Murphy case brings new scrutiny to judicial appointment process (6:29 a.m.)

The process for appointing district court judges is under new scrutiny, in light of the recent indictment of a state district court judge from Las Cruces who's accused in a pay-to-play scheme. Read more
Sad

Azle, TX

#1 May 18, 2011
This makes me sad, Mike was a great lawyer when he was in Carlsbad. Did some great work for me. I hate to hear that this has gone down the way it has, ruining his career and life.
LIPP

Thoreau, NM

#2 May 18, 2011
I think it will be proven that he and his wife just gave Richardson a donation. Are all donations going to be considered pay to Play? If so is it pay to play that Martinez is looking to relax standers for Oil and Gas Companies..Whom gave her large donations...Is this Pay to Play? Is this something that compares to Gov. Martinez appointments and hires? Why has Murphy been singled out?

Since: Nov 08

Carlsbad, NM

#3 May 18, 2011
AS I understand he isn't the only Judge that paid for his appointment. A lady Judge in Albuquerque came forward and said she gave 4,000 dollars for her appointment.
Get off Martinez

Albuquerque, NM

#4 May 18, 2011
How absurd to keep blaming the Martinez. What side of brain didn't catch that this was pursued by Shultz? I am so tired of a hearing criminals and political freaks blaming her when the evidence that has been shown thus far would have absolutely nothing to do with her or politically motivated.
Stop kicking a dead horse, it's really getting OLD.
Yikes I am tired

Albuquerque, NM

#5 May 18, 2011
Omit the "the" before Martinez. add "the" before brain.

Typos = I need sleep.
Solomon

Carlsbad, NM

#6 May 18, 2011
Please, the politics are clear. If I can tag you to Bill Richardson, I score big. If I can show that you shot off your mouth, I score big.

Read the indictment and report here:

http://nmpolitics.net/Documents/MurphyIndictm...

courtesy of Heath Haussamen at nmpolitics.net

Now, when you read Dan Blair's report I ask that you use your critical eye and see if it adds up. I urge you to go to Heath's indepth coverage of this entire story. He delivers "just the facts Ma'am" but the spin that is attached in the blogosphere is amazing.

Dan Blair was an idiot when he was in Artesia and is probably a bigger idiot now that he has hitched his wagon to Matt-I-want-to-be-somebody-Cha ndler. Can you not read between the lines of the spin in this report.

Lisa Schultz is the "heroine" of this Greek tragedy. She would not go to the Judicial Standards Commission with her concerns because "they have complete power" over her. Lady, you need to resign your judgeship if an outside entity has "complete power" over you.

Murphy--IF you believe the report, said "If you want to be the next judge you need to contribute to the Democrat Party, put a check in an envelope every week in an amount you can afford and send it to the Democrat party through Edgar Lopez". How is that a bribe? A bribe (look it up on nmcourts.gov ) is when I say give me (money, sex, something) and I will see to it that you get (a contract, a job, a seat on the bench). Exactly how did Murphy BRIBE anyone. He stated a political fact: if you want to get the attention of the governor for a political appointment you need to show that you are a loyal member of the party. Democrat, Republican there is no difference.

Hatchet job does not begin to describe this mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Papers of Bill Richardson donated to University... Mar 21 otherpaper 2
News Columnist Navarrette: Sen. Ted Cruz Is 'Authent... Jan '15 wild child 4
News Bill Richardson: Susana Martinez Will Lose Oct '14 Quirky 5
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) Oct '14 Earthling-1 30,787
News Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Oct '14 Santa Fe looker 233
News Rodella eyes Rio Arriba sheriff's job (Apr '09) Sep '14 Darian Valdevia 30
News Letter: Governor Martinez has done a wonderful ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 justice is just a... 5
More from around the web