Gay community looks to protest Beenie Man concert

Nov 4, 2012 Full story: Times-Standard 7

Protests and public outrage over a Capleton concert at Ocean Grove Lodge earlier this month have not deterred the venue from hosting controversial dancehall performer Beenie Man this Tuesday.

Full Story
SamK

Honolulu, HI

#1 Nov 4, 2012
Beenie Man has a long history of writing and performing songs that call for LGBT people to be killed. It goes back to 1994 and "Bomb and Dynamite."

Over the years he has signed agreements to stop promoting hatred and violence in his music or has reached out to LGBT people.

He has always disavowed and violated the agreements that he has made with LGBT people.

Beenie Man is still a very homophobic performer and should not be welcomed in any U.S. or Canadian venue.

For more information about Beenie Man: http://bit.ly/Lvjw3t
Here2Help4NOM

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 4, 2012
How come queers are so racist?
Let Beenie Man sing the truth!
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#3 Nov 4, 2012
Yet the gays have no problem with the hatred Dan Savage publicly directs against heterosexuals, religion and the Pope.
Boris

Ukraine

#4 Nov 4, 2012
Go Beenie Man go!
Allen

Louisville, KY

#5 Nov 4, 2012
JrEsq wrote:
Yet the gays have no problem with the hatred Dan Savage publicly directs against heterosexuals, religion and the Pope.
Considering the hatred heterosexuals direct at gays, I applaud Dan Savage for publicly hating all of you. Some would call that payback.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#6 Nov 4, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>Considering the hatred heterosexuals direct at gays, I applaud Dan Savage for publicly hating all of you. Some would call that payback.
Ah, payback. Your post is proof that the homosexuals are not looking for equality, they are looking to get even.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7 Nov 4, 2012
fr Here2Help4NOM:

>How come queers are so racist? Let Beenie Man sing the truth!<

This idiot is a known anti-gay ranter. He does NOT "sing the truth".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beenie Man Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virulently Homophobic Singers Banned from U.S. (Apr '10) Fri freeman 14
18 Karat Reggae Hits: Rasta Taking Over. (Aug '13) Aug '13 Roger 1
Beenie to get 'Up Close and Personal' with fans (Jul '13) Jul '13 maria 2
Reggae artists are right (May '08) Aug '11 Ras Milloo 23
Western Consciousness dancehall-style looms (Apr '11) Apr '11 nordia burte 1
Beenie, Sizzla and Capleton sign "Reggae Compas... (Jun '07) Nov '10 Sam Kestu 45
Jamaicans No Longer Permitted in the U.S. (Apr '10) Jul '10 funfly 175
More from around the web