Amen lyrics
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rosa3

Perris, CA

#1 Jan 24, 2013
I found this lyrics that someone posted at Bon Jovi Dry County, interesting lyrics to say the least, but beautiful!

Bon Jovi - Amen

Last night I had a dream
The dream I had was true
I fell through the stars
Went walking on the moon
Burned like a thousand candles in her arms

The Skin under my finger tips
Honeysuckle on her LIPS
Sweeter than a man deserves to taste
Mercy Mercy, What else can I say?

But, Amen
Amen
Amen

Last night we were born together
It was like we'd always been
She'll be with me forever
If I don't see her again
We poured the wine until our cup ran over

(I'm/un) folding like the mystery
Inside of her like poetry
A thousand horses running through my veins

Mercy Mercy what else can I say

But Amen
Amen

I laid down in her garden
Naked on her floor
Windows up, the curtains blowing
She don't lock the door

Amen...

Amen......

At the banquet table
A beggar at a feast
I felt her tongure between her lips
And I forgot to breath
We stayed there 'til the candles burned the carpet

Last night I had a dream
The dream I had was true
Mercy Mercy, what else can I say
Mercy Mercy, I laid down and prayed

Amen
Amen

Amen...
Amen......

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 25, 2013
There seems to be a lot of talk about this song on FB. I like it.6959
Aimee

Barrie, Canada

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Just found the song on Youtube where someone posted it. Love the song and it will be a hit for sure!

Put link below and I hope it works! Enjoy all....

http://youtu.be/DhOL5p3MhZ8
kris

Ronkonkoma, NY

#4 Jan 25, 2013
I have no idea if these lyrics are correct but I do know that back in december someone posted the lyrics for "because we can" on the dry county site and the only words that were right were " because we can" everything else was complete fiction. so take this with a grain of salt.
Kim

Australia

#5 Jan 25, 2013
kris wrote:
I have no idea if these lyrics are correct but I do know that back in december someone posted the lyrics for "because we can" on the dry county site and the only words that were right were " because we can" everything else was complete fiction. so take this with a grain of salt.
They seem to be correct, when you listen to the song and read the lyrics, they match. I loved all the new songs played.
kris

Ronkonkoma, NY

#6 Jan 25, 2013
Kim wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to be correct, when you listen to the song and read the lyrics, they match. I loved all the new songs played.
I posted before I saw the you tube link, you are right these would appear to be the actually lyrics. Its a pretty song.
Alison

Lawrence, MA

#7 Jan 25, 2013
Loved this one. My favorite of the new songs
Aimee

Barrie, Canada

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Alison wrote:
Loved this one. My favorite of the new songs
I feel the same!
GaPeach

Adel, GA

#9 Jan 25, 2013
(sigh) LOVE this song!!!! can't wait to get the new CD!

“I'll be There for You”

Since: Dec 06

"How are we doin so far, ok?"

#10 Jan 25, 2013
I love this song...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 25, 2013
MaureenH wrote:
I love this song...
ME TOOOO!!!:D
Jamie

Nairobi, Kenya

#12 Jan 25, 2013
Really!? I feel like there's something wrong with me, I couldn't listen to it all the way to the end. Maybe I'm just not into this genre of music right now? I don't know I feel bad that I don't like this song too. Maybe I just won't like this album!?
Lucky1

Baldwin Park, CA

#13 Jan 25, 2013
Jamie wrote:
Really!? I feel like there's something wrong with me, I couldn't listen to it all the way to the end. Maybe I'm just not into this genre of music right now? I don't know I feel bad that I don't like this song too. Maybe I just won't like this album!?
I agree - I feel tge same way. I couldn't get into this song at all. Seemed to me like Jon is trying to write his own style Hallelujah with the lyrics and style. Maybe it'll be one where you gave to hear it live to appreciate it.

Since: Jun 11

Gdansk/Poland

#14 Jan 25, 2013
I love the song,it's so beautiful,it will be great to see and hear Jon performing it live

Since: Oct 12

San Leandro, CA

#15 Jan 25, 2013
Out of the 5 new songs my favorites are What About Now and Amen. I liked them right away can't wait to hear them in April.
Karen

Northampton, UK

#16 Jan 26, 2013
Lucky1 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree - I feel tge same way. I couldn't get into this song at all. Seemed to me like Jon is trying to write his own style Hallelujah with the lyrics and style. Maybe it'll be one where you gave to hear it live to appreciate it.
I agree - both lyrically and musically it sounds like a rip off of Hallelujah.

Location hidden

#17 Jan 26, 2013
Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree - both lyrically and musically it sounds like a rip off of Hallelujah.
Hallelujah was written about going to war. Totally different song both lyrically and the way it's delivered. He ripped off nothing!
Karen

Northampton, UK

#18 Jan 26, 2013
yourdaddyiswho wrote:
<quoted text>
Hallelujah was written about going to war. Totally different song both lyrically and the way it's delivered. He ripped off nothing!
It's delivered just like Hallelujah.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 26, 2013
Karen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's delivered just like Hallelujah.
No it's not...
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#20 Jan 26, 2013
yourdaddyiswho wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hear any connection to "going to war" in the lyrics of Hallelujah at all. What part makes you think that's what this song is about?

I have to agree with the others, Amen does remind me of Hallelujah.(it also being very sexual and the delivery being much the same)

I don't mind the song (but it's no Hallelujah) and if Jon enjoys singing it as much as he enjoys singing Hallelujah, we should hear some great performances of it this tour.(much better than this BBC performance where Jon's voice is not at it's best)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What question would you ask Jon Bon Jovi? (Jul '07) Sat BJ Fan 29
Anyone ever used Ticket Liquidator???? (Feb '08) Sat Roman 166
Actors/Actresses In Bon Jovi Clips (Aug '11) Feb 18 mgemay 57
News We're all livin' on a prayer: How a hair band a... Feb 17 BJ Fan 1
Lita Ford's one night stand with Richie Sambora... (Feb '16) Feb 15 JBJPriestess 10
Who is Joey Keys?? (Jan '08) Feb 13 The jk 5
Dorothea a "little petite 5 foot 6 maniac", say... (Jul '08) Feb 11 mgemay 61
More from around the web