Tanglewood has something for everyone this week - The Advocate ...

Full story: Advocate Weekly

Whatever your tastes in music, you'll find it all at Tanglewood as the music festival enters its third full week of programming in the Shed and at Ozawa Hall.
Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2009
Barton McLean

Oneonta, NY

#1 Jul 10, 2009
It was so great to see Dankner's comments on Sibelius's "Tapiola," which I also consider one of the 20th century's greatest scores. Like the "Rite of Spring," it occupies a place all its own and sets is own standards and expectations. Not particularly flashy, and certainly not very accessible, it nonetheless rewards repeated listenings almost like no other, to the point where it becomes a living, breathing entity that fills one's brain and one's sensibilities. It has become an essential part of my own existence, and I thank Steve for going out on a limb (like he often does) to bring out that which is profound but perhaps out of fashion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beethoven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beethoven's 'Eroica,' A Bizarre Revelation Of P... Aug 8 Whatta Crock 5
Classical Beat: The conservative classical musi... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
'I'm not Asperger's. I'm Connor.' (Feb '13) Feb '13 Another Vaccine V... 1
Beethoven. A Rare Portrait. (Jan '13) Jan '13 MauricePColgan 3
Kids play Mozart with trashy violins (Dec '12) Dec '12 cardinal red 2
Oratorio Society of Estes Park 2012 spring conc... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Steve Nickel 1
Ha Noi heralds visit of leading orchestra (Oct '12) Oct '12 urglee duckin 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Beethoven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••