NM Gov. Martinez orders police to ask...

NM Gov. Martinez orders police to ask about immigration status

There are 340 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 1, 2011, titled NM Gov. Martinez orders police to ask about immigration status. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Susana Martinez directed state police on Monday to start asking about the immigration status of people arrested for crimes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Richard

AOL

#1 Feb 1, 2011
America FIRST. Americans FIRST. Illegal aliens should NOT have the protection of the LAW.
Larry

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Feb 1, 2011
This is the greatest Govenor we have ever had. This are getting better.
ChrisNM50

El Paso, TX

#3 Feb 1, 2011
I agree. I am tired of having illegals using my state to hide and to use the services without ever paying into it. Thanks Gov! Keep up the great work!
Martinez

Hillsborough, NJ

#4 Feb 1, 2011
Martinez is Racist and doesn't like her own people, her own Mexican People.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
A safer america

United States

#5 Feb 1, 2011
A good price to pay to be safer from "illegal" aliens. There is a legal system to get a legal US Visa.
Buddy

United States

#7 Feb 1, 2011
Let me let you in on a little secret, long before Arizona New Mexico has been asking people for immigration status while arrested. These people are separated on a border patrol holds and deported right away. There has been some instances where the police has gone in a arrested high school students for tickets and handed over to the border patrol for deportation while pregnant. I truly believe that New Mexico is a bit harsher on illegals than Texas. Your a bit late on this Governor, believe it or not.
NObama

El Paso, TX

#8 Feb 1, 2011
Yes!

Adios mojados!
USCitizenBill

El Paso, TX

#9 Feb 1, 2011
What part of ILLEGAL immigration do people NOT understand?
So what

United States

#10 Feb 1, 2011
What about all of the illegal aliens driving-they get stoped and not questioned? Just the ones that commited crimes,and then they are deported so they can cross back in illegally and do it again.SMOKE AND MIRRORS!!!
Aha

El Paso, TX

#11 Feb 1, 2011
Martinez wrote:
Nop!!! you are so wrong, we need law and order!!!! no exceptions!
Dummy

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Feb 1, 2011
Martinez wrote:
She was born in the United States to American citizens, therefore she is AMERICAN, NOT Mexican. She is NOT racist...just trying to do her job.
Buddy

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2011
USCitizenBill wrote:
What part of ILLEGAL immigration do people NOT understand?
You just do not get it, when you have the President of the United States and California supporting illegals they are getting mixed messages. They think that they can get some type of reform which has been done in the past. They live on false hopes and promises. When we all as a nation agree on actions against illegals and we have some type of uniformed law maybe we can control these people. Mixed messages is making it hard for them to be deported, just look at some sanctuary cities that give them ID's, driver licenses, college assistance. It is like when you kick out your kid out of the house and mom starts crying and pleads for him to stay, no difference.
pole cat

Haskell, TX

#14 Feb 1, 2011
Right On Susana!
Get out of my pocket

El Paso, TX

#15 Feb 1, 2011
It's about time, she has a bigger set than any of the other politicians. Politically correct should be outlawed! Legally correct should be a way of life. You Go Girl! Proud to be an AMERICAN, lawbiding citizen!
NMSU78

San Francisco, CA

#16 Feb 1, 2011
Enjoy your ONE TERM in office, Ms. Martinez. When you were Dona Ana County DA, you made your reputation by taking politically motivated actions and now on a statewide stage, you are playing the Arizona race bating card...shame on you.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#17 Feb 1, 2011
If only some of her sense and smarts could get through Governor Rick "damn my hair looks good" Perry's hair spray and seep into his brain we'd be better off
Buckwheat

El Paso, TX

#18 Feb 1, 2011
Martinez wrote:
They're not her people!

Susana was born in El Paso, Texas, USA.

You can call her an American.
You can call her a Texan (or former Texan I suppose).
You can call her an El Pasoan (or former El Pasoan as well).
You can now call her a New Mexican, now serving as Governor of the state.
You can also call her a Santa Fean, being the capital of New Mexico.

But do not call Susana a Mexican! And she is not a Chicana as well!
Arturo

El Paso, TX

#19 Feb 1, 2011
Wow a Governor with cojones.. Too bad we live in El Paso where our leaders are wimps and are making El Paso a "sanctuary" city.
racer42

Hayward, CA

#20 Feb 1, 2011
Martinez wrote:
She doesn't have to like "Mexican" people, she has to like and to serve United States Citizens and listen to what they desire. That's what she's doing. Good for her.
wtf

Wichita, KS

#21 Feb 1, 2011
Martinez wrote:
You're stupid....she doesn't say she don't like her own people, she's not a racist. It's not about disliking people, it's about upholding the law of the land. People like you are the racists, but will never admitt it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Freed US student - brutalised' by North Korea c... Jun '17 Ronald 30
News Hillary is best candidate for U.S. president (Feb '08) Jul '16 Responsibilty 938
News Once again, Hispanics were considered for VP. O... (Jul '16) Jul '16 All For Show 1
News Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Jul '16 Lorenzo 247
News 'Double dippers' fought legislation (May '09) Apr '16 concerned citizen 56
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) Jan '16 Brian_G 30,923
News Janway: Plutonium has already been disposed at ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 texinnewmex 2
More from around the web