North Carolina voters approve gay mar...

North Carolina voters approve gay marriage ban

There are 5908 comments on the NJ.com story from May 8, 2012, titled North Carolina voters approve gay marriage ban. In it, NJ.com reports that:

North Carolina voters approved a constitutional amendment today defining marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, making it the 30th state to adopt such a ban.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NJ.com.

First Prev
of 296
Next Last
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#6176 Oct 25, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
Finally!
Washington (CNN)-- The suspect in a shooting at a conservative Christian policy group in Washington faced attempted murder and other new charges on Wednesday, including a terrorism count not previously sought by prosecutors in any case.
Floyd Lee Corkins II, who previously pleaded not guilty to other charges related to the August shooting that wounded the building manager at the Family Research Council, is scheduled to be arraigned on Friday on the new allegations included in a superseding indictment.
They include attempted murder, aggravated assault, second-degree burglary -- all while armed -- and three counts of possession of a firearm during a crime of violence.
Corkins also was charged with committing an act of terrorism while armed, which had never previously been prosecuted.
Spamming all the threads with OLD news, eh? Slow day at rehab?

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#6177 Oct 25, 2012
Pietro Armando wrote:
Acceptance of homosexuality does not automatically extend to support for ssm.
Acceptance of human freedom and human dignity DOES, however.

The only thing that you need to accept, is that there are people in the world who are different from you, who have different feelings than you, and who live their lives differently from you, and that they have the freedom to do so. Denying them their right to marry the person they love is a violation of their right to live their life as they see fit.

It would not make any sense to say that you DO accept a person's freedom to BE gay, but that you DON'T accept their freedom to exercise the most basic and common social conventions BECAUSE they are gay (which you yourself freely enjoy).

To do so is to tell a person that you "accept" their right to enjoy fewer social rights than you do. This is dehumanizing and demoralizing, and doesn't depict "acceptance" at all.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#6178 Oct 29, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Spamming all the threads with OLD news, eh? Slow day at rehab?
Maybe Hurricane Sandy will punish the intolerant and hateful tomorrow. Odd, ain't it, the backwards cousin marrying hater state is constantly barraged by hurricanes and horrible floods, yet sinful California skates along, safe as your mother's arms. I wonder what God is REALLY thinking, whose side He is really on? Obviously not the red states! Look how He punishes them! Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#6179 Oct 29, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Hurricane Sandy will punish the intolerant and hateful tomorrow. Odd, ain't it, the backwards cousin marrying hater state is constantly barraged by hurricanes and horrible floods, yet sinful California skates along, safe as your mother's arms. I wonder what God is REALLY thinking, whose side He is really on? Obviously not the red states! Look how He punishes them! Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.
You mean those intolerant libs???? I don't wish harm on anyone. I Pray people heed the warnings and take the necessary evacuation recommendations seriously.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6180 Oct 29, 2012
North Carolina just another state IGNOREING the constitution...Oh well when SCOTUS craushes all the state bans because of unconstitutional bases freedom will ring then.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#6181 Oct 29, 2012
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean those intolerant libs???? I don't wish harm on anyone. I Pray people heed the warnings and take the necessary evacuation recommendations seriously.
Maybe NEXT time they won't spend so much time praying for intolerance and spend more time HEEDING Jesus' words of loving one's fellow humans UNCONDITIONALLY, and God may spare their state from woe. Now, go sand bag your house trailer.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#6182 Oct 30, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe NEXT time they won't spend so much time praying for intolerance and spend more time HEEDING Jesus' words of loving one's fellow humans UNCONDITIONALLY, and God may spare their state from woe. Now, go sand bag your house trailer.
I believe it was 'YOU' wishing ill will to other Americans, not me...
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#6184 Nov 25, 2012
youtube.com/watch... Gay Marrage will be legal in every State so thats the future,,approve and put up with

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 296
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Billy Graham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Townsend man with Alzheimer's drowns after wand... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Redqueen 1
News Video: Billy Graham delivers what may be last s... (Nov '13) Nov '13 HEATH - 72 1
News An Atheist Witnessing ManualBy Michael Schulson (Nov '13) Nov '13 Amused 5
News Should Billy Graham's legacy be rescued? (Feb '13) May '13 Givemeliberty 1,638
News Religious Groups Say They Were Scrutinized by IRS (May '13) May '13 downhill246 7
News Religious groups say they were scrutinized by IRS (May '13) May '13 George 7
News Religious groups: IRS scrutinized us (May '13) May '13 Soviet States Of ... 1
More from around the web