Blues guitarist Eddie King dies

Apr 12, 2012 Full story: WAND-TV Decatur

Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll said Thursday that King died in hospice care for prostate cancer at a Peoria nursing home on March 14.

Full Story
johnny dean blues

United States

#1 Apr 13, 2012
Eddie's music spans five decades. A close friend and mentor of mine, I do believe that some of Eddie's tunes will become standards in Blues. Kitty Kat has been performed by many musicians for some years now. Eddie was one of the very last true authentic bluesmen, and leaves many young musicians who performed with him, or who remained inspired by him, a gift to Blues for generations to come around the world. His life was a reality of a changing world, something most people in general would have had a very hard time living through, one couldn't have written a story he lived, and those times on stage where bigger and deeper than anything. Just looking into his eyes was indescribable, off stage he was warm and giving. Easily appreciable and always working on a tune in his mind. Intelligent he was and open to views. When he squeezed those notes at times it was like he was lost in remember a time in his life. Dynamic and Mr. Dynamite was Eddie King. The final recordings will be released as well as some live video footage we did together from 92' - 07'. Much love, peace, and respect. Sincerely: Johnny Dean. Support your local musicians.
Doogy

Peoria, IL

#2 Apr 13, 2012
It is sad anytime you lose a musician of this caliber. He will be missed.
johnny dean blues

United States

#3 Apr 13, 2012
your right, although many seen it coming Eddie fought it for years. Last year was one of the saddest years in Blues as many had passed on more than I've seen in over a decade. Eddies spirit of love, peace, music, and making sure that every day was a good day, is something to live by. Eddie was lost for words when Bernard Allison gave him that blue gibson,, after Luthers passing out of a token of love and respect. One of only a few of Luthers guitars that was passed on. I'm completely honored that Eddie had passed on his fender twin amp to me before he went into the health care center, the first of the three he would eventually see. Rumpy was my brother, we were supposed to take it forward, his great talents and person left with his dad. The studio is somewhat haunting to be in however its life. Taking it forward. Bessie remains the backbone and positivity to the legacy of the Milton family and the Leader of the Band.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blues Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fine Folk: Eureka Springs to Host Ozark Mountai... Jan 16 ESLocal 1
A case of the blues as plug is pulled on annual... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Wes 1
Blues Reunion band comes alive (Jan '14) Jan '14 blue 1
Back again (Nov '13) Nov '13 nova 1
Blues guitarist Joe Bonamassa soars into a leag... (Mar '11) Sep '13 Sure 270
Grassroots Blues Festival offers two nights of ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 aguyfromduckhill 1
Jimmy Dawkins dies, leaves Chicago blues legacy (Apr '13) Apr '13 Doug Lohnes 1
More from around the web