Panel rolls back green building codes

Panel rolls back green building codes

There are 8 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Jun 11, 2011, titled Panel rolls back green building codes. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

A state commission voted Friday to repeal New Mexico's energy efficient building codes, becoming the second panel of gubernatorial appointees to move in as many days to roll back environmental initiatives that had been pushed by former Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

concerned citizen

Tularosa, NM

#1 Jun 12, 2011
This is the right thing to do. The codes that richardson had put in place increased the cost of a house by fifteen percent when houses are already not affordable. Gov. Martinez is doing the right thing by repealing these codes and making us the same as every other state in the nation. I applaud her and the CIC commission for taking a stand and stopping this nonsense.
Bob the Builder

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Jun 12, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
This is the right thing to do. The codes that richardson had put in place increased the cost of a house by fifteen percent when houses are already not affordable. Gov. Martinez is doing the right thing by repealing these codes and making us the same as every other state in the nation. I applaud her and the CIC commission for taking a stand and stopping this nonsense.
Not only that but green buildings can be hazardous to ones health
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/08/gr...

Since: Dec 08

Kerrville, TX

#3 Jun 12, 2011
The enviornmentalists said it was bad "politics" to repeal these rules. How about bad for the economy? Bad for individuals trying to buy a home. The only thing "bad" about repealing this nonsence is that it helps to thwart the liberal agenda of more government control.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

#4 Jun 13, 2011
The "Martinez effect" continues....screw the environment, as long as big business donators get the breaks they need..right Martinez????
Radiator Springs

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jun 13, 2011
Bob the Builder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that but green buildings can be hazardous to ones health
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/08/gr...
There's alot of "mays" and coulds", sounds like they really didn't research it really well. Remember the Sun MAY not rise tomorrow, or a COULD win the lottery tomorrow doesn't make it so. I'll bet I'll see the Sun tomorrow and won't be any richer.

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#6 Jun 13, 2011
Radiator Springs wrote:
<quoted text>
There's alot of "mays" and coulds", sounds like they really didn't research it really well. Remember the Sun MAY not rise tomorrow, or a COULD win the lottery tomorrow doesn't make it so. I'll bet I'll see the Sun tomorrow and won't be any richer.
When the Sun goes supernova, you'll only have 8 minutes to spend your riches.

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Jun 13, 2011
Daniel in Hobbs wrote:
The "Martinez effect" continues....screw the environment, as long as big business donators get the breaks they need..right Martinez????
And Richardson had no "big business" backing another regulated business? Include all the "retooling" costs, regulatory agencies, cost to the consumer and industries supplying the "green" building materials and you have an idea of what it means when you hear the phrase, "the more things change, the more they remain the same."
Fred

Cloudcroft, NM

#9 Jun 13, 2011
Greenies need to get lost.....We need to take advantage of all our resource available......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Richardson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary is best candidate for U.S. president (Feb '08) Jul '16 Responsibilty 938
News Once again, Hispanics were considered for VP. O... (Jul '16) Jul '16 All For Show 1
News Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) Jul '16 Lorenzo 247
News 'Double dippers' fought legislation (May '09) Apr '16 concerned citizen 56
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) Jan '16 Brian_G 30,923
News Janway: Plutonium has already been disposed at ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 texinnewmex 2
News Charges against official fuel state's corruptio... (Sep '15) Sep '15 fatbacksx 1
More from around the web