Affleck Criticizes McCain's 'Celebrit...

Affleck Criticizes McCain's 'Celebrity Ad' Against Obama - Deci...

There are 17 comments on the NBC 6 South Florida story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Affleck Criticizes McCain's 'Celebrity Ad' Against Obama - Deci.... In it, NBC 6 South Florida reports that:

Movie star Ben Affleck , in his visit to South Florida, criticized Sen. John McCain 's celebrity advertisement against Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 6 South Florida.

Code1

Jonas Ridge, NC

#1 Aug 5, 2008
It never ceases to amaze me how many of the "hollywood" people are so attached to each other at the hip !! I guess that they are so much in this mindset of being "out there", or running with the "in" crowd, that they just can't think for themselves. It's so hard to understand how some, who you think have half a brain, could ever place this country in the hands of Barack Hussein Obama, with what is known about him !!!
vote for hillary

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Aug 5, 2008
Can someone PLEASE tell me why we should care what Affleck says? He's nothing but a pretty boy who directed one extremely overrated movie(Gone Baby Gone).
TAXPAYER

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Aug 5, 2008
No one cares what any celeberty thinks, they dont get paid to think!
DEMOCRAT ONCE

United States

#4 Aug 5, 2008
Only proves to me one thing, all "ACTORS" stick together, so when the McCain ad, and the Grammy award winner himself, Obama, is shown along side Britney Spears, and Paris Hilton, I quess they would start bitch--h, because how can they measure up to the "STAR" of the "WORLD"!!! after all he is the "ACTOR" of all times, there was none before him, and there will be none after him!
all scripted and stage presence, nothing more!

John McCain-08
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

#5 Aug 5, 2008
We should all criticise the ad - not because it was racist or any other such buzz word but because it was ignorant, dumb, stupid .

We should be offended that the future president of this country would dumb us all down with a stupid ad which even the repugnants have found repugnant.
DEMOCRAT ONCE

United States

#6 Aug 5, 2008
Responsibility wrote:
We should all criticise the ad - not because it was racist or any other such buzz word but because it was ignorant, dumb, stupid .
We should be offended that the future president of this country would dumb us all down with a stupid ad which even the repugnants have found repugnant.
How wrong you are, what the American people should find offending, is Obama reminding us that he has a "Funny" name, and as if we don't have eyes, he's "BLACK" now that is offending, as well as "Racism"!!!!!!!!!!
John McCain-08
Native1

Atlanta, GA

#7 Aug 5, 2008
I don't really care what Ben says. I also don't go to his dumb movies.
Wally

Miami, FL

#8 Aug 5, 2008
What you should be offended is that Obama is reminding us that his black. Or are those "just words" ?
McCain is the only one who has the moral fiber to lead this country. Obama is just celebrity in an empty suit!
It never ceases to amaze me how many on the left are blinded by the “Hollywood phony” who are clueless as to the real world. It's so hard to understand how anyone can say that Obama presidential material.
Morris

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Aug 6, 2008
I read that John McCain offered his wife to be in a topless model contest! What the ....

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/...

Maybe 40 years ago!
ODD BALL 8 BALL

United States

#10 Aug 6, 2008
Morris wrote:
I read that John McCain offered his wife to be in a topless model contest! What the ....
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/...
Maybe 40 years ago!
it could have been much worse, like michelle obama? now there is a horror show!
Thinessr

Tampa, FL

#11 Aug 9, 2008
The Britney Spears and Paris Hilton ad was indeed racist. Think back to Harold Ford and leading in his campaign when they republicans ran the infamous “Harold, call me” ad.
Harold Ford lost going away. It was a covert racism, meant to do exactly what Obama said,“they want you to fear me”. Now here is the key, sometimes what is implied is more telling than what is said. There was a racial inference that was designed to prey on an old white male fear. The fear of a BLACK MAN with white women. Everyone is ducking this issue. In 1998 Bush use Willie Horton to make that fear of Black Men a contribution to his campaign. This is an old trick and it is so clean and covert. Only three problems, it is low, cheap, and wrong to all people of every race .
The Mind of Obama

Garden Grove, CA

#12 Aug 9, 2008
If you really want to understand Obama's position on the Iraq war, IN HIS OWN WORDS, this is a must-see video:

x-nutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Aug 9, 2008
Thinessr wrote:
The Britney Spears and Paris Hilton ad was indeed racist. Think back to Harold Ford and leading in his campaign when they republicans ran the infamous “Harold, call me” ad.
Harold Ford lost going away. It was a covert racism, meant to do exactly what Obama said,“they want you to fear me”. Now here is the key, sometimes what is implied is more telling than what is said. There was a racial inference that was designed to prey on an old white male fear. The fear of a BLACK MAN with white women. Everyone is ducking this issue. In 1998 Bush use Willie Horton to make that fear of Black Men a contribution to his campaign. This is an old trick and it is so clean and covert. Only three problems, it is low, cheap, and wrong to all people of every race .
The polls disagree with you on that subjective statement about 4 to 1 don't agree .
It's just a typical RACE CARD toss by Obamamessiah's campaign hoping it sticks. It didn't.
I would go back to my Handlers over Bush in 1998 using Willy Horton since no POTUS election in 1998.( Verify with your handlers)
The Mind of Obama

Garden Grove, CA

#14 Aug 9, 2008
x-nutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
The polls disagree with you on that subjective statement about 4 to 1 don't agree .
It's just a typical RACE CARD toss by Obamamessiah's campaign hoping it sticks. It didn't.
I would go back to my Handlers over Bush in 1998 using Willy Horton since no POTUS election in 1998.( Verify with your handlers)
Obama used the race card quite often with the Clintons, and to an extent, it worked. He is now trying to use it against McCain, but it's not working quite so well. I think he needs to realize that the race card has a shelf-life, meaning that if he overuses it, it will lose its effectiveness as a weapon. I know I'm getting really sick of it, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Since: Feb 08

Coram, NY

#15 Oct 20, 2008
Obama is NOT a terrorist
Obama is American
Obama is NOT a Muslim
Obama WILL be President!

I don't understand the problem everyone has with celebrities having a point of view. Despite what you all think Actors, Actresses and other ARE capable of making educated decisions and they are perfectly entitled to express their opinions!
As far as I'm concerned, Ben Affleck is extremely intelligent and speaks very eloquently. And furthermore, he is correct in everything he says about this Election.
Airforce Daughter

Miami, FL

#16 Oct 20, 2008
You people need to get real and ask your selves....if we elect McCain and he croaks before his 4 years are up could you really see Palin in the White House...I think NOT! It may be a risk electing an intelligent black man for president and he may have attempts on his life but if god forbid something happened to him I would feel totally comforatble with Biden in the seat over Palin! It is funny how you sit there and say that actors/actresses are all attached at the hip concerning the election but so are all of you McShame voters. Stop quoting the media and come up with good solid facts as to why you would or would not vote for Obama. Not the lies spread by the Republicans and Media. Oh and please Obama's race card is just as good as McCains - "Joe the Plumber" which blew up in his face. Who has the last laugh now!
OBAMA/BIDEN 2008
Airforce Daughter

Miami, FL

#17 Oct 20, 2008
I think it is funny too how many of you Republicans have changed your tune this election. Even top supporters like Colin Powell (Republican)know that McSame would just run our Country into the ground. I think his pick for VP is what really sealed the deal between him and his Republican followers. Nobody thinks if you wanted to pick a female VP to get you women votes was worth Palin! OBAMA/BIDEN 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ben Affleck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben Affleck: Republicans 'had a chance' (Oct '12) Nov 11 Slick Marla Maples 83
News Affleck Backs Obama On Saturday Night Live (Nov '08) Sep '16 Irish College Stu... 2
News Pearl Jam is a no-brainer for the Rock Hall Cla... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Three Days 1
News Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner are divorcing (Aug '15) Aug '15 Kevn 1
News Email: Affleck asked PBS to not reveal slave-ow... (Apr '15) Jun '15 Chris Loglia 7
News Could Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner make a th... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Done and Done 1
News Jennifer Lopez is a vision in baby blue thigh-s... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Rpeach 1
More from around the web