Concert review: For devoted fans, it'...

Concert review: For devoted fans, it's old-time Bob Seger

There are 23 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 12, 2011, titled Concert review: For devoted fans, it's old-time Bob Seger. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Four songs into Bob Seger's sold-out concert Thursday night at the Xcel Energy Center, after the 66-year-old rocker finished his sax-heavy hit "Mainstreet," a woman behind me excitedly told her friend: "If this was the record , the next song would be 'Come to Poppa.' That's how many times I listened to it." It was that kind of night, both on stage ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“groovygirlinmn@g mail.com”

Since: Feb 10

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 12, 2011
I saw him in 2006 - Awesome concert, awesome venue

“gojohnnygo.com”

Since: Apr 08

St Paul

#2 May 13, 2011
If you think Seger was good in the mid-to-late 1970s, check out his late 60s & early 70s work- it's more rockin' and WAY better.
Sandy Nelson

Carrollton, TX

#3 May 13, 2011
Unbelievable....What a wonderful time, all the great songs, he sounded & looked great..along with his full band....love the music!!!
shut the front door

United States

#4 May 13, 2011
At 33, we were definitely amoung the younger set of fans. But you're never too young to enjoy great music!

I grew up listening to Bob with my dad and was really bummed that we missed his 06 show. I vowed that I would not miss him again if he were ever to come back to town! Boy am I glad I didn't!

I only wish I could have seen him in his hay-day, but the show was amazing. I can't believe how spot on his vocals were and the band sounded fantastic! I am so glad that I got the chance to see him before he calls it a day! And if he decides to keep on trucking, we'll definitely be back for more!

Great show!!
kirbymolly

Saint Paul, MN

#5 May 13, 2011
Damn, I would have loved to have been there! I'm more of a Rolling Stones guy but I was dragged scratching and clawing to a Seger show about 20 years ago and am forever grateful! Same girlfriend dragged me to the Moody Blues. Same result.
Jumping Jack Flash

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 13, 2011
One of the best concerts ever!!!
Burns

Owatonna, MN

#7 May 13, 2011
Old rockers never die. They just jack up ticket prices and pretend they can still sing. Better off wathcing a karoake night at the VFW.
Nostradumas

Maple Plain, MN

#8 May 13, 2011
Tommy Barnyard at KQRS has a boner over Bob Seger
This is Getting Old

United States

#9 May 13, 2011
What a great show....Turn the Page was awesome. I would put him in the same catergory as Springsteen, Petty and all of the old rockers that still have it.
Blah

South Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 13, 2011
Nostradumas wrote:
Tommy Barnyard at KQRS has a boner over Bob Seger
What does this comment have to do with the concert? Alot of people still enjoy Bob Segar's music.
Nostradumas

Maple Plain, MN

#11 May 13, 2011
Blah wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this comment have to do with the concert? Alot of people still enjoy Bob Segar's music.
I'm happy for you.
mngurl

United States

#12 May 13, 2011
well said, THE SHOW WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Flounder

Minneapolis, MN

#13 May 13, 2011
Good gravy. Seger. Fossil. Over. Done.
Snoaway

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 13, 2011
I'd bet my future walker that no music artist from today will have the talent and longevity that Seger has! Long live rock and roll!
45 year Seger fan

Hudson, WI

#15 May 13, 2011
What a show. That was the 5th time I have seen him and he still has it. I hope this wasn't his last tour, but if it is---I will remember this show forever.
tammy

Rochester, MN

#16 May 13, 2011
This was the first time that i saw BoB and i was so impressed that i would have givin any thing to see him before. I will say i have listend to his music for a verey long time and i will always do so. He has brought tears to my eyes as some of his songs have brought me thure bad and good. I want to say the concert on 05-12-2011 was a great one and will stick we me for the reast of my life.
10 Seger Concerts Since70

Saint Paul, MN

#17 May 14, 2011
Wife says this was the best concert ever! Wife still can't speak and is still aching from all the dancing. She loved it so much! Bob was amazing.
Gino & Lori Lyons
Eagan, MN
the old guy

Sauk Rapids, MN

#18 May 14, 2011
one word FLAWLESS !!!!!! NOUGH SAID
Johan

Chicago, IL

#19 May 15, 2011
Saw Seger/Silver Bullet last night at the All State Arena, Chicago. Wow What a show! His Voice, Silver Bullet, the sound, it was just an awsome time. He opend with "Roll Me Away" took a 15min break midway through and played for another hour and 2 encores. Still No one wanted to leave. I think total it was a 3hr show. He dug into the "Seger System" library too.

At a time when groups are charging outragious prices for their shows Bob kept his affordable and withen everybody's reach.

Can someone post some pics or video? love to see it. He also looked great and his voice was 100% Vintage Seger.

There's just one question I have, can someone chime in please?
I am in my 40's and last night there were a couple of people at the show that were real kill joys, they were like stuffed shirts or this one chick who sat through the entire show like she was at a wake or something and told my girlfriend she was invading her space because my girlfriend was bopping around and just having a great time. Hey this is a concert and it's Seger and for the most part it was a stand up, dance, everyone new the words to the songs type of show. So why do these dingle berries come out anyway?
I'm from Michigan living here now, a big Seger fan and thank Rock-N-Roll these people were just less than a hand full.

''AND THESE ARE THE MEMORIES THAT MAKE ME A WEALTHY SOUL'' Traveling Man/Beautiful Loser.

Johan,
Snoaway

Saint Paul, MN

#20 May 15, 2011
Johan wrote:
I am in my 40's and last night there were a couple of people at the show that were real kill joys, they were like stuffed shirts or this one chick who sat through the entire show like she was at a wake or something and told my girlfriend she was invading her space because my girlfriend was bopping around and just having a great time. Hey this is a concert and it's Seger and for the most part it was a stand up, dance, everyone new the words to the songs type of show. So why do these dingle berries come out anyway?
I'm from Michigan living here now, a big Seger fan and thank Rock-N-Roll these people were just less than a hand full.
''AND THESE ARE THE MEMORIES THAT MAKE ME A WEALTHY SOUL'' Traveling Man/Beautiful Loser.
Johan,
Maybe those people couldn't get up and dance because the bug up their behind would have fallen out.

Turn the page.......... ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bob Seger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Seger: Last 'Ride' for rock icon? Mar '15 Judi9w eneinhardt 2
News Detroit: We need to renew the American dream (Jul '14) Jul '14 bensleys thoughts 4
News Bob Seger's 'Live Bullet' voted No. 1 'Best Liv... (Apr '14) Apr '14 des kennedy galw... 1
News Who is the best Michigan artist? Gaye vs. Seger (Aug '08) Oct '13 bprocker 20
News Steve Smith: Beyonce and Destiny's Child to reu... (Jan '13) Jan '13 tigger31086 1
News Bob Seger rock and souls Phoenix (Dec '11) Dec '11 CRASSUS 2
News Phoenix Concerts: Bob Seger - Dec. 23 US Airway... (Nov '11) Nov '11 janet 1
More from around the web