Anthony Burger, 44; Pianist Played Wi...

Anthony Burger, 44; Pianist Played With Gospel Music's Gaithers

There are 27 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Feb 24, 2006, titled Anthony Burger, 44; Pianist Played With Gospel Music's Gaithers. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Anthony Burger, 44, the gospel pianist who played for the popular Gaither Homecoming shows, collapsed and died during a performance Wednesday on a Gaither Homecoming cruise out of Miami.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
patricia McCurry

Rock Hill, SC

#1 Feb 27, 2006
the world has last a wonderful person in the passing on of Anthony.I guess God need a piano player for all of His singers that have gone on recently.I know they are making beautiful music in Heaven. my hearfelt sympathy goes out to his Wife Lu ann and to his three children and to Bill and Gloria gaither and all the homecoming friends.I will miss you anthony.
Joe - Jerrye Hamlin

United States

#2 Feb 28, 2006
So sad to hear of Anthony's home going....Our deepest Sympathy to all the family, wife LuAnn, children and to Bill and Gloria Gaither and homecoming friends...we have been fans for years of this group....our love..
Debbie - Illilnois

Frisco, TX

#3 Feb 28, 2006
I was saddened to hear the passing of Anthony Burger. I had the priveledge to see him perform live twice with the Gaithers and enjoyed every minute. He was so gifted. He will be greatly missed, however his music will live on forever. My sympathy goes out to his family and all his friends.
God Bless
Linda - Orlando

Orlando, FL

#4 Feb 28, 2006
God's love and comfort be with Anthony's family and friends. Let us remember Anthony is with the Lord. I picture him meeting Vestal and Howard, Hovie, George and all the loved ones who went home before him. I wonder if Anthony is playing today and all of them are singing with him?
Lucille Godbout - Canada

Montréal, Canada

#5 Feb 28, 2006
Deepest sympathy to the Burger Family. I hadn't heard the news yet and last Friday, I brought Anthony's cd to work so that my colleagues could listen to it. Heard the news on Saturday - I am in shock - such a great pianist. He will surely be missed by all of us.
Cindy Barnes

Mount Aetna, PA

#6 Mar 1, 2006
From Harrisburg, PA: I was shocked and saddened when I heard of Anthony's passing on. My deepest sympathy to the Burger family and to Bill and Gloria, he will be missed alot.
Sue Watson

San Antonio, TX

#7 Mar 1, 2006
I just heard of Anthony passing on,so very sad for His wife and family.Also for the Gaithers.We all know he is in Heaven living now. That is Great Peace.
Amanda Oldfield

AOL

#8 Mar 1, 2006
What a shock to hear about the passing of Anthony. My heartfelt sympathy is extended to his family, and to the homecoming family as well. He will certainly be missed by everyone that loved his great music. He had a God gifted talent that he shared and touched many lives wherever he went. Thank you Anthony for your service here on earth.

Gloucester Point, Va
Lisa Attinger

Owosso, MI

#9 Mar 2, 2006
When I heard about the passing of Anthony Burger, I immediately thought now there is a man God has really blessed and made him shine through Jesus Christ. To be told as an young infant and child that he would not ever to be able have use of his hands, due to burns he received is devastating but God saw otherwise, and blessed Anthony with a God given talent of playing the piano. We all will miss Anthony but for Christians this is a celebration of his life and he had finished doing God's work. He died happy. By playing the piano, which he loved. We love you, Anthony and now you can play the piano in heaven with Jesus. Play it brother!
Lynn Campbell

Sudbury, Canada

#10 Mar 3, 2006
What a shock to hear of Anthony's passing! Attended a concert of his at Piat Lake in Michiganlast summer .Thoufgt I had died and gone to heaven sitting there listening to Anthony play . What an annointed musician !God bless his family and the Gaither family as well.We will miss you and know we will see you some day!!
Peggy Fedd

Shreveport, LA

#11 Mar 3, 2006
My heart has been so saddened at the passing away of Anthony. He was a great pianist and will be greatly missed. Love and prayers to his family and all the Gathier groupe.
Wolfgang Kailer - Germany

Ladenburg, Germany

#12 Mar 4, 2006
What a shock to hear of Anthony`s death. Our deepest sympathy to his wife Lu and her family, also to the Homecoming Friends. What a loss. For years me and my family enjoying the beautiful music of Bill, Gloria and their Friends. I will miss the outstanding piano playing of Anthony. We will keep the family in our prayers.
Dave Hill

Otterbein, IN

#13 Mar 8, 2006
I also was very shocked to hear of Anthony`s death.This is a great lost!My deepest sympathy also goes out to his wife,and children.and to those of the Gaither friends.His place at the piano will be hard to replace.Though,I know he is playing for the angle`s in Heaven! lookin down on his family and friends.Life is too short sometimes,but its not our call.My prayers are with you.
Barb

Canada

#14 Apr 30, 2006
just saw a special of Anothony with Bill G and at the end it showed he had died. How sad. Saw him in person in Saskatoon and could not beleive how talented he was and how he loved his piano.
The gather family , his family and all of us will really miss his wonderful talents.
Bill and Gloria have lost a lot of their special friends the past few years. I love to watch the older videos with all the old crew in.
virginia daniels

AOL

#15 May 13, 2006
I just can't imagine losing Anthony Burger...He will be greatly missed by all who knew him. I have been a long time fan and loved hearing him play the piano...What a shock...My heart goes out to his family, children and the Gaither family....He is at Peace now.
Virginia in Vero Beach, Fl
Dan - Denise Ginty

Pleasanton, CA

#16 Jun 3, 2006
Our thoughts and prayers are with Anthony, his family and the whole Gaither family. We have enjoyed the Gaither's for the past year or so when we heard one of the Homecoming shows on TV. We will miss Anthony.
Larissa

United States

#17 Feb 22, 2007
hi miley i'm emailing zac efron now
Carol Grinnell

Syracuse, NY

#18 Apr 23, 2007
I enjoyed Anthony Burger's piano playing enormously. I was fascinated by how fast he played and the big smile on his face as he played. I will miss him a lot. My sympathy goes out to his family and friends.
Jeri Dodd Haskins

AOL

#19 Jul 19, 2007
Just bought a new CD buy Anothy Burger. I miss him so much. Decided to "look him up".If Anthony is not in heaven is there any hope for the rest of us? 7-19-2007
Judy Davidson

AOL

#20 Aug 20, 2007
We never know what each day holds for each of us. The passing of Anthony Burger was our loss and heaven's gain. I think of him often as I do all of those who have passed on to Heaven from the Gaither Friends and Family. Anthony's music is now filling all of heaven while all those gone on before him enjoy his music as much as all who knew him did. I am keeping his wife and children in our prayers. My prayers go to the Gaither Friends and Family. What a GREAT meeting in heaven when we all get to see and hear Anthony fill all of Heaven as we sing once more with him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Gaither Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gaither Vocal Band will highlight concert in Ca... Jun '15 JBLONG 1
News News & Notes (Feb '10) Oct '14 Music Acoustic Guy 11
News Low attendance doesn't stop Bonifay Southern Go... (Jul '14) Sep '14 fran 4
Song about prodigal's father (Feb '07) Jan '14 Garry Kizer 10
News Gaither's latest Homecoming (Mar '09) Sep '13 Ron 6
News Faith in the music (Mar '10) Aug '13 bootsrandolph 3
News Southern gospel with Bill Gaither (Nov '10) Feb '13 HarleyTeeFord 4
More from around the web