How High The Moon instrumental versio...

How High The Moon instrumental version by Benny Goodman (forties)

Posted in the Benny Goodman Forum

Chrissie

Rutland, MA

#1 Apr 20, 2011
I'm desperately seeking a certain version from "How High The Moon" played in a 27 minute documentary on Rosamunde Pilcher which is part of the bonus material from "Coming Home" (the song is played after 11 minutes). I'm 99% sure it's by Benny Goodman from the forties, HOWEVER when I tried to find that same instrumental version by Goodman online in iTunes and amazon.com , I could only find his version with Helen Forrest singing which is different (although very nice as well).
The version from the documentary sounds more like Benny Goodman with Strings although that was recorded in Hollywood in the early fifties and does not contain "How High The Moon".
If some Benny Goodman expert could help me with this, I would be very glad. "How high the Moon" was released first in 1940 and I'm pretty sure this is a forties version. I could play the version on the phone, if necessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benny Goodman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should Miley Cyrus wear dreadlocks? (Sep '15) Sep '15 Adam 9
News Jazz trumpeter Stamm in Bethel (Jan '14) Jan '14 Boredwithbs 1
News Jewish music flavors a new production (May '13) May '13 JewishRatFace 54
benny goodman LP record identification (Dec '12) Dec '12 david reid 1
News Your religious freedom ends where my faith begi... (Sep '12) Sep '12 MiddleWay 1
News The world's greatest music (Dec '11) Dec '11 voice of peace 2
Benny Goodman Free (Aug '11) Aug '11 Wayne 1
More from around the web