Singer confronts abusive past, looks ...

Singer confronts abusive past, looks to future

There are 1 comment on the The Tennessean story from Aug 12, 2007, titled Singer confronts abusive past, looks to future. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

“That was the first time I was ever knocked out completely cold”

Two days after attending a Radius 10 party celebrating the platinum success of his second album, Doin' Somethin' Right, country singer Billy Currington was diagnosed with acute laryngitis and canceled all ... via The Tennessean

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

rme

United States

#1 Aug 13, 2007
I've got to give Billy a hands up. It takes alot for someone who has been abused to stand up and say something. Espcially if it was done by a relative. The hardest thing is to acknowledge that you are not to blame for what happened and that YOU were the innocent party. Those of you who are trying to put the blame on him should stop and think about what you would do if it had been you. I blame his mother as much as his father or step-father. She being his mother should have protected him. How can a mother let her child go through something as horrible as that and still call herself a mother...When you have a child your'e suppose to be there to protect them no matter what. I WOULD never let anyone lay a hand on my child. I WOULD give my life for my children. She should have taken him out of that situation. Sometimes it takes that person being gone (dead) for those that have been abused to speak out. They feel safer. I know. Billy if you are reading these messages. My heart goes out to you. Know that you are not alone and that all of us are behind you and hope that your recovery will bring you back to us even stronger than before. There are 5 of us that go to your concerts and we can't wait to see you again. God bless you and know that you are LOVED by us. Be strong. It took the strong man that you are to admit and get help for your abuse. Hugs and Kisses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Billy Currington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Country singer Cale Dodds coming to Hilton Head Jul '15 Will Dockery 1
all about billy currington (Jan '06) Nov '13 momo 59
News Country singer Currington posts bail after thre... (Apr '13) Jun '13 TN girl 4
News Warrant out for singer Billy Currington's arrest (May '13) May '13 LBer 2
News Country singer Billy Currington charged with th... (Apr '13) Apr '13 LBer 1
News Frankie Ballard (Oct '12) Nov '12 George Jones 2
Billy Currington in houston 4th of July 2012 (Jul '12) Jul '12 Dolly 1
More from around the web