Is bipartisanship overrated?

Full story: Bennington Banner
As Congress works toward a bill to reform our health care system, a number of Democratic Congressional leaders are making concessions and compromises in order to gain Republican support. Full Story
jacksmith

Dallas, TX

#1 Jul 17, 2009
THIS IS IT!

The healthcare reform bill released by the House Of Representatives is an excellent bill as I understand it. It's a bill with a strong, robust, government-run public option, and an intelligent, reasonable initial funding plan to cover almost all of the American people. It is carefully written, and thoughtfully constructed, informed, prudent and wise. This bill will save trillions of dollars, and millions of your lives. It is also now supported by the AMA.

This is the type of bill that all Americans can feel good about. And this is the type of bill that has the potential to dramatically improve the quality of healthcare for all Americans. Rich, middle class and poor a like. Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and all other party affiliations. This bill has the potential to dramatically improve the quality of life of every American.

The house healthcare bill should be viewed as the minimum GOLD STANDARD by which all other proposed healthcare legislation should be judged. All supporters of true high quality healthcare reform should now place all your support behind this healthcare reform bill released by the United States House Of Representatives, as the minimum Gold standard for healthcare reform in America.

You should all now support this bill with all your might, and all of your unrelenting tenacity. This healthcare bill is a VERY, VERY GOOD! bill for all of the American people. Fight tooth, and nail for every bit of this bill if you have too. Be aggressive, creative, and relentless for this bill.

From this time forward, go BIGGER and DEEPER with the American people every day until passage of healthcare reform with a robust, government-run public option.

FIGHT!! like your life and the lives of your loved ones depends on it. BECAUSE IT DOES!

SPREAD THE WORD

(
&f eature=player_embedded)

God Bless You

Jack Smith — Working Class
GDog

Miami, FL

#2 Jul 17, 2009
"The healthcare reform bill released by the House Of Representatives is an excellent bill as I understand it."
Read it first, then get back to us. The devil is in the details. You sound like a government shill to me, Mr Smith.
kevin

Jericho, VT

#4 Jul 18, 2009
Elmer Fudd wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse he is a Stalinist useful idiot.
Come out from behind your pen name, Elmer. Say something intelligent for a change. Advance the discussion, or stay off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Dogs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Budget, No Pay gaining traction across the c... (Mar '12) Oct '13 Gary 5
Republicans view Blue Dog losses as a good sign... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Hypnotic Phantom 20
Blue Dogs Shrink: Coalition of - Moderate' Demo... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Bob Burns 1
Shuler: Pelosi ignoring Blue Dogs (Feb '11) Feb '11 joey 4
Bullish Blue Dogs Oppose Health Care Repeal (Jan '11) Jan '11 JohnInLa 2
Democrats must embrace their progressive base (Nov '10) Nov '10 bite me 62
Health care industry chases after Blue Dogs (Aug '09) Sep '09 Former McDowell R... 39

Blue Dogs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE