Joyce Meyer's $23,000 Toilet: A Symbo...

Joyce Meyer's $23,000 Toilet: A Symbol Of The Prosperity Gospel

There are 28 comments on the American Chronicle story from Nov 10, 2007, titled Joyce Meyer's $23,000 Toilet: A Symbol Of The Prosperity Gospel. In it, American Chronicle reports that:

"Sen. Charles Grassley , the ranking member of the Senate Finance Committee, has opened an investigation into the finances of six of the leading prosperity televangelists, Paula White, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce ... via American Chronicle

Join the discussion below, or Read more at American Chronicle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Arthur McCandless

Tulsa, OK

#1 Nov 13, 2007
This toilet is actually an antique "commode" that was donated to the ministry. For the real story on Grassley's Gaffe go here - http://www.philcooke.com/Joyce_Meyer_toilet
David

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Jan 7, 2008
Hmm? A $23,000 seat for the ol buttocks hey?
Joyce meyer. Hmm? No Biblical education. No education period but she has more to say than people who areexperts. Interesting how she has become a business (not a ministry). There are many word of faith flakes doing this. John Bevere is at the top.

I think Robert Tilton paid $600 for a 1/4 ounce of cocaine from his ministry profit. He scored from a dealer at a strip bar in Fort Laudedale but at least when he got ripped off he went back and pistol whipped him. Of course that got him 45 days in the Dade county jail but hey???

Pigs in the parlor. Look at all the homosexuals on TBN including Paul Crouch.
Crap crap and more crap
David
Tremayne

Plano, TX

#3 Feb 3, 2008
Although their may be things going on in the "Christian World", we must keep our eyes on Gods Son, Jesus the Christ. He came to set us free from all types of bondage...even ourselves and our own opinions. The word of God speaks for it's self. The fact of the matter is, Jesus is soon to return...have we done what John 3:16 says and accepted that John 3:17 is God speaking to us telling us the truth of sending his son. Keep your eyes on Jesus! It's easy to get caught up in all sorts of hear say.
Topher

Grandville, MI

#4 Apr 1, 2008
Father Yahuah has weighed America's prosperity preachers in the balance and they are found wanting.

Judgement begins at the house of Yahuah. Hubris precedes a fall... soon to be off a precipice.

Turn to the one whose name is the only one who saves, Yahushuah ha Massiach.
Grants Emmy

United States

#5 Aug 5, 2008
The truthfulness of what the bible says is being seen in todays clergymen. "But wicked people and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving others and being deceived." How different these men are from the apostles of old like Paul who sacrificed all they had in order that they might preach to others. How different indeed from Paul who said having sustenance and covering we should be content with these things. It is very important that we heed the wise words of the apostle John who said "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are of God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world." The evidence is indeed overwhelming that mordern day evangelists have deviated from pure scriptural principls and are seeking their own glory not that of the almighty God Jehovah and his son Jesus Christ.
Rajith

India

#6 Feb 10, 2009
There are only 2 choices. Choose one.

A Sinner->Finds Jesus->Gets Blessings->Gets Wealthier->Gets Greedy->Deceivs many->Finds SATAN.

Result: Eternal Sufferings (Broad road)

A Sinner->Finds Jesus->Gets Blessings->Gets Wealthier->Spreads Love->Does Charity->Finds GOD.

Result: Eternal Peace (Narrow road)

Birth pain is already begun.

God bless.
tanya

Ireland

#7 Feb 24, 2009
ok,so maybe joyce is not the bees knees,still,i like her..if she says one thing that reaches someones heart and makes them hear the truth about jesus,is that not what matters? it sometimes seems that we christians are the most unforgiving...if you believe that the seed of GOD is within you,and you were bought by the blood of christ,and belong to him,surely you will know that if the joyce meyer ministries is not of GOD it will not prosper?...if we berate our own,how does that look to somone who does not believe?
Paul

Dallas, GA

#8 Jan 11, 2010
Don't understand the popularity of Meyer. Her gruff, manly voice sounds more like she should be playing middle linebacker for the Packers. Plus, let's face it, she's not very attractive, in fact she's ugly. I have to turn the channel whenever she appears. But the fact that she has no biblical education, well, that's strike #3. Just another in the long line of religious frauds that litter the airwaves.
valleygirl

Van Nuys, CA

#9 Apr 9, 2010
come on we can and should do better than her what happened to transparency how many souls could have been won or children fed for 23,000 dollars How do these people sleep at night
Dominique

Goodlettsville, TN

#10 Apr 11, 2010
I went to see Joyce in Chattanooga. My husband has a earned Doctor of Ministry Degree form Oral Roberts University, and preachers the real Gospel Of Jesus Christ. I think that there are some that could care less about her education and her lifestyle. For whatever reason she is popular and people love her no matter what.
Jane

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Jun 7, 2010
Paul wrote:
Don't understand the popularity of Meyer. Her gruff, manly voice sounds more like she should be playing middle linebacker for the Packers. Plus, let's face it, she's not very attractive, in fact she's ugly. I have to turn the channel whenever she appears. But the fact that she has no biblical education, well, that's strike #3. Just another in the long line of religious frauds that litter the airwaves.
Paul I have a feeling you are not a Christian.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Aug 12, 2010
yes...this is just mad crazy and over the top...was the toilet gold plated? How stupid and ridiculous!!!
IBelieve

Lake Mary, FL

#13 Dec 15, 2010
23,000 last year - how much is it worth now? She cannot take her wealth with her.
Richard_Iowa

Dubuque, IA

#14 Dec 26, 2010
ms_tickled wrote:
yes...this is just mad crazy and over the top...was the toilet gold plated? How stupid and ridiculous!!!
Hey Mr. Rocket Scientist. This was a donated piece of furniture that is called a "commode." Yes, I completely agree with you that some things are stupid and ridiculous, and I am specifically referring to comments made about this furniture item.
Chandra

Bangalore, India

#15 Jan 10, 2011
We must look at the former days of the evangelists as to where they rose from (nothing). A righteous person surely be prosperous because it is the promise of God for all those who trust and obey Him. Look at what these men and women did in the poor countries with their ministry. They have helped people around the world. Now to see them rich and prosperous world is truel jealous.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#16 Jan 10, 2011
Richard_Iowa wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Mr. Rocket Scientist. This was a donated piece of furniture that is called a "commode." Yes, I completely agree with you that some things are stupid and ridiculous, and I am specifically referring to comments made about this furniture item.
Um, who on earth are u talkin to? If u are talkin to me its Ms. Rocket Scientist to u, ty. And donated or not who needs a 23,000 dollar toilet/commode to sit on? Her of all people for that matter like she is the Queen of England or something. And the Queen of England don't need one either as far as I'm concerned, butt so tight probably can't even get a needle up there let alone expell something out....lol
concern

Singapore, Singapore

#17 Feb 23, 2011
stop dividing the church.. just fix your eyes on jesus...
lisa

United States

#18 Mar 29, 2011
Stop putting Joyce down. That won't solve the problem and worrying about her life or "commode" situation won't get you know where in life but upset feelings.I by no means am taking up for her. I don't even watch her show. This should apply for not just her, but every1 by not gossiping. Why? Cause your better then that! The Bible already warns us of false prophets. I'm not saying she is real, or a of false. I'm just saying; don't act like its no big suprise you run into a hypcrite of a christain. God is love. Meaning the one thing he wants all to do is love one another, enemys and all (forgive is the hardest thing sometimes) but what a great feeling it is to achieve forgivness. That one simple rule and the rest will to place if you have faith. I think unbeilevers are turned away from the fake christians who judg and that its easier just to be a sinner.remember, we are all natural sinners! Praying is taking time that's unselfish for others welbeing who need it more then you do at that time. Unbeilevers should pray as well. Its betters you inside!
Brittany

United States

#19 Mar 29, 2011
"Lisa",
I agree. If you believe in God or against him cause you think they are to judgmental or simply just don't beileve, LOVE is the key here. We wouldn't be in the mess we are in today. There would be no grudges,bitterness, wars, hatred,prejudice,cause we are all created equal! Love conquers all! Let Joyce Meyers make her actions look like a fool if she really is one and not talk bad, cause then it ame you loook like a fool. Amen!
hey079

Madison, WI

#20 Apr 7, 2011
Wow people are fast to think the worst of Christians that is shameful all people have done something wrong no wrong is greater than the other in God's eyes and the first person on the webpage said it was a donation so she did not buy it. Those judging God will judge you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benny Hinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wife of televangelist Benny Hinn files for divorce (Feb '10) Jun 27 antonio 17
News Televangelist Joel Osteen shuns lavish lifestyl... (Nov '07) Mar '15 Jinx 333
Benny hinn is a satanic, and unreal, and full o... (Aug '08) Dec '13 wake up people 4
m a f i a ministry a crying shame (Oct '11) Mar '12 Amazed 3
Caution (Dec '11) Dec '11 Warrior 1
News Televangelist Benny Hinn asks believers for $2M... (Jul '10) Oct '10 flicka 15
News Christian activists question probe of televange... (May '08) Aug '10 Richard_Iowa 6
More from around the web