First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Cate

Neath, UK

#1 May 26, 2013
The latest gigs posted on youtube are hard to watch, Jon seems to be acting and finding it hard work. I know he always put on a show but it came naturally to him and he always looked comfortable on stage now he's just going through the motions, not easy to see. Without the chemistry between Richie and Jon its all gone flat. It'll only get harder for Jon as the tour progresses as the fans are going to start letting him know how they feel, we didn't buy tickets to see this, it's very sad
Jovi-Girl

Australia

#2 May 26, 2013
That's such ashame lets hope in the 2 weeks break there might be a little progress with the situation.
galer

Washington, DC

#3 May 26, 2013
Cate, I honestly think it's his allergies. He goes thru this every year. If you watch last weeks, he had David sing a song because he feels so crappy!
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 May 26, 2013
He seems to be struggling physically right now. (maybe mentally also, it'd be no wonder with everything that's been going on) His voice sounds very rough, it even seems he's having problems breathing at times.
rundem

Keewatin, Canada

#5 May 26, 2013
Well to all of these I saw them in Toronto (and that one was with Richie) and his voice was superb. I love that new song, Amen.
I have watched some Youtube videos, following the tour and wanting to see how Phil is doing (great as always) and I see no issues with Jon struggling. I think allergies were affecting him that one night. I think he is frustrated with the media drama but he does not bring that onstage.Jon may be a lot of things but he always gives 100% to the audience.
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 May 26, 2013
His voice was good for the North American run but he's definitely been having issues in Europe, especially on the more vocally challenging songs.(and it has not been at just that one show) This clip of Hey God from Bergen is hard to watch.

He's having a lot of problems singing Always now too.
Carina

Lisbon, Portugal

#7 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
His voice was good for the North American run but he's definitely been having issues in Europe, especially on the more vocally challenging songs.(and it has not been at just that one show) This clip of Hey God from Bergen is hard to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VU34pUa8FIYXX
He's having a lot of problems singing Always now too.
Very hard to watch...thatīs what i said, heīs sick, loosing his voice an the show is loosing its magic :(
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 May 26, 2013
I just finished watching the 30 minute live stream from today's Finland show and Jon was even struggling with the easy songs. :( His energy is good but his voice is shot. I feel bad for the guy.
WeWantSamboraBac k

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 May 26, 2013
Just watched Jon on the live feed in Finland and his voice sounds okay there. Still not the same without Richie there though.
:(
Missing their harmonies and his guitar playing...no offense to Phil, because he is good, but it's just not the Bon Jovi sound we all love. IMO

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#10 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
I just finished watching the 30 minute live stream from today's Finland show and Jon was even struggling with the easy songs.:( His energy is good but his voice is shot. I feel bad for the guy.
You're full of it!
WeWantSamboraBac k

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
I just finished watching the 30 minute live stream from today's Finland show and Jon was even struggling with the easy songs.:( His energy is good but his voice is shot. I feel bad for the guy.
I totally disagree....his voice sounded ok to me. He wasn't struggling at all.

“Peace”

Since: Apr 07

Lantana, Texas

#12 May 26, 2013
Watch and learn......it's all about to implode. JMO.
Jonandme

Leduc, Canada

#13 May 26, 2013
I disagree also. I just watched the Finland live feed and I think he sounds great. I give the guy a lot of credit - he always shows up and gives it his all for the fans. Look at the last tour - he didnt miss ONE show, even played with a bad knee, allerges, colds. He is a professional unlike someone else....
kris

Centereach, NY

#14 May 26, 2013
I'm not even sure how anyone can judge his voice on that live feed. aside from the fact that the music drowns him out part of the time the quality of his voice is only as good as the quality of the feed itself. just like with some you tube vids if its poor quality tape then he sounds bad but we have no idea what he is sounding like live.
kris

Centereach, NY

#15 May 26, 2013
Jonandme wrote:
I disagree also. I just watched the Finland live feed and I think he sounds great. I give the guy a lot of credit - he always shows up and gives it his all for the fans. Look at the last tour - he didnt miss ONE show, even played with a bad knee, allerges, colds. He is a professional unlike someone else....
I will give him credit there. not only did he play with the bad knee but he finished the show that he was doing when he hurt his knee on stage.
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#16 May 26, 2013
Jonandme wrote:
I give the guy credit too, he shows up and gives it his all. But I sure can't say he sounded "great" during that webcast today. His voice even cracked at one point, even on a song that is not vocally challenging. I was over on the DC board while watching it and the general consensus there regarding the condition of his voice was not favorable at all.
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 May 26, 2013
kris wrote:
I'm not even sure how anyone can judge his voice on that live feed. aside from the fact that the music drowns him out part of the time the quality of his voice is only as good as the quality of the feed itself. just like with some you tube vids if its poor quality tape then he sounds bad but we have no idea what he is sounding like live.
Actually, aside from it freezing once in a while, the sound and video quality was quite good.
kris

Centereach, NY

#18 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, aside from it freezing once in a while, the sound and video quality was quite good.
didnt say the quality of the feed was bad just that its still a feed at not live in the sense that we werent there.
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#19 May 26, 2013
kris wrote:
<quoted text>didnt say the quality of the feed was bad just that its still a feed at not live in the sense that we werent there.
It's a lot easier to judge his voice (and that IS what I was commenting on) from a good quality soundboard live feed than being there live and having the crowd noise and the poor sound that you get in a large stadium. Of course the magic of the live setting isn't going to be there in a webcast.(but I'm not talking about that)

Here's the webcast....

https://www.youtube.com/watch... #

Now, in Jon's defense, his voice did start to sound better after a few songs in.
kris

Centereach, NY

#20 May 26, 2013
Buzzed wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot easier to judge his voice (and that IS what I was commenting on) from a good quality soundboard live feed than being there live and having the crowd noise and the poor sound that you get in a large stadium. Of course the magic of the live setting isn't going to be there in a webcast.(but I'm not talking about that)
Here's the webcast....
https://www.youtube.com/watch... #
Now, in Jon's defense, his voice did start to sound better after a few songs in.
Actually this is a perfect example of what I was talking about the music drowning him out. I can barely here him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bahamas Runaway Trip. 10 hr Jons side 3
Bon Jovi news: Bon Jovi set to release first ne... 19 hr vee 2
WOW anyone read Nikki Lunds twitter? (May '14) 23 hr vee 106
Bon Jovi-Waitin for you Decades Sat Large fans 1
Congratulations to Jon! Fri rosa3 5
Counter Suit by Richie May 19 jovisgotme1 2
News Charges against Richie Sambora have been droppe... May 17 Jons side 11
More from around the web