Sound off! (April 25)

Sound off! (April 25)

There are 70 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Apr 25, 2011, titled Sound off! (April 25). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Someone is offended because Sound Off! is being used to anonymously blast Martinez.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Geez Louise

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Apr 25, 2011
"Some of us traditional white families don't want our kids watching videos that feature two boys kissing and holding hands either."

What does being "white" have to do with it.

I think any "traditional" family would think the same. Oh but wait......you are a "traditional WHITE" family, so you must be "special"......

It is people like you who give us white people a bad name.
Reader

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Apr 25, 2011
Geez Louise wrote:
"Some of us traditional white families don't want our kids watching videos that feature two boys kissing and holding hands either."
I think any "traditional" family would think the same. Oh but wait......you are a "traditional WHITE" family, so you must be "special"......
"What does being "white" have to do with it." Because, last week, a "traditional Hispanic" family (obviously also special) had the same complaint in Sound Off. People like you give you white people the "red-neck" title.
citizen joe

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Apr 25, 2011
Geez Louise wrote:
I don't want to see that crap either! I hate "Modern Family and GLEE" it turns my stomach! We're headed to hell in a handbasket.
Proud Native New Mexican

United States

#5 Apr 25, 2011
And what about us "Traditional Hispanic/White/Black families? Some families are "bi, tri, maybe even more racially mixed? Why isn't it just traditional family? Race doesn't have anything to do with shielding our children from something they don't understand. Isn't that why we rate movies? Our children should only be exposed to "age appropriate" information.

The sooner the adults get over the idea that race or color is important, the better of our children will be. Bigotry is a learned behavior.
What

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Apr 25, 2011
"When you get rid of your three barking, yappy dogs, I will get rid of my chimes."

We have 3 yappy dogs next door. Every time they are let out the back door they run down the passageway yapping. If anyone complains about it they get all upset and angry. When other neighbors make some noise during the day (building work, car horns etc) the yappy dog owners scream abuse at them and call the police. Maybe we need some wind chimes?
LCisDumb

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 25, 2011
HAHA I put up some wind chimes and the yappy dogs next door bark their little heads off when they hear them.

Listen! there goes the train! and a fire truck and a bunch of police. and there goes a Navy trainer plane and a life flight helicopter!.

and a boom car BOOMF>THUMPTHUMP>BOOMF >THUMP.
U Lie

Las Cruces, NM

#8 Apr 25, 2011
The President has announced the formation of yet another task force, this one in the Department of Justice to look for fraud and illegal manipulation of gasoline prices.

Republicans can point to the mostly-still-in-effect ban on deep water drilling off America's coasts, but it is not clear that enough oil would be produced to make a major dent.

There might be a bunch of guys sitting in a bar outside of Houston who are manipulating world oil prices - I'm serious; that could be - but it is far more likely that the resurgent economies in the BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) plus the fact that the world is close to having peaked in its ability to locate, drill for, and produce oil means more industrialized nations are chasing less oil.

Demand rising + Supplies dwindling = Prices increasing. Even I understand that.

Manufacturing almost anything takes oil. Moving raw materials to the factory, and moving the finished goods from point A to point B takes oil.

Rather than spending more millions of our tax dollars on even on more government employees looking into whether private companies are doing anything wrong, it would be nice if the President would look for ways to incent private companies to do something right.-- Rich Galen ( townhall.com )
just saying

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Apr 25, 2011
I LOVE MODERN FAMILY.

People have been and will always be gay. Get used to it.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Apr 25, 2011
U Lie wrote:
The President has announced the formation of yet another task force, this one in the Department of Justice to look for fraud and illegal manipulation of gasoline prices.
Republicans can point to the mostly-still-in-effect ban on deep water drilling off America's coasts, but it is not clear that enough oil would be produced to make a major dent....
Rather than spending more millions of our tax dollars on even on more government employees looking into whether private companies are doing anything wrong, it would be nice if the President would look for ways to incent private companies to do something right.-- Rich Galen ( townhall.com )
I can understand why right-winger Galen would want to keep attention off the banksters, speculators, and oil companies. that's what he's paid to do...defend th indefensible and justify corporate greed.

Galen kinda forgot to mention that $27 a barrel is directly attributable to speculation.("Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) commissioner Bart Chilton has explained, rampant oil speculation, which is at its highest level on record right now, is to blame for current prices.)

"Currently, the public knows very little about the oil speculation industry because a conservative majority on the CFTC has refused to implement a mandate from the Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform bill to curb abuses. Meanwhile, Republicans are pushing steep cuts to the CFTC, hampering any new rules on oil speculation that may be released later this summer...." http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/13/koch-indu...

Good Read: CRUDE PROFITEERING: AN OVERVIEW OF THE PRICE OF UNREGULATED OIL SPECULATORS http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2011/03/21/...
Carol Gomez

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Apr 25, 2011
Geez Louise wrote:
If you had been paying attention ... they were responding to the "traditional hispanic family" comment from last week.
You are all silly

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Apr 25, 2011
What wrote:
"When you get rid of your three barking, yappy dogs, I will get rid of my chimes."
We have 3 yappy dogs next door. Every time they are let out the back door they run down the passageway yapping. If anyone complains about it they get all upset and angry. When other neighbors make some noise during the day (building work, car horns etc) the yappy dog owners scream abuse at them and call the police. Maybe we need some wind chimes?
Once again thank GOD that my closest neighbor is over a half mile away!
Ive Heard

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Apr 25, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand why right-winger Galen would want to keep attention off the banksters, speculators, and oil companies. that's what he's paid to do...defend th indefensible and justify corporate greed.
Galen kinda forgot to mention that $27 a barrel is directly attributable to speculation.("Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) commissioner Bart Chilton has explained, rampant oil speculation, which is at its highest level on record right now, is to blame for current prices.)
"Currently, the public knows very little about the oil speculation industry because a conservative majority on the CFTC has refused to implement a mandate from the Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform bill to curb abuses. Meanwhile, Republicans are pushing steep cuts to the CFTC, hampering any new rules on oil speculation that may be released later this summer...." http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/13/koch-indu...
Good Read: CRUDE PROFITEERING: AN OVERVIEW OF THE PRICE OF UNREGULATED OIL SPECULATORS http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2011/03/21/...
It's Obama and ACORN that are behind the higher oil prices. Jon StewarD mentioned it on his show. Did you miss that?
Its The EPA

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Apr 25, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shell Oil Company has announced it must scrap efforts to drill for oil this summer in the Arctic Ocean off the northern coast of Alaska. The decision comes following a ruling by the EPA’s Environmental Appeals Board to withhold critical air permits. The move has angered some in Congress and triggered a flurry of legislation aimed at stripping the EPA of its oil drilling oversight.

Shell has spent five years and nearly $4 billion dollars on plans to explore for oil in the Beaufort and Chukchi Seas. The leases alone cost $2.2 billion. Shell Vice President Pete Slaiby says obtaining similar air permits for a drilling operation in the Gulf of Mexico would take about 45 days. He’s especially frustrated over the appeal board’s suggestion that the Arctic drill would somehow be hazardous for the people who live in the area.“We think the issues were really not major,” Slaiby said,“and clearly not impactful for the communities we work in.”

The closest village to where Shell proposed to drill is Kaktovik, Alaska. It is one of the most remote places in the United States. According to the latest census, the population is 245 and nearly all of the residents are Alaska natives. The village, which is 1 square mile, sits right along the shores of the Beaufort Sea, 70 miles away from the proposed off-shore drill site.

The EPA’s appeals board ruled that Shell had not taken into consideration emissions from an ice-breaking vessel when calculating overall greenhouse gas emissions from the project. Environmental groups were thrilled by the ruling."

Way to go EPA! Screw the consumers!
James Dale

Alamogordo, NM

#16 Apr 25, 2011
Proud Native New Mexican wrote:
And what about us "Traditional Hispanic/White/Black families? Some families are "bi, tri, maybe even more racially mixed? Why isn't it just traditional family? Race doesn't have anything to do with shielding our children from something they don't understand. Isn't that why we rate movies? Our children should only be exposed to "age appropriate" information.
The sooner the adults get over the idea that race or color is important, the better of our children will be. Bigotry is a learned behavior.
"..something they don't understand." Wrong. I understand it, but I don't approve. THAT'S why I don't want my young kids being exposed to it by a school.
just saying II

Las Cruces, NM

#17 Apr 25, 2011
just saying wrote:
I LOVE MODERN FAMILY.
People have been and will always be gay. Get used to it.
Just like there will always be some people who are pedophiles and some people who are schizophrenic and some people who are sociopaths,...

So, get used to it. NOT.
Quark

United States

#18 Apr 25, 2011
"Why is it that it is still snowing in Colorado, and Elephant Butte, EBID, can't decide when they are going to release the irrigation water?"

______

Talk about non sequitur!
Quark

United States

#19 Apr 25, 2011

_______

Heh! Did it ever occur to you that there are some traditional Hispanic, Asian, Native American or African-American families that don't like those types of videos either - It's called homophobia and it affects a LOT of people.
TheLostRoleModel

United States

#20 Apr 25, 2011
Quark wrote:
... or two black people kissing and holding hands, or one black male and one white women kissing and holding hands, or two jews kissing and holding hands, or sports other than nascar and golf, or two Muslims kissing and holding hands (unless they are cartoons with perfect American accents), etc. etc. etc.
TheLostRoleModel

United States

#21 Apr 25, 2011
...woman
Quark

United States

#22 Apr 25, 2011
"Donald Trump's consideration on the run for the office of the president has both the Democrats and the Republicans scared out of their boots. Donald Trump is a breath of fresh air in the political scene. He will get my vote."

________

The only way Donald Trump would be a "breath of fresh air" would be if you lived next door to the sewage treatment plant (and maybe not even then).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Freed US student - brutalised' by North Korea c... Jun '17 Ronald 30
News Hillary is best candidate for U.S. president (Feb '08) Jul '16 Responsibilty 938
News Once again, Hispanics were considered for VP. O... (Jul '16) Jul '16 All For Show 1
News Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Jul '16 Lorenzo 247
News 'Double dippers' fought legislation (May '09) Apr '16 concerned citizen 56
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) Jan '16 Brian_G 30,923
News Janway: Plutonium has already been disposed at ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 texinnewmex 2
More from around the web