Review: Bluegrass masters' poetic deliveries draw on emotion | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch
The Musicians Against Childhood Cancer bluegrass festival drove away the heat last night in the Hoover Y-Park, not by coinciding with the cooling evening but by reaffirming the music's most durable qualities. Full Story
familyfirst

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Jul 23, 2011
sorry I missed this. My siblings and I like to sing bluegrass. Love Little Maggie, Shelly's winter love, On the wings of a snowy white dove, West Virginia by the Bluegrass Cardinals. From Cradle to Cross to Crown, Dont let Smokey mountain smoke get in your eyes, Medals for momma, etc.....nothing like Bluegrass, and a great cause.
Terry J Blake

Port Clinton, OH

#2 Jul 24, 2011
familyfirst wrote:
sorry I missed this. My siblings and I like to sing bluegrass. Love Little Maggie, Shelly's winter love, On the wings of a snowy white dove, West Virginia by the Bluegrass Cardinals. From Cradle to Cross to Crown, Dont let Smokey mountain smoke get in your eyes, Medals for momma, etc.....nothing like Bluegrass, and a great cause.
I agree, brother.
Thank you

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 29, 2011
My daughter and I have done the emcee work since the MACC began. I want to thank Darrel & Phyllis Adkins for starting this amazing organization to help children suffering from cancer and other life threatening illness. Their daughter Mandy Adkins was the inspiration for this festival. I want to thank the Dispatch for the various articles about the MACC over the years. Aside from Fox-28 last year, local television has basically ignored this major Columbus event that involves thousands of people every year, and that benefits local children as well as children around the world, and local business. I have seen the TV news programs blow air time on everything from garage sales, to pet tricks, and yet they consistently miss this important event. The Dispatch coverage of the MACC is proof that newspapers are still very relevant today, and without them we wouldn't get all the news we need. Thanks, John Tewell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Monroe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lonesome Will Mullins and the Virginia Playboys... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bear Pen Heathern 1
Compass Records Announces New Bluegrass Release... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Walker 2
Dailey & Vincent Nominated for GRAMMY (Jan '13) Jan '13 Rabman 1
Monroe-Style Mandolin Concert at Owensboro Symp... (Sep '07) Oct '12 ... 2
Lonesome Will Mullins Takes his Music to Carter... (Jan '10) May '12 Prater 6
Hot on the trail of bluegrass (Apr '12) Apr '12 Stacey Swanson 1
November 24 - Music from Scott Lindsey (Apr '10) Jan '12 like him or not 14