First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#63 Feb 28, 2013
jbjpeaches wrote:
<quoted text>
Last night's show was just amazing!! Guys seemed to be in a great mood! Lots of energy and moving around.
Great to hear some good news around here!!! Glad you had a good time!

Thanks Peaches :)
ksluvbj

Toronto, Canada

#65 Feb 28, 2013
jbjpeaches wrote:
<quoted text>
Last night's show was just amazing!! Guys seemed to be in a great mood! Lots of energy and moving around.
So happy you had a great time!!!!
Can't wait to hear all about it :)
Chrissy

Toledo, OH

#66 Feb 28, 2013
I'm just getting over the flu bug and it lasted a week. I was and am so tired and worn out so give Jon a break he is only human remember
Joviana

Safety Harbor, FL

#67 Mar 1, 2013
Can't wait to see them tonight!
Mia

Strathfield, Australia

#68 Mar 1, 2013
I'm watching the Tampa show and it's awesome!

“I'm all about lovin' you”

Since: Jul 08

Macon, Georgia

#69 Mar 2, 2013
So funny that my husband noticed that Richie kept blowing his nose at Wed. night's Atlanta concert. He said every time someone would hand him a guitar they also handed him a snot rag and then took it from him. Poor hubby had cheap seats and could only see Richie. Not that that is a bad thing. Richie is looking great these days.

Since: Feb 07

Guelph, Canada

#70 Mar 5, 2013
Paulaluvsbj wrote:
Anyone go to last nights show? How was his overall energy?
He looks much more energized in this video from last night!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Y0FhshQaLuMXX
Mgemay, did you go to any shows yet? Was wondering what your opinion was of them since you've been to so many over the years. From past postings I know you're usually spot on when it comes to things Bon Jovi and if you wouldn't mind I'd love for you to put your two cents in.
It's been a busy month...

Yes I was at five of the early concerts during a two week period..Montreal x2, Toronto x2, Buffalo. After reading a lot of comments, I've wondered if I was at the same shows as so many others tho'.

I never noticed any lack of energy on the stage. I have not really noticed whether he is or is not moving around more or less than he has on past tours. I guess it's something that isn't all that important to me. Jon playing & singing vs Jon shaking his money maker is a no brainer for me. I didn't have any feeling of being at a rehearsal at any of my five shows. I saw lots of interaction with the audience...with nods and smiles and point outs. Touching of hands, a kiss, some tossed roses.

There was a good mix of songs on the setlists. Some new or different ones every night with a total of 25 or 26 or so songs. I love hearing the new songs as I thought I'd have to wait until after the record came out to hear more than BWC.

Doesn't bother me at all that there is no opening band. In fact, I really like it that way because it means more Jovi and that's exactly what people have been getting. All of my shows were at least 2 1/2 hours long. Looking at previous tours, shows that long were the exception as most ran at least 15 minutes shorter.

I'm seeing a band of brothers up there on the stage having fun and making great music. I'm getting to see them do that for about 2 hrs 30 min..a pleasant surprise this early in the tour. I love watching Jon play guitar more than he has in the past and he really seems to be enjoying playing. IMO Jon's voice is strong and clear and it was a pleasant surprise to hear some of the notes that were being held for a LONG time.

I've heard there has been flu/colds running through the Jovi tour camp and no one seems to be exempt. I know how I feel when I'm not feeling my best. I can't imagine what it must be like to perform or to work the way this band & crew do.

I'm thrilled that the band will be back to Toronto and Montreal in the fall. I'm sad that I have to wait until July for my next concerts on this tour.

Lara

Holly Springs, NC

#71 Mar 6, 2013
last night in Charlotte there was no sign that any of the guys were under the weather. SO, hopefully the colds and flu have been kicked to the curb. EXCELLENT excellent show we got! 27 songs...it was 3hrs and a couple of minutes! We even got a special treat, ALWAYS, after Prayer. Jon was very much into it...all over the stage, and worked the crowd bigtime, though we the audience, gave it right back to him. Had a gr8 time in Charlotte last night!!!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-jovi/2013/t...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#72 Mar 12, 2013
mgemay wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been a busy month...
Yes I was at five of the early concerts during a two week period..Montreal x2, Toronto x2, Buffalo. After reading a lot of comments, I've wondered if I was at the same shows as so many others tho'.
I never noticed any lack of energy on the stage. I have not really noticed whether he is or is not moving around more or less than he has on past tours. I guess it's something that isn't all that important to me. Jon playing & singing vs Jon shaking his money maker is a no brainer for me. I didn't have any feeling of being at a rehearsal at any of my five shows. I saw lots of interaction with the audience...with nods and smiles and point outs. Touching of hands, a kiss, some tossed roses.
There was a good mix of songs on the setlists. Some new or different ones every night with a total of 25 or 26 or so songs. I love hearing the new songs as I thought I'd have to wait until after the record came out to hear more than BWC.
Doesn't bother me at all that there is no opening band. In fact, I really like it that way because it means more Jovi and that's exactly what people have been getting. All of my shows were at least 2 1/2 hours long. Looking at previous tours, shows that long were the exception as most ran at least 15 minutes shorter.
I'm seeing a band of brothers up there on the stage having fun and making great music. I'm getting to see them do that for about 2 hrs 30 min..a pleasant surprise this early in the tour. I love watching Jon play guitar more than he has in the past and he really seems to be enjoying playing. IMO Jon's voice is strong and clear and it was a pleasant surprise to hear some of the notes that were being held for a LONG time.
I've heard there has been flu/colds running through the Jovi tour camp and no one seems to be exempt. I know how I feel when I'm not feeling my best. I can't imagine what it must be like to perform or to work the way this band & crew do.
I'm thrilled that the band will be back to Toronto and Montreal in the fall. I'm sad that I have to wait until July for my next concerts on this tour.
Thanks so much for your review. Glad you enjoyed the shows! Sorry for the delayed response to your reply. I was away on business and didn't have time to check the boards. Thanks again!

Since: Dec 12

Lisbon, Portugal

#73 Mar 14, 2013
Maybe he´s sick or maybe he´s dealing with issues like his daughter´s drug problem. The last year wasn´t easy, Jon should have canceled the tour, but many people depend on him... When i heard the news about Stephanie i immedatly thought the tour would not be the same. Imagine your daughter having an overdose on heroin... you would be devastated, wouldn´t you?!! He probably wants to be with his family and not on tour. And i understand that.
Jamie

Kenya

#74 Mar 20, 2013
It's not like these guys can just take sick days or personal days.

We are lucky people when all we have to complain about is the concert of a much loved band being a little less than we hoped for. Where I live and what I see everyday, I really think - just be grateful you had a chance to see the concert and hear music you love even if its not the best, it's still fun and lucky!!
If I had to be on stage for ten min w the flu is be dying and god knows what drugs or meds or whatever they've had to take just to get thru those nights!
Nofanofjbj

New York, NY

#75 Mar 21, 2013
Aw, poor little rock star. Hes so brave.
Waage

Munich, Germany

#76 Mar 21, 2013
He is brave. Always was! Look at the knee surgery in 2011!

Since: Feb 07

Guelph, Canada

#77 Mar 21, 2013
Jamie wrote:
It's not like these guys can just take sick days or personal days.
We are lucky people when all we have to complain about is the concert of a much loved band being a little less than we hoped for. Where I live and what I see everyday, I really think - just be grateful you had a chance to see the concert and hear music you love even if its not the best, it's still fun and lucky!!
If I had to be on stage for ten min w the flu is be dying and god knows what drugs or meds or whatever they've had to take just to get thru those nights!
VERY wise words IMO, Jamie. Whether it be the singer, the band, the crew, when on tour they don't have the time to be sick.
Joviegirlinky

Cincinnati, OH

#78 Mar 21, 2013
BJ Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do see your point & I agree that if it was just that they were "warming up" that could've been an option but if the reason was because Jon was sick unexpectedly I don't see how they could've done anything differently unless they rescheduled the shows. I'm sure if that had happened it would've been critized as well.
I still think making comments like saying Jon is just old or he needs to step up are rude & he is human just like the rest of us.
I want everyone to know I saw him perform in Louisville March 14th. This was my first ever concert seeing him live and I was and am still in seventh heaven. I do not agree with all the negative comments. I would love to see how many people would be able to get out there and perform feeling ill..I know I couldn't do it. I commend him and the band for doing their "best" and he they are human and get sick just like we do. If they were to cancel concerts because of illnesses, I guarentee there would be more negative comments about that too..Leave the men alone, let them be and they will bounce back. I say, say a prayer for them and maybe they will feel better soon!
Jamie

Kenya

#79 Mar 21, 2013
Joviegirlinky I agree. People would be disappointed and maybe comment negatively. But even just the excitement for a few weeks before a show, the anticipation at least that is something, ok a little expensive just for that but still it's a lucky thing. After reading what Jon said about himself and Bruce and bono in the other thread, I hate to say nice things about Jon, but actually the guy does his best on tour and anything else isn't intentional. If u didn't go u might regret it so at least u tried.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bon Jovi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bon Jovi to sing at NYC Hillary Clinton fundraiser (Jan '09) 14 hr Black Apalacha 52
News Alice Cooper on Prince: 'He Kept Trying to Stea... Wed Amused Octopus 1
News 06/18 Bon Jovi Summer Party at Dudley's! 9 PM Apr 25 BJ Fan 1
News Celebrate Bon Jovi's birthday with an awesome h... Apr 13 AFG 8
Album release date now said to be Fall 2016 Apr 7 AFG 1
Matt Bongiovi (Jul '08) Apr 5 Annie 88
Does anyone know what Alec is doing these days? Apr 3 Vanessa 1
More from around the web