Lynn University prodigy, 17, among th...

Lynn University prodigy, 17, among thousands preparing for grad...

There are 33 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 26, 2007, titled Lynn University prodigy, 17, among thousands preparing for grad.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Boca Raton She could multiply double-digit numbers by age 4 and could play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata when she was 5. Now 17, Amanda Albert has cemented her status as a prodigy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boca Conserv Republican

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2007
No way, another Liberal Student, next she will want world peace. At least in college, Hillery Clinton was a Goldwater Conservative, This kids already starting as a liberal. Music...Oh Brother
mom

Delray Beach, FL

#2 Apr 27, 2007
yeah ! way to go. a great story. we get tired of all the youth crime stories. why the boca republican chose to pick on a child is questionable. almost sounds jealous. we can all be proud of this girl. good for her. she has a bright future. i for one appreciate stories about youth that are good kids.
Lisa

Lake Worth, FL

#3 Apr 27, 2007
Way to go! Hard work really does pay off. I am sure we will hear her name again in the future.
mickey mouse school

Spartanburg, SC

#4 Apr 27, 2007
a degree from lynn is like a degree from an on line school or from a cracker jack box
mickey mouse school

Spartanburg, SC

#5 Apr 27, 2007
a box of cracker jacks
Too Bad

Miami, FL

#6 Apr 27, 2007
Sounds like a bunch of sore jack a-sses. Stop being jealous that you were so dumb that elementary school was challenging for you! So you couldn't be smart, don't b-itch and cry about it like babies. I am glad she is where she is. Studying and hard work pay off. That is something, some people will never know how to do.
WHY

West Palm Beach, FL

#7 Apr 27, 2007
Why do we want out kids to grow up faster than they should? I don't care how smart they are, they are adults FOREVER and a kid ONLY for 18 years! She'll be a statistic in the future and NOT the kind I want my kids to be! GOOD LUCK!
CJH

United States

#9 Apr 27, 2007
Such jealousy. Can't anybody be happy for someone else and appreciate a true gift. Why all the hate?
Good luck Amanda, but I my guess is you won't need it.
Mr Ed

AOL

#10 Apr 27, 2007
can't we all just get along?
Reality

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Apr 27, 2007
Can't believe some people are putting her down here. This is a child that has focus and a future. Some kids are in jail multiple times at the age of 17, not this one. This person is a positive member of society.
Sigrid

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Apr 27, 2007
It seems she is a happy young girl, and that is all that matters. She sure has a promising future. We read juvenile crimes almost on a daily basis, now we have a good story of a youth doing the right thing: studying, and some people insist on seeing the bad angle of the story. Good luck Amanda and keep on going.
RON

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Apr 27, 2007
Lynn University? LYNN UNIVERSITY?? What the hell is LYNN UNIVERSITY?
LEET

Vienna, VA

#14 Apr 27, 2007
All those brains and she goes to Lynn University. What a joke! Obviously not too smart.
little einsein among us

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Apr 27, 2007
we must wish this young lady all the luck in the world and congratulate her parents for having the wisdom to support and nourish her extraordinary accomplishments. we can only hope and pray that her future will be as bright and happy as expected. all too often we hear of the misfortunes that befall some who begin their journeys so full of promise. we pray therefore that her genius will benefit mankind but not at her own expense. we pray too that the wisdom of parents will pevail in the face of the unforeseen.
fred

AOL

#16 Apr 27, 2007
RON wrote:
Lynn University? LYNN UNIVERSITY?? What the hell is LYNN UNIVERSITY?
yeah ron, and you are the best there is
Mrs C

Powder Springs, GA

#17 Apr 27, 2007
Why is this news? My nephew graduated from Brown, an Ivy League school, with a degree in mathematics at the age of 17 and none of us called the newspaper.
Zuly

Jupiter, FL

#18 Apr 27, 2007
Fantastic!!!!! Even though I don;t know this young lady, I wish her the very best. I would like to congratulate her for focusing on school and not partying among other things!!!I am sure I will see this young lady in the future. GOOD LUCK!!!
WTF

Jupiter, FL

#20 Apr 27, 2007
MCHummer wrote:
All those brains and she goes to Lynn University. What a joke! Obviously not too smart.
What is all the hating about? I sure you didn't graduate college at 17 and thats why you made this idiotic remark. It shouldn't matter which college she attended, she graduated COLLEGE!!!!!!
jay

AOL

#21 Apr 27, 2007
I know of high schools that are harder than Lynn University....should we have an article for every graduate of St. Thomas Aquinas...Lynn University is the same as BCC with 2 extra years this is a worthless column
Peace

Glenview, IL

#22 Apr 27, 2007
Mrs C wrote:
Why is this news? My nephew graduated from Brown, an Ivy League school, with a degree in mathematics at the age of 17 and none of us called the newspaper.
It's news because it's worth reading about. Why does all the news we read have to be bad? I prefer this type of news over all the crime and hate we see everyday. Someone should have called the newspaper and told them about your nephew, I would have. Best wishes to your nephew and Amanda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beethoven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get a sneak peek of the Erie Phil's 2016-17 season Mar '16 festering schwartz 5
News 'Beethoven piano concerto no. 2, 1.movement' by... (Apr '06) Apr '15 Long Darby 2
News Beethoven's 'Eroica,' A Bizarre Revelation Of P... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Whatta Crock 5
News Classical Beat: The conservative classical musi... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
News 'I'm not Asperger's. I'm Connor.' (Feb '13) Feb '13 Another Vaccine V... 1
Beethoven. A Rare Portrait. (Jan '13) Jan '13 MauricePColgan 3
News Kids play Mozart with trashy violins (Dec '12) Dec '12 cardinal red 2
More from around the web