Mother's Day in Ukiah: Ukiahi Band pe...

Mother's Day in Ukiah: Ukiahi Band performs for mothers and the...

There are 3 comments on the The Ukiah Daily Journal story from May 11, 2009, titled Mother's Day in Ukiah: Ukiahi Band performs for mothers and the.... In it, The Ukiah Daily Journal reports that:

Mothers and their families laid out blankets, lawn chairs and relaxed Sunday afternoon while listening to music from Beethoven's Symphony No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ukiah Daily Journal.

Just me

United States

#1 May 11, 2009
Sad Sad State of affairs!! I was in Ukiahi Band in the late 80's when we were huge and went to the Rose Parade, the Superbowl and several band reviews every year. SO sad to see this program get so run down.
Mendo Local

Redwood Valley, CA

#2 May 11, 2009
Yeah, and they are talking about doing away with it completely! This program used to be known nationally, that is, until John Mattern single handedly dismantled the whole program, then cut and run, leaving it in shambles!

They should abolish tenure, fire the dead weight teachers and use the money to fund our school programs! The Only somewhat self sustaining sport is football, they do alright with gate there!
barney fife

Sausalito, CA

#3 May 11, 2009
We have only one class of band. That is the only music class at the high school. We do have a choir class, its being cut after this year.
Basically we have no music program.

Its the first thing people making decisions cut, also say goodbye to freshman sports. We do have ESL program that has not received any cuts. Those initials stand for English as a Second Language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beethoven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay, Halifax-trained violinist seeks to 'finall... Tue Xstain Mullah Aroma 1
News Get a sneak peek of the Erie Phil's 2016-17 season (Mar '16) Mar '16 festering schwartz 5
News 'Beethoven piano concerto no. 2, 1.movement' by... (Apr '06) Apr '15 Long Darby 2
News Beethoven's 'Eroica,' A Bizarre Revelation Of P... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Whatta Crock 5
News Classical Beat: The conservative classical musi... (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
News 'I'm not Asperger's. I'm Connor.' (Feb '13) Feb '13 Another Vaccine V... 1
Beethoven. A Rare Portrait. (Jan '13) Jan '13 MauricePColgan 3
More from around the web