Philly mayor chides black parents ove...

Philly mayor chides black parents over teen mobs

There are 40 comments on the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Aug 13, 2011, titled Philly mayor chides black parents over teen mobs. In it, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter is channeling his inner Bill Cosby and giving straight talk to the city's black community in the wake of a string of violent assaults by teen mobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#1 Aug 13, 2011
Blacks acting wild again.

“Awkward Black Chick”

Since: Jul 11

Northern Calfiornia

#2 Aug 14, 2011
Okay cue the sounds of trolls from outside of America coming to this post talking about shit they know nothing about. And if you are from London or Germany, gtfo!

And as I say on this board- where are the black fathers? Busy banging fat ww and blaming ish on the black mothers. I would rather have an abortion than be knocked up by a black man-they abandon children like trash.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Aug 14, 2011
emperorjohn wrote:
Blacks acting wild again.
I am with Chris Rock on this issue. Please don't use the word black to describe these teens or their parents. There's another term for them and their behavior. These are the children of mothers constantly say "my baby never hurt nobody." They are enablers who do not discipline their children and don't want anyone else too. These are the parents who sit idly by and know their kids sell drugs but justify it by saying their helping their family. These are the parents that find things in their home they know they didn't buy for their kids but don't question it and if the police show up will lie and say they bought it. They will hide drugs, guns and their children but what they won't do is teach their children to do the right thing. They're also the parents that constantly cuss their children out and refer to a three year old as a b$tard or little mofo. Ignorant beyond redemption and in no way black but definitely the other word.

That's how these so-called children can run rampant in the streets attacking people and smashing things, they're out of control because there has never been any control or discipline in their lives. It is way past time that the parents and the children need to be called out by BLACKS about their behavior and lack of decency and responsibility. No more damn excuses!

Location hidden

#4 Aug 14, 2011
I Date White Men wrote:
Okay cue the sounds of trolls from outside of America coming to this post talking about shit they know nothing about. And if you are from London or Germany, gtfo!
And as I say on this board- where are the black fathers? Busy banging fat ww and blaming ish on the black mothers. I would rather have an abortion than be knocked up by a black man-they abandon children like trash.
Whites don't have anything to do with this. If the fathers aren't around, it's the mothers responsibility to try and raise her children to do the right thing. There's many single, black, mothers who have raised children to do what is right. It's helpful if the fathers are there but it in no way excuses the behavior of these children. They know damn well what they're doing is wrong.

Making excuses for bad or wrong behaviors within the black community is a major problem. To be sure, we have outside forces and influences that are intent on destroying us but that doesn't mean we have to allow it. Loving our children and being good parents is teaching them to do what is right and making them strong enough to survive without us. Enabling a child who does wrong only makes them weak as others will not enable them nor will they love them like we do. The world is cruel and getting crueler, raising weak children with no self-control, morals or values opens them up to the dangers of violence, imprisonment or death and we as a people have witnessed this first-hand so when are we going to learn?

oh _ ReaIIy _ __

“Shove your "Warnings"”

where da sun don't shine....

#5 Aug 14, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>I am with Chris Rock on this issue. Please don't use the word black to describe these teens or their parents. There's another term for them and their behavior. These are the children of mothers constantly say "my baby never hurt nobody." They are enablers who do not discipline their children and don't want anyone else too. These are the parents who sit idly by and know their kids sell drugs but justify it by saying their helping their family. These are the parents that find things in their home they know they didn't buy for their kids but don't question it and if the police show up will lie and say they bought it. They will hide drugs, guns and their children but what they won't do is teach their children to do the right thing. They're also the parents that constantly cuss their children out and refer to a three year old as a b$tard or little mofo. Ignorant beyond redemption and in no way black but definitely the other word.
That's how these so-called children can run rampant in the streets attacking people and smashing things, they're out of control because there has never been any control or discipline in their lives. It is way past time that the parents and the children need to be called out by BLACKS about their behavior and lack of decency and responsibility. No more damn excuses!
Sure,....NOW you don't want their color announced.
But when it's about

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TVR4K7HL20DV8...
or

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TE4E5JBUM50PK...

....skin color is the FIRST word you want used.

lol...you're pitiful.
ADV

Plainfield, IN

#6 Aug 14, 2011
oh _ ReaIIy ___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure,....NOW you don't want their color announced.
But when it's about
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TVR4K7HL20DV8...
or
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TE4E5JBUM50PK...
....skin color is the FIRST word you want used.
lol...you're pitiful.
That's what's better known as being a hypocrite.......

Location hidden

#7 Aug 14, 2011
This is what is known as MIND YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS! It's of concern to blacks not WHITE RACIST POS!
ADV

Plainfield, IN

#8 Aug 14, 2011
bappie wrote:
This is what is known as MIND YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS! It's of concern to blacks not WHITE RACIST POS!
MYOB....on a PUBLIC forum......lmWHITEao.......
Raspberries the dumb b.........

oh _ ReaIIy _ __

“Shove your "Warnings"”

#9 Aug 14, 2011
bappie wrote:
oh, ReallY. Then I guess all your "don't call them black it has nothing to do with being black" bullsht just got flushed down the toilet, right?

oh _ ReaIIy _ __

“Shove your "Warnings"”

#10 Aug 14, 2011
ADV wrote:
<quoted text>
MYOB....on a PUBLIC forum......lmWHITEao.......
Raspberries the dumb b.........
Bappie wrote:
... Had the nerve to tell me to leave his forum, lol. You all can post on any forum on Topix, JUST LIKE THEY DO!
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TCA8OISHMGMTD...
ADV

Plainfield, IN

#11 Aug 14, 2011
oh _ ReaIIy ___ wrote:
Got her hypocritical ass handed to her on her OWN thread......lmao.......

“OccultKilla Of Megalomanics!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#12 Aug 14, 2011
The mayor is correct. Why tear up a city just b/c a social program is over?

Why kill out your own environment when complete dependency of the Government have failed?

Why put self at risk over a crashing society?

Now, equate that same madness to Greece, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Gaza, Philistine, Lebanon, Italy, Israel, Ireland, Scotland, France, Portugal, Spain, & England.

Instead of a low-level mayor hollering about the youth tearing up the city of Philly, why not address the issue of a grand scale democracy in Europe being compromised where the non-Black youth is tearing up b/c they too have been betrayed by their own government?

This is not a Black issue but rather a GLOBAL one. Wake up people.
TAP

Chicago, IL

#14 Aug 14, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Whites don't have anything to do with this. If the fathers aren't around, it's the mothers responsibility to try and raise her children to do the right thing. There's many single, black, mothers who have raised children to do what is right. It's helpful if the fathers are there but it in no way excuses the behavior of these children. They know damn well what they're doing is wrong.
Making excuses for bad or wrong behaviors within the black community is a major problem. To be sure, we have outside forces and influences that are intent on destroying us but that doesn't mean we have to allow it. Loving our children and being good parents is teaching them to do what is right and making them strong enough to survive without us. Enabling a child who does wrong only makes them weak as others will not enable them nor will they love them like we do. The world is cruel and getting crueler, raising weak children with no self-control, morals or values opens them up to the dangers of violence, imprisonment or death and we as a people have witnessed this first-hand so when are we going to learn?
Good post. The blame game is also what enables these kids. They grow up with the same attitudes. Those kids grow up not knowing how to do anything for themselves especially the males except how to accessorize their clothes like women. That is why so many of them are gay now. And what the hell is a pretty boy thug!

Location hidden

#15 Aug 14, 2011
Ezra_Yisrael1970 wrote:
The mayor is correct. Why tear up a city just b/c a social program is over?
Why kill out your own environment when complete dependency of the Government have failed?
Why put self at risk over a crashing society?
Now, equate that same madness to Greece, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Gaza, Philistine, Lebanon, Italy, Israel, Ireland, Scotland, France, Portugal, Spain, & England.
Instead of a low-level mayor hollering about the youth tearing up the city of Philly, why not address the issue of a grand scale democracy in Europe being compromised where the non-Black youth is tearing up b/c they too have been betrayed by their own government?
This is not a Black issue but rather a GLOBAL one. Wake up people.
Perhaps, Sis, but the problem in Philly is young people running amok and terrorizing a city and there may angst among the young people of the world and they're acting out or wilding out but one thing at a time and this issue, in Philly, needs to be addressed and the responsibility falls on the parents or parent to control their child for their own peace of mind. If they don't discipline their children now, others will do it for them and they will not enable them, love them or do it with patience or kindness. Do you feel me on this one?

Location hidden

#17 Aug 14, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps, Sis, but the problem in Philly is young people running amok and terrorizing a city and there may angst among the young people of the world and they're acting out or wilding out but one thing at a time and this issue, in Philly, needs to be addressed and the responsibility falls on the parents or parent to control their child for their own peace of mind. If they don't discipline their children now, others will do it for them and they will not enable them, love them or do it with patience or kindness. Do you feel me on this one?
I do feel you on this key issue but the problem is and always will be is economics. Philly does not have true economical investments for the youth in that city based on the fact that all of these states are broke. I feel that the fed-gov have completely ostracized economical development programs to cut funding--this helps pay for an otherwise expensive war.

Again, this isn't a Black youth problem. It's a cutting of Social programs problem. The media is great for sensationalism but not real good on exposing what's going on world wide. There are young people in the same boat over seas via Europe doing the exact same thing but it is not addressed which makes me think that Black people are the target group for exploitation of wrong doing.

It's true that Blacks are tearing up and the parents should be held accountable if they are behaving as parents; however, what's a young person to do without a job? People are saying get a job but who is responsible for hiring all these young BM? White corporations that's who and they are not hiring BP.

I'm not discounting what you are saying but this problem is extremely GLOBAL and when we all see how GLOBAL it really is, then we all will be out of excuses when it comes to the Fed-Gov playing economic tag with the youth and its populous.
TAP

Chicago, IL

#18 Aug 14, 2011
Ezra_Yisrael1970 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do feel you on this key issue but the problem is and always will be is economics. Philly does not have true economical investments for the youth in that city based on the fact that all of these states are broke. I feel that the fed-gov have completely ostracized economical development programs to cut funding--this helps pay for an otherwise expensive war.
Again, this isn't a Black youth problem. It's a cutting of Social programs problem. The media is great for sensationalism but not real good on exposing what's going on world wide. There are young people in the same boat over seas via Europe doing the exact same thing but it is not addressed which makes me think that Black people are the target group for exploitation of wrong doing.
It's true that Blacks are tearing up and the parents should be held accountable if they are behaving as parents; however, what's a young person to do without a job? People are saying get a job but who is responsible for hiring all these young BM? White corporations that's who and they are not hiring BP.
I'm not discounting what you are saying but this problem is extremely GLOBAL and when we all see how GLOBAL it really is, then we all will be out of excuses when it comes to the Fed-Gov playing economic tag with the youth and its populous.
Economic is an enabler. Poor whites from the trailer parks are not going around slaughtering each other every year. Poor Kids in Ethiopia are not doing it as well. A job? Plant some corn for your momma or some beans. Thats a job. I did it everyday after school I worked on my grandfathers farm. I did not get paid money, but we ate all year around. Money is greed, envy, jealousy and nothing good ever comes from money in the end. Getting what makes you jealous of another person does not satisfy your jealousy. Blonde hair did not satisfy lil kim, she had to get a boob job, nose job. Skin bleach did not satisfy MJ, he had to get a nose job, facial reconstruction. Black are jealous of what whites have. That jealousy will make us kill each other like bugs, sell each other drugs, women sell their bodies and humiliate themselves, mak others call their boys the nword. It is all jealousy. So if you think giving blacks more money is an answer it is not. It will only make other blacks jealous of them. Their is no win win it comes to money. Haven't you watched the news. Instead of saving your money, men get jealous and want to invest it like that hot shot who got big car and house, and they get took! This society is geared of jealousy, this look better than that and so on. BP answer is not money. BP answer is being thankful what they already have and making use of that. The world is balanced. It is not created to harbor greed! Go against that and you die off. Plain and simple.

Location hidden

#20 Aug 14, 2011
TAP wrote:
<quoted text>
Economic is an enabler. Poor whites from the trailer parks are not going around slaughtering each other every year. Poor Kids in Ethiopia are not doing it as well. A job? Plant some corn for your momma or some beans. Thats a job. I did it everyday after school I worked on my grandfathers farm. I did not get paid money, but we ate all year around. Money is greed, envy, jealousy and nothing good ever comes from money in the end. Getting what makes you jealous of another person does not satisfy your jealousy. Blonde hair did not satisfy lil kim, she had to get a boob job, nose job. Skin bleach did not satisfy MJ, he had to get a nose job, facial reconstruction. Black are jealous of what whites have. That jealousy will make us kill each other like bugs, sell each other drugs, women sell their bodies and humiliate themselves, mak others call their boys the nword. It is all jealousy. So if you think giving blacks more money is an answer it is not. It will only make other blacks jealous of them. Their is no win win it comes to money. Haven't you watched the news. Instead of saving your money, men get jealous and want to invest it like that hot shot who got big car and house, and they get took! This society is geared of jealousy, this look better than that and so on. BP answer is not money. BP answer is being thankful what they already have and making use of that. The world is balanced. It is not created to harbor greed! Go against that and you die off. Plain and simple.
Um, the last time I checked, money is a tool to obtain a lifestyle.

I can grow my own vegetables and eat from it but if I don't have money to pay a mortgage, rental space, water, light, or gas bill, then I'm not living--I'm existing.

Besides, true money is not paper but rather gemology such as gold, silver, diamonds, rubies, etc. Now to address the greed issue:

Do you know that everyone could live monotone if everyone was given the same opportunity? If everyone in America could be given land, a true bartering system of living off products, cutting usury out as form of money by replacing it with shared products, and basic living concepts, then perhaps you are right.

Unfortunately, you do not live in that state of Babylon. You live in a energy-infused technological advanced moderate society where workmanship is a necessity if you expect to have capital gain. Even if you prefer to live off the land, the land you live on is full of technology where 'big brother' wakes you and puts your ass to sleep.

Sorry but what you typed is a strange utopia type fantasy that does not exist in the Western world. You need economics to keep head above water period.
TAP

Chicago, IL

#21 Aug 14, 2011
Ezra_Yisrael1970 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can grow my own vegetables and eat from it but if I don't have money to pay a mortgage, rental space, water, light, or gas bill, then I'm not living--I'm existing.
Besides, true money is not paper but rather gemology such as gold, silver, diamonds, rubies, etc. Now to address the greed issue:
Do you know that everyone could live monotone if everyone was given the same opportunity? If everyone in America could be given land, a true bartering system of living off products, cutting usury out as form of money by replacing it with shared products, and basic living concepts, then perhaps you are right.
Unfortunately, you do not live in that state of Babylon. You live in a energy-infused technological advanced moderate society where workmanship is a necessity if you expect to have capital gain. Even if you prefer to live off the land, the land you live on is full of technology where 'big brother' wakes you and puts your ass to sleep.
Sorry but what you typed is a strange utopia type fantasy that does not exist in the Western world. You need economics to keep head above water period.
It is not. It is strange because when it comes down to it that is what you truly believe in. The devils money. You believe in his power whether you admit it or not. Its in your writings. Blacks could have spent their money collectively and bought the whole state of Michigan, not new Cadillac and city owned playgrounds. What happened to the Africa, money, what happened to egypt, money, what happened to Rome, money. You are a slave to your own thinking. Our children are slaves to the god they worship. The devils money. You cannot fix it, you cannot rationalize it with a degree in sociology or a job program for teens in the summer. Every dollar we make only fuels his machine. Your economic mishaps are a dream, a delusion. Parents are not raising or taking responsibility for their children. They think money is the answer, without it, it then becomes an excuse. Those children are acting that way because they are lost in the devils hell that their parents are not strong enough mentally to free themselves from. How come an immigrant can make 18hr between the two parents and live and raise a family but we can't? It's their mindset. It is the black races jealousy and greed that has put us in this situation. Also their respect for devils. That respect makes a black youth rob my house when I have hardly nothing and give it to the guy driving the new car who sells him his drugs. Why not rob him? He fears him and respects him. I have nothing so he doesn't respect me. I am not as good as the other guy in the new car. It is why my woman will curse me out cause I left the juice out but go to work and take all kinds of shyt from her boss and coworkers if they are in with the boss. Their is no utopia in your money made environment. It only breeds class and all other types of discrimination. You want to change things for the black race, then get them off their knees worshiping the devils trinkets. They have no guidance and you cant buy it with social programs or a good job. We have to break free mentally and physically from this hell. It will never be any other way.
TAP

Chicago, IL

#22 Aug 14, 2011
Ezra_Yisrael1970 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not. It is strange because when it comes down to it that is what you truly believe in. The devils money. You believe in his power whether you admit it or not. Its in your writings. Blacks could have spent their money collectively and bought the whole state of Michigan, not new Cadillac and city owned playgrounds. What happened to the Africa, money, what happened to egypt, money, what happened to Rome, money. You are a slave to your own thinking. Our children are slaves to the god they worship. The devils money. You cannot fix it, you cannot rationalize it with a degree in sociology or a job program for teens in the summer. Every dollar we make only fuels his machine. Your economic mishaps are a dream, a delusion. Parents are not raising or taking responsibility for their children. They think money is the answer, without it, it then becomes an excuse. Those children are acting that way because they are lost in the devils hell that their parents are not strong enough mentally to free themselves from. How come an immigrant can make 18hr between the two parents and live and raise a family but we can't? It's their mindset. It is the black races jealousy and greed that has put us in this situation. Also their respect for devils. That respect makes a black youth rob my house when I have hardly nothing and give it to the guy driving the new car who sells him his drugs. Why not rob him? He fears him and respects him. I have nothing so he doesn't respect me. I am not as good as the other guy in the new car. It is why my woman will curse me out cause I left the juice out but go to work and take all kinds of shyt from her boss and coworkers if they are in with the boss. Their is no utopia in your money made environment. It only breeds class and all other types of discrimination. You want to change things for the black race, then get them off their knees worshiping the devils trinkets. They have no guidance and you cant buy it with social programs or a good job. We have to break free mentally and physically from this hell. It will never be any other way. I have to go. You can have the last word. Good day.

Location hidden

#23 Aug 14, 2011
@Tap:

Money is a TOOL not POWER. Anybody can have a TOOL but not all of us possess POWER.

Take away money, then POWER can be lost but if you have money, you can use it as a tool to gain POWER. Comprehend?

Worship money? I doubt it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Cosby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Muhlenberg withdraws honorary degree to Cosby (Oct '15) Sep 1 silly rabbit 12
News How menopause 'crushes your motivation to exerc... Aug '16 Serratus Anterior 1
News Keshia Knight Pulliam Porn (Jan '08) Jul '16 Cheche pop 21
News Bill Cosby Is Reportedly Now 'Completely Blind'... Jul '16 Tutu 1
News Bill Cosby -- I Got My Quaaludes from a Gynecol... (Jul '15) Jul '16 pailrider 138
News Bill Cosby: Still Loved In Canada Despite Being... (Jan '15) Jul '16 Slave Master 5
News Newspaper: Man given clemency in murder case fa... Jun '16 LGBT for NCexit a... 1
More from around the web