One stays, one goes on SJC board

One stays, one goes on SJC board

There are 9 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Mar 2, 2011, titled One stays, one goes on SJC board. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

One may stay and one may go. Write-in candidate Matthew Tso was projected to replace incumbent candidate Eva Stokely in the District 1 seat for the San Juan College Board of Trustees, while incumbent John Thompson is projected to keep his District 5 seat, according to the county clerk's unofficial election results posted Tuesday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Good Grief

Farmington, NM

#1 Mar 2, 2011
Matthew I would not waste my time contacting Eva about pressing issues regarding student success. If she knew, she would have voiced her concerns long ago. She wasted the people time by sitting on the board and not voice those concerns. We need someone there who will move the issues forward.
Yeigo Matthew

Window Rock, AZ

#2 Mar 2, 2011
Great job young man on winning against a person as well known and established as Eva B. Stokely! Now is the time to get to work and be a strong voice and advocate for our people. With respect to Eva Stokely, she was nothing more than a rubber stamp for the Republicans and oil and gas interests on the Board. She failed to stand up for our students.

The current board is voting on whether or not to increase college tuition rates, and I trust that you will keep true to your promise to our students that you will keep college affordable and oppose and vote against the proposed tuition increases.
Puddin

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Bring it again you NEA hacks. Keep trying, keep spending your members dues tilting at windmills. It doesn't matter who you are running, or who you are running against. I would vote for a blind, three legged donkey before I would back a union candidate. We are not going to let the unions do to our college what they did to Detroit. When are you going to realize that instead of stirring up trouble here trying to unionize, you just need to go somewhere that embraces the unions. Better hurry though, before there is no place left. You will never have "seniority" here!
voter

Shiprock, NM

#4 Mar 2, 2011
Yeigo Matthew wrote:
Great job young man on winning against a person as well known and established as Eva B. Stokely! Now is the time to get to work and be a strong voice and advocate for our people. With respect to Eva Stokely, she was nothing more than a rubber stamp for the Republicans and oil and gas interests on the Board. She failed to stand up for our students.
The current board is voting on whether or not to increase college tuition rates, and I trust that you will keep true to your promise to our students that you will keep college affordable and oppose and vote against the proposed tuition increases.
great job young man,hope you listened to the young people.mrs.stokley never approach the young students as she never was effected nor never was productive as she is on S.A.S.I. school board.all she cares,is her stipends and going to out of state conferences.
SJC Insider

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Mar 2, 2011
There had been many complaints covered up by SJC Administrative staff. Some of Navajo employees were released as well irregardless of their complaints. Hardly a process of reviewing these complaints whether it's legitimate or not. A non-partisan complaints committee setup would have been prudent as least. I don't know if there is a criminal background check on all employees either. So I am hopeful that Matthew Tso can take on those challenges by working with the administrative staff.
Yay NO More Eva B

Window Rock, AZ

#6 Mar 2, 2011
About time she lost. Good job Matthew Tso and we all look forward to you stepping forward and standing up for our Dine' people and students. :)
Yay NO More Eva B

Window Rock, AZ

#7 Mar 2, 2011
Now it's time to get Eva B. off the SASI Board. Because of her she's been running the school into the ground and making decisions that have put the school in a $1 million budget hole.
dinewoman

Farmington, NM

#8 Mar 2, 2011
i do hope someone vouches for native american students at the college. the financial aid office needs revamped, and to retain more students the nac and retention office to collaborate with one another. it's ole administrative staff who are running the show.
Why

Farmington, NM

#9 Mar 2, 2011
does it matter what race you are at the college? Why should any one race get special treatment over any other?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Double dippers' fought legislation (May '09) Apr 20 concerned citizen 56
News Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Apr 11 Juanita T 246
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) Jan '16 Brian_G 30,932
News Janway: Plutonium has already been disposed at ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 texinnewmex 2
News Charges against official fuel state's corruptio... (Sep '15) Sep '15 fatbacksx 1
News Sheldon Adelson, Bill Richardson help Sen. Robe... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Gross receipt tax increase fails to pass (May '15) Jun '15 Ralph 6
More from around the web