Detroit Schools releases details of p...

Detroit Schools releases details of parade, rally

There are 1 comment on the WLNS-TV Lansing story from Aug 24, 2010, titled Detroit Schools releases details of parade, rally. In it, WLNS-TV Lansing reports that:

The Big Green Bookworm and Energy Innovators will be 2 of the floats featured in the Detroit Public Schools parade and back to school rally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLNS-TV Lansing.

Tony

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2010
It's all about hype. Parades and painting doors blue does nothing for the educational process. These efforts are aimed at selling as many seats as possible and collecting state funds. Occasionally you hear teacher groups talk about class size and such, but the classroom strategy is generally haphazard. Follow the money. They have hundreds of millions to spend and hundreds of more spent than taken in. The leaders are having fun until the end. What happens in the end? The state supplies more money and the leaders recycle themselves like musical chairs. It's fun to watch from a distance. I'll be interested to see how close they come to the 77K attendance figure and whether they can retain them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Cosby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill Cosby: Still Loved In Canada Despite Being... (Jan '15) May 25 the guy addmits it 3
News US manufacturer of Oreo begins building new Bah... (Jan '15) May 24 Three Days Paleo 7
News 'I've been living a lie for so long': Morbidly ... May 21 Three Days 1
News Bill Cosby spends millions as lawsuits, crimina... May 20 abdul 1
News My teen is hoarding bread rolls because she hat... May 4 Three Days 1
News Never pee before sex, use a pillow to conceive ... Apr '16 sunshine63 2
News Saudi transvestite faces prison or LASHES after... Apr '16 Retired SOF 5
More from around the web