Concert review: For devoted fans, it'...

Concert review: For devoted fans, it's old-time Bob Seger

There are 23 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 12, 2011, titled Concert review: For devoted fans, it's old-time Bob Seger. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Four songs into Bob Seger's sold-out concert Thursday night at the Xcel Energy Center, after the 66-year-old rocker finished his sax-heavy hit "Mainstreet," a woman behind me excitedly told her friend: "If this was the record , the next song would be 'Come to Poppa.' That's how many times I listened to it." It was that kind of night, both on stage ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Last Xcel Concert Ever

Stillwater, MN

#21 May 15, 2011
Two drunk woman to my left , husband to my right that did not want to be on the main floor and a four and a half man in front of us with a eight year old kid with him it lost the old time rock and roll feeling! I will go back for a hockey game but not a concert.
laurathepainter

Minneapolis, MN

#22 May 16, 2011
Seger's 5/12/2011 concert at the Xcel was awesome - it was in the top 5 events in my life. His playlist was most of my favorites and I developed a new appreciation for ones I did not pay much attention to before. His voice was a bit raspier and he was more winded than his last visit to the Xcel but true to Seger style - he is flowing with the natural rhythms of his life of which his fans are journeying as well. We are all aging and he is showing us how to do it with a flare while staying in the mix. The only downer was hearing rumors that this might be his last tour. I don't care if he tours next time in a wheelchair telling us stories while the Silver Bullet Band plays lightly in the background - he will still perform for a sold out show at which I hope to be at. Bob Seger is my superhero!
Johan

Chicago, IL

#23 May 16, 2011
Snoaway wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe those people couldn't get up and dance because the bug up their behind would have fallen out.
Turn the page.......... ;)
I couldn't have put it better! loosen up your knickers or don't show up at all. A lot of people would have made great use of of those seats. Later or... "Till It Shines". PEACE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bob Seger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Seger: Last 'Ride' for rock icon? (Mar '15) Mar '15 Judi9w eneinhardt 2
News Detroit: We need to renew the American dream (Jul '14) Jul '14 bensleys thoughts 4
News Bob Seger's 'Live Bullet' voted No. 1 'Best Liv... (Apr '14) Apr '14 des kennedy galw... 1
News Who is the best Michigan artist? Gaye vs. Seger (Aug '08) Oct '13 bprocker 20
News Steve Smith: Beyonce and Destiny's Child to reu... (Jan '13) Jan '13 tigger31086 1
News Bob Seger rock and souls Phoenix (Dec '11) Dec '11 CRASSUS 2
News Phoenix Concerts: Bob Seger - Dec. 23 US Airway... (Nov '11) Nov '11 janet 1
More from around the web