Hot Wiener Joint Rosco's Moves To Dow...

Hot Wiener Joint Rosco's Moves To Downtown Hartford

There are 2 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 9, 2007, titled Hot Wiener Joint Rosco's Moves To Downtown Hartford. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

When Ellen DeGeneres' website declared Rosco's Big Dog to have among the 10 best hot dogs in the country last month, it was certainly a boon for Ron Reisner's business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

John Fox

Muncie, IN

#1 Nov 10, 2007
I live in New Jersey and have travelled the east coast sampling hot dogs. Keep in mind that there are 2 basic styles, spicy all beef hot dogs and milder German style beef and pork franks. Each has their own flavor profile. Some prefer one style to another. I like both. It's like comparing apples and oranges. That said, there is no better beef and pork hot dog than what is served at Rosco's. I am a bare bones guy, preferring most of the time to have my dog with mustard only in order to fully appreciate the flavor of this fine frankfurter. But this dog also goes well with toppings. The ones at Rosco's are homemade and fresh. Not to mention delicious. I am lucky to have access to this particular frank, so I can enjoy it at home without having to make the trip to Hartford. But it is definitely worth the trip to Hartford to sample the best German style frank this side of Germany.
CT Citizen

United States

#2 Nov 16, 2007

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Big Dog Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Annette Taddeo is upbeat about the Democratic e... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Liberal forever 1
News Mitch Perry Report 10.24.14: The Big Dog to stu... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Liberal forever 1
News Jay Leno Talks About Why He's Gaga for the Chev... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Gm man 1
News Alien Exporters Join to Annoy Arizona (Jul '10) Jul '10 Foreign Aid 1
News Boardwalk fries centerpiece at Flanagan's (Jul '10) Jul '10 PJ MCCREARY 1
News Ex-El Paso artist draws inspiration from his mo... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Jeffrey 3
News Rosco's Big Dog Closes In Hartford (Jan '09) Jan '09 Raucous 21