Preeminent Gospel Quartet, The Gaither Vocal Band, Becomes a Quintet

Jan 13, 2009 Full story: HolyCoast.com 13

Out with the old and in with the older. My readers who are also fans of Southern Gospel Music will find this item particularly interesting.

Full Story
Paul Furtney

Brampton, Canada

#1 Feb 19, 2009
I have NEVER been disappointed in any of the music performed by the Gaither Vocal Band, period!
I have followed the Band for a number of years, particularly from David Phelps' appearance in the group to present. I have purchased the "Reunion" DVD's and LOVE everything about them. Hearing, just now, that the Vocal Band is changing it's direction, intrigues me. I look forward to hearing from the group of five. Knowing the talent and having heard each member sing magnificently, you can't miss! I thank God for you regularly and look forward to your music ministry going forward. God bless each of you.
HGH

Gainesboro, TN

#2 Feb 21, 2009
I love the Gaithers. I have watched and listened to them for years. I have a lot of their CDS.
Wanda

AOL

#3 Mar 3, 2009
I have always loved the Gaither Vocal Band. I am so happy David and Mark are coming back. I have attended 3 Gaither events in the past and have seen David and Mark at other times. I am so happy they are coming back to the group. I believe it hurt the group when they both left. I am sorry to hear that Guy is leaving and I wish him the best.
Peter Reder

Altadena, CA

#4 Mar 5, 2009
I guess Mark was out of the picture, so he can spend time with his lovely girlfriend, JoAndra.
So glad you're coming back, Mark!
JoAndra Van Dowall

Altadena, CA

#6 Mar 7, 2009
To Peter Reder: Mark and I are not - or have ever - dated, let alone have even met one another. These allegations about us are false.
DMerry

Altadena, CA

#7 Mar 12, 2009
I think you're denying it because you don't want the media to get into it.

Since: Mar 09

Altadena, CA

#8 Mar 16, 2009
No, I don't want the media, or anyone else, spreading untrue stories.

Since: Mar 09

Altadena, CA

#9 Mar 16, 2009
I don't know why my name appears with either just my first or both first and last, so when you see both (from Pasadena, CA) it's me.

JoAndra Van Dowall
toni lowry

Redmond, WA

#10 May 25, 2010
i know this is a longshot, but i have to try. i have a dear friend who is in his mid 80's who has only 2 months to live (cancer). he has every gaither book in print, and been to almost every concert in dallas since they started. he recorded a song with our church group that i wrote and his dream since was to hear someone from the gaithers to sing it. is there anyone who can get through to them, and maybe one of them could possibly come and sing his song for him at his nursing home. if you can help, please hurry. his time is running out fast. thanks for any help and God bless. toni
Artessa

San Bernardino, CA

#11 May 29, 2011
I know you have/had nothing to do with all the gossip, JoAndra. Just because someone saw your pic of you holding A cd by Mark Lower, they wanted to start something. I'm on your side, regardless what others might say.
Hick

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Jun 2, 2011
Me can't get enough of JoAndra! OOo--byandby
Hick

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jun 2, 2011
And LOVE that chubby clerk at the store too!
leroyvandyke

Trenton, MI

#14 Oct 17, 2011
when is leroy delisle going to be back on tour? He's funny looking and gets laughs from everyone in the crowd because of his red face. he's just an old drunken bum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Gaither Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News & Notes (Feb '10) Oct 2 Music Acoustic Guy 11
Low attendance doesn't stop Bonifay Southern Go... Sep '14 fran 4
Anthony Burger, 44; Pianist Played With Gospel ... (Feb '06) May '14 PAULINE 27
Song about prodigal's father (Feb '07) Jan '14 Garry Kizer 10
Gaither's latest Homecoming (Mar '09) Sep '13 Ron 6
Faith in the music (Mar '10) Aug '13 bootsrandolph 3
Southern gospel with Bill Gaither (Nov '10) Feb '13 HarleyTeeFord 4

Bill Gaither People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE