Interview: Juan Williams, 'Weirdo'

Interview: Juan Williams, 'Weirdo'

There are 7 comments on the National Review Online story from Jul 25, 2011, titled Interview: Juan Williams, 'Weirdo'. In it, National Review Online reports that:

And the Archie Bunker liberals who fired him. I n his new book, Muzzled: The Assault on Honest Debate , Juan Williams talks about the intolerance he encountered even before being fired by National Public Radio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Review Online.

Nate Ziggas

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Jul 25, 2011
One NPR news executive told me directly that having on staff a black man with social conservative views who was personal friends with conservatives infuriated NPR’s old guard,” you write in Muzzled.“They were unhappy with Enough, in which I had praised Bill Cosby for his critique of black leaders. It was clear they wanted me out the door, the same executive said, because I did not fit their view of how a black person thinks — my independence of thought, my willingness to listen to a wide range of views, and my strong journalistic credentials be damned.” What is that about? Does it expose some deep-seated ideological flaw? Is it groupthink? Racism? How do you make sense of it?

JUAN WILLIAMS: They see any black conservative as a weirdo. And that is the polite way to say it. The impolite version is to call me a sell-out and an Uncle Tom. In the middle of my controversial firing, one journalist said I deserved to be fired and humiliated because I appear on Fox and debate conservatives —“sleep with dogs, get fleas.” What I can reliably report about the mindset of NPR Washington managers is that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are the real black leaders and civil-rights leaders. Clarence Thomas, Condi Rice, black ministers, and social conservatives on the other hand, to their mind are properly portrayed as aberrant and not really black. They offer a very limited range of political voices from the black community on the theory that anyone who is not a Jackson–Sharpton liberal is out of line, does not represent how black people really think. This is the all-black-people-think-alike school of journalism. I find it offensive and said so throughout my time there.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 25, 2011
Wawawawaw! Who cares about Juan Williams. Faux should hire the crybaby. He's telling his white massas' exactly what they want to hear.

Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Cornel West, nor Tavist Smiley represent the black community. They are self-promoters same as Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, etc. These people don't represent the entire white race nor white people's opinions.

FAIL! LOL

And you will constantly FAIL. You are a racist. You are a malcontent and no BLACK PERSON IS EVER GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU OR YOUR POINT OF VIEW, IDIOT!
Nate Ziggas

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Jul 25, 2011
bappie wrote:
Wawawawaw! Who cares about Juan Williams. Faux should hire the crybaby. He's telling his white massas' exactly what they want to hear.
Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Cornel West, nor Tavist Smiley represent the black community. They are self-promoters same as Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, etc. These people don't represent the entire white race nor white people's opinions.
FAIL! LOL
And you will constantly FAIL. You are a racist. You are a malcontent and no BLACK PERSON IS EVER GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU OR YOUR POINT OF VIEW, IDIOT!
Who cares about Juan Williams?

Only educated people seem to care about him, which obviously does not include you.
Nate Ziggas

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Jul 25, 2011
bappie wrote:
Faux should hire the crybaby.
It is funny how so many negroes have an opinion of Foxnews, but clearly have never even watched it once.
bappie wrote:
He's telling his white massas' exactly what they want to hear.
He is giving his opinion, which is clearly more educated than yours.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5 Jul 25, 2011
Nate Ziggas wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny how so many negroes have an opinion of Foxnews, but clearly have never even watched it once.
<quoted text>
He is giving his opinion, which is clearly more educated than yours.
Yeah, sure. While you call blacks the "N" word and disparage them every chance you get this "colored" man sticks up for racists like you. What man of any race would support someone tearing him down? Ever think about that, idiot? Only someone with a great deal of self-hate and no self-esteem and that would be the Juan Williams of the world.

Why would anyone with any sense watch a news program that is clearly propaganda whether it was right or left wing? The only credited journalist is O'Reilly. The rest are high school graduates(if that) paid "actors" reading from a teleprompter. Who prepares the gibberish they read?

The owner of that farce of a news channel has already been outed in several countries as a low-down piece of trash. It's not surprising that trash such as yourself would gravitate towards such a tawdry news channel, lol.

Intelligent people stay far away from such childish tripe. You're spoon fed and you swallow every last drop.
Nate Ziggas

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Jul 25, 2011
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sure. While you call blacks the "N" word and disparage them every chance you get this "colored" man sticks up for racists like you. What man of any race would support someone tearing him down? Ever think about that, idiot? Only someone with a great deal of self-hate and no self-esteem and that would be the Juan Williams of the world.
Juan Williams is an American, not a negro like you. He wants to keep what he has worked for, unlike you, that depends on taking from those that do work.
bappie wrote:
Why would anyone with any sense watch a news program that is clearly propaganda whether it was right or left wing?
Yet you sit there hypnotized by MSNBC day after day after day...lol
bappie wrote:
The only credited journalist is O'Reilly. The rest are high school graduates(if that) paid "actors" reading from a teleprompter. Who prepares the gibberish they read?
Really? Last I checked they have many lawyers, judges, economists and folks that have served under a variety of presidents working there. Do you care to give any examples of what you are claiming?
bappie wrote:
The owner of that farce of a news channel has already been outed in several countries as a low-down piece of trash.
Please provide an example of anyone proving anything about Rupert Murdoch, other than he is wildly successful, very wealthy and welfare parasites like you hate him...?
bappie wrote:
It's not surprising that trash such as yourself would gravitate towards such a tawdry news channel, lol.
Intelligent people stay far away from such childish tripe. You're spoon fed and you swallow every last drop.
I do not really watch FNC much. I know Juan Williams from PBS. I spend most of my TV time on MSNBC so I can find new material from the hypocrites on the left.
Aidan Abet

Silver Spring, MD

#7 Jul 25, 2011
"I do not really watch FNC much. I know Juan Williams from PBS. I spend most of my TV time on MSNBC so I can find new material from the hypocrites on the left."

LOL... That's the same reason watch FNC! Juan Williams is ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Cosby Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For 1 Cosby accuser, a day in court awaits (Dec '14) Nov 10 Herman Cain Alzo 2
News Cosby hires Michael Jackson's lawyer for sex as... Oct 24 Anonymous 10
News Appeals court to consider defamation case again... Oct '17 Sic Em 2
News Cosby hires Michael Jackson's lawyer for sex as... Aug '17 Ex Senator Stillb... 6
News Working with Cosby? Tiffany Haddish says she wa... Jul '17 really 1
News Cosby's retrial on sex assault charges set for ... Jul '17 Zach 2
News Jury questions posed during Bill Cosby's sex as... Jun '17 Just Sayin 19
More from around the web