Give Bryson's memoir to kids: It expl...

Give Bryson's memoir to kids: It explains a lot

There are 1 comment on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 19, 2007, titled Give Bryson's memoir to kids: It explains a lot. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Bill Bryson, a humorist and a travel writer who has taken us on amusing journeys along the Appalachian Trail and across time and the cosmos, has turned his wit and his memory to growing up in the middle of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Bibliophile11

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Feb 19, 2007
Man, do I remember those days of playing outside, ranging far from home every day, taking all kinds of chances that I can't imagine today's enlightened parents allowing. A lot about the 50s is scary and some of it heinous, but the freedom that kids had before we stuck their heads in a television or computer -- I'm really sorry to see that lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Bryson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alive & Unedited: Benjamin Kent | Columbus Alive (Mar '10) Apr '10 Benjamin Kent 4
News Businesses Speak Out About Transportation Revis... (Dec '09) Dec '09 haha 1
News Yellowstone Earthquakes: Supervolcano Update (Jan '09) Jan '09 Adrian Godsafe MSc 14
News Author hits out at litter culture (Apr '08) Apr '08 Smoking Gums 1
News Is age costing Greylock height? (Feb '08) Feb '08 Joel 2
News Redford to Take on 'A Walk in the Woods' (Jan '08) Jan '08 A-Nawnimuss 1
Bill Bryson-a-like (Jun '07) Jun '07 Carlito 1
More from around the web