Magistrate Court, District 3 incumben...

Magistrate Court, District 3 incumbent touts her experience

There are 15 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Oct 10, 2010, titled Magistrate Court, District 3 incumbent touts her experience. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Magistrate Court Judge Olivia Nevarez-Garcia is hoping to retain her seat against Republican challenger Gary Sperling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

abc

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Oct 11, 2010
I am not advocating for Sperling, but I do know that Nevarez-Garcia is not very bright and she definitely does not know the law. Ask any local lawyer.

“ keep the loonies on the path.”

Since: Aug 10

Detroit

#2 Oct 11, 2010
Miss bi-lingual democrat related to half the town.....ENOUGH SAID! there is no way you should be on the bench. Step aside!
Valley Native

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Oct 11, 2010
It's interesting that there's no entry for education under Nevarez - Garcia. Truth is the only reason she got here first job with the courts was due to her political connections and resulting appointment.

As a voter, this speaks volumes.

And Your Point

United States

#4 Oct 11, 2010
Valley Native wrote:
It's interesting that there's no entry for education under Nevarez - Garcia. Truth is the only reason she got here first job with the courts was due to her political connections and resulting appointment.
As a voter, this speaks volumes.
More power to her! Take what you can get! Isn't that what politics is all about anyway. I have lived here all my life. It's not what you know, but who you know.
Just Because

United States

#5 Oct 11, 2010
Just because she is related to half the town, lived here all her life, she WILL WIN. You go Olivia!
Aggie Fan

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Oct 11, 2010
At least Sperling has a degree. How can Garcia be a Judge without advance education? The choice is simple, enough of the political connections.
LCV

AOL

#7 Oct 11, 2010
She's the judge who fined minor misdemeanors $200 each to people (including high school students making wrong turns) who couldn't afford it.

Even Tiger Woods (a billionaire) was only charged nearly $200 for all the crap he did.
Observer

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Oct 11, 2010
u know im right wrote:
Miss bi-lingual democrat related to half the town.....ENOUGH SAID! there is no way you should be on the bench. Step aside!
That's the first thing I thought when I read that comment about being related to half the town. This is NOT good!
Notsofast

United States

#9 Oct 11, 2010
I was a juror on a stalking case presided over by Ms Garcia. The proceedings were professional and Garcia did a fine job of refereeing.
She has my vote.
American Citizen

United States

#10 Oct 11, 2010
abc wrote:
I am not advocating for Sperling, but I do know that Nevarez-Garcia is not very bright and she definitely does not know the law. Ask any local lawyer.
I agree with you 100% I've had the chance to ask Sperling some questions and he has been able to answer them with great knowledge. Garcia doesn't even know what she is doing up there on the bench. Hell even Judge Judy listens to both sides of the story before making a decision, Garcia could learn something from this TV court room judge. You are so right she doesn't know the law. I understand that she is dismissing cases now........why??? does she think she is going to get their vote I doubt it just another reason to let you know she isn't very bright. My lawyer and several others that I know in town don't like her and agree she doesn't know the law. Dona Ana County it's time to boot her out.
American Citizen

United States

#11 Oct 11, 2010
Valley Native wrote:
It's interesting that there's no entry for education under Nevarez - Garcia. Truth is the only reason she got here first job with the courts was due to her political connections and resulting appointment.
As a voter, this speaks volumes.
So true it's who she knows because she doesn't know Shit wonder how many family member's she has left off the hook with out people knowing they are related???? Time to take a hike Viva Olivia maybe you can use your grown for graduation one of these days if you ever decide to get an education
LC Native

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Oct 12, 2010
And Your Point wrote:
<quoted text>
More power to her! Take what you can get! Isn't that what politics is all about anyway. I have lived here all my life. It's not what you know, but who you know.
So, you're saying politicians like Nevarez-Garcia are what we want for judges?

Look at the mess other politicians like Macias have made of our judicial system.

There's a reason why we have legislative and judicial branches that are separate.
lcp

Las Cruces, NM

#13 Oct 14, 2010
I believe And Your Point is being sarcastic.

LC Native, I sure agree with you about Macias. He's a total moron. He needs to GO!
Adios Amiga

Las Cruces, NM

#14 Nov 29, 2011
Don't let the door hit your ass

“ keep the loonies on the path.”

Since: Aug 10

Detroit

#16 Dec 18, 2011
abc wrote:
I am not advocating for Sperling, but I do know that Nevarez-Garcia is not very bright and she definitely does not know the law. Ask any local lawyer.
This little slut has no business on the bench. There will come a day when see her on the side of the road and gleefully pass her by.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governor's board picks ignored law (Dec '08) Aug '17 Banu Telliman 13
News Freed US student - brutalised' by North Korea c... Jun '17 Ronald 30
News Hillary is best candidate for U.S. president (Feb '08) Jul '16 Responsibilty 938
News Once again, Hispanics were considered for VP. O... (Jul '16) Jul '16 All For Show 1
News Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Jul '16 Lorenzo 247
News 'Double dippers' fought legislation (May '09) Apr '16 concerned citizen 56
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) Jan '16 Brian_G 30,922
More from around the web