. Yeah, he's not a young man anymore but I don't think it's an age thing, he sounded quite good in 2011, I think he's just going through something right now.(and hopefully it will pass)
Well I like to think I'm his biggest fan :P
J/K...obviously he's got a lot of "biggest fans". lol
Wonder if he's still smoking....that could be a factor along with the allergies.
rundem

Sudbury, Canada

#28 May 26, 2013
WeWantSamboraBack wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I like to think I'm his biggest fan :P
J/K...obviously he's got a lot of "biggest fans". lol
Wonder if he's still smoking....that could be a factor along with the allergies.
He quit smoking before the Circle Tour. His voice does really sound fine to me.It must be difficult to sing for almost 3 hours and he has been carrying it all himself.

Since: Oct 12

Los Angeles, CA

#29 May 26, 2013
I thought Jon quit smoking before the last tour. Has someone seen him smoke recently?
Isa

Saint-sébastien, Canada

#30 May 26, 2013
Jon has KNOWN for YEARS that he has allergies and when they occur. You start anti-histamines a month before allergy season, and of course, throughout (sp) and you don't have symptoms. There are a few that DON'T cause either drowsiness nor sleepiness, mainly Reactine (Zyrtec in the US), Claritin, Aerius and Allegra. He wouldn't be so sick were he to take them.
jovisurf

Key Largo, FL

#31 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot easier to judge his voice (and that IS what I was commenting on) from a good quality soundboard live feed than being there live and having the crowd noise and the poor sound that you get in a large stadium. Of course the magic of the live setting isn't going to be there in a webcast.(but I'm not talking about that)
Here's the webcast....
https://www.youtube.com/watch... #
Now, in Jon's defense, his voice did start to sound better after a few songs in.
Thank you so much for posting.
WeWantSamboraBac k

Winnipeg, Canada

#32 May 26, 2013
Isa wrote:
Jon has KNOWN for YEARS that he has allergies and when they occur. You start anti-histamines a month before allergy season, and of course, throughout (sp) and you don't have symptoms. There are a few that DON'T cause either drowsiness nor sleepiness, mainly Reactine (Zyrtec in the US), Claritin, Aerius and Allegra. He wouldn't be so sick were he to take them.
Well he says he that it was allergies so are you saying he's lying?

http://youtu.be/RXJ8eOdMIAk
WeWantSamboraBac k

Winnipeg, Canada

#33 May 26, 2013
sorry for the typo! That should say *here not 'he'.
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#34 May 26, 2013
Isa wrote:
Jon has KNOWN for YEARS that he has allergies and when they occur. You start anti-histamines a month before allergy season, and of course, throughout (sp) and you don't have symptoms. There are a few that DON'T cause either drowsiness nor sleepiness, mainly Reactine (Zyrtec in the US), Claritin, Aerius and Allegra. He wouldn't be so sick were he to take them.
But the problems with antihistamines is they can dry you out and what do you think that would do to his voice? It could be he was taking them and that messed him up too.
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#35 May 26, 2013
jovisurf wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you so much for posting.
You're welcome. Half an hour is better than nothing right? ;)

Since: Jan 09

Montreal, Canada

#36 May 26, 2013
I also have allergies and my anti-histamine can altered theme but not remove it completely. Sometimes it can be hard even with these my anti-histamine. But who know...
bjhook

Terrebonne, Canada

#37 May 26, 2013
it was a very windy night duh I cant believe people are always complaining like this geez
Deb

Mosman, Australia

#38 May 27, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
I give the guy credit too, he shows up and gives it his all. But I sure can't say he sounded "great" during that webcast today. His voice even cracked at one point, even on a song that is not vocally challenging. I was over on the DC board while watching it and the general consensus there regarding the condition of his voice was not favorable at all.
Lol, had to laugh at this cause I've never read them say anything kind about Jon or his voice (ok, rarely) on DC. Unless your bagging Jon and fawning over the "axe man" your not considered cool over there. Btw I read there, not post. X
Cate

Newark, UK

#39 May 27, 2013
I wasn't talking about his allergy issues
Candy Cane

Cumming, GA

#40 May 27, 2013
Wow thanks for that YouTube Link!!!!!!!!! I now know why the police don't like "eye" witnesses. Because everyone sees things differently. And in this case it is "ear" witnesses. I only noticed that at one point in BTBMB Jon seemed to need a breath in the song where a breath wasn't supposed to have been taken. This could be due to the allergies/medication. I have allergies and take medication and sometimes my voice doesn't even sound normal talking! I'm no singer so I can't even imagine what it must be like to try to sing while jumping up and down. And I noticed that at the end of that song Jon grabbed a quick drink so maybe his mouth was dried out?

Jon sounded great to me otherwise and I had no trouble hearing his voice over the band's playing. Some things I will mention and I hope I don't get anyone upset, but Jon does seem to be acknowledging Phil a little bit now. And Phil will walk more out front on the stage now. The first video's I saw when Phil came on the tour it was like he was hiding in the corner and Jon would pay no attention to him at all! Like maybe if he did it would seem to be disloyal to Richie.(I hate to say this, but the situation is reminding me more and more of the Alec situation.) And Phil is getting better with that "talk box"! At first it was painful to hear him try to use it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bon Jovi and Family Members (Jun '11) Feb 19 Sicilian Mom 95
News Wanted: Red or a White? Get ready for Bon Jovi ... Jan 25 BJ Fan 1
News Howard Stern to Induct Bon Jovi Into Rock Hall ... Jan '18 BJ Fan 1
News Bon Jovi dishes on Bills bid, Trump's 'evil gen... Jan '18 BJ Fan 1
The Bongiovi family (Jun '06) Jan '18 collinskerstin 3 591
News Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Fall Out Boy Perform... Jan '18 BJ Fan 1
Ally Sheedy talks about Richie (Jul '13) Jan '18 Mrkoolio 22
More from around the web