Governor Martinez orders sale of NM state jet

The new governor's future is not up in the air. Gov. Susana Martinez said Monday she had ordered the sale of the state's "luxury" jet, an eight-seat 2005 Cessna Citation Bravo that cost $5.5 million. Full Story
Don Briggs

Roswell, NM

#1 Jan 10, 2011
She might need the ok of the legislative body for the sale of state airplane. It belongs to the state not the Governor
Mr McNeal

United States

#2 Jan 10, 2011
Maybe our hefty Gov. Martinez can channel Sarah Palin?
It seems Sarah has a lot of experience doing the flashy things like selling planes but telling a lot of lies about the process and the results.

Meanwhile, we're still looking for evidence Mrs. Chuck Franco is not still campaigning, but attempting to learn with the help of a lot of aides...about how to govern something larger than a staff of 12.

And the recall effort quietly has gathered a strong head of steam.
fly robin fly

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Jan 11, 2011
well maybe richardson will bid on the plane now, since he liked to put his fat asss in it so much, and also hire the 2 chefs that were stuffing his fat mouth that susana fired.
MILE2

Lovington, NM

#4 Jan 11, 2011
fly robin fly wrote:
well maybe richardson will bid on the plane now, since he liked to put his fat asss in it so much, and also hire the 2 chefs that were stuffing his fat mouth that susana fired.
DA DA DA DA! And the current HIGH BID:$5.99 by Diane Denish! LOL!
Erm

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Jan 11, 2011
I know that this, and the firing of Richardson's chefs, are mostly symbolic gestures.

But boy, they sure are nice symbolic gestures. We needed some reminder that Tubby Mc. North Korean's dictatorship is OVAH.
uh huh

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Jan 11, 2011
Erm wrote:
I know that this, and the firing of Richardson's chefs, are mostly symbolic gestures.
But boy, they sure are nice symbolic gestures. We needed some reminder that Tubby Mc. North Korean's dictatorship is OVAH.
i think one of the reasons susana fired the chefs, was because she didnt want to end up getting fat also, and save us taxpayers alot of $$$$$$$$$$ she has kept her word on the budget cuts,
The Guy

Artesia, NM

#7 Jan 11, 2011
Don Briggs wrote:
She might need the ok of the legislative body for the sale of state airplane. It belongs to the state not the Governor
Why? Richardson didn't need the legislature to buy it!
tejana fan

United States

#8 Jan 11, 2011
Mr McNeal wrote:
Maybe our hefty Gov. Martinez can channel Sarah Palin?
It seems Sarah has a lot of experience doing the flashy things like selling planes but telling a lot of lies about the process and the results.
Meanwhile, we're still looking for evidence Mrs. Chuck Franco is not still campaigning, but attempting to learn with the help of a lot of aides...about how to govern something larger than a staff of 12.
And the recall effort quietly has gathered a strong head of steam.
show um how we do it .
Dana

Santa Fe, NM

#9 Feb 28, 2011
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>i think one of the reasons susana fired the chefs, was because she didnt want to end up getting fat also, and save us taxpayers alot of $$$$$$$$$$ she has kept her word on the budget cuts,
Yeah, putting a bunch of people out of work and on the unemployment line really helps out...oh hurray! How about the fatso take a cut in her $110,000+ salary. She wants sacrifices as long as other people are doing it and not her.
Dana

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Feb 28, 2011
Erm wrote:
Yeah it's over idiot...only to have a new Tubby Mc 'I'm bought out by Big Oil from Texass' Martinez'

Susana Martinez putting people out of work for you! Yea, that will solve the problem. Now go tell her to make some of HER OWN sacrifices like maybe a cut in her $110,000+ salary. She still has a housekeeper and short order cook at the mansion (probably undocumented workers). So what happened with the "The first gentleman makes a mean bologna sandwich" bullshit? Oh, the short order cook will get that Susana...hubby is out playing golf.
E-Bay

Farmington, NM

#11 Feb 28, 2011
Yeah, sell that 5.5 million dollar jet on E-Bay for $12.99. Great deal for the Citizens Sue. If you don't want it and I am sure you really do want it, right Sue..... Why not donate the plane to Lifeline an organ transplant service? Do some good, eh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columnist Navarrette: Sen. Ted Cruz Is 'Authent... Jan 24 wild child 4
Bill Richardson: Susana Martinez Will Lose Oct '14 Quirky 5
Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) Oct '14 Earthling-1 30,788
Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Oct '14 Santa Fe looker 233
Rodella eyes Rio Arriba sheriff's job (Apr '09) Sep '14 Darian Valdevia 30
Letter: Governor Martinez has done a wonderful ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 justice is just a... 5
Martinez is most transparent governor in New Me... (May '14) Jun '14 seesi 4
More from around the web