Jamaicans No Longer Permitted in the U.S.

Apr 2, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Animal

At least the ones who chat reggae. Some of dancehall's most successful Jamaican artists are in the process of having their visas revoked according to the Jamaica Star , which would top off a terribly depressing week of immigration - fucked news .

Comments
1 - 20 of 175 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2010
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Ms Marvi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

I completely diagree with this action and believe that music enlightens us all. Theres nuttin like music from the homeland. We are all living in a nation of freedom and should be allowed to roam wherever we please. If u go sumwhere an commit a crime then hold that person accountable. But others that r innocent and tryin to make an honest living should not have to suffer.
Tom in Lazybrook

Strongstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Judged:

Those that promote genocide and celebrate terrorism against Gay people in Jamaica can have all the free speech they want....in Jamaica.

We have to put up with our own citizens. We don't have to put up with foriegners coming here to peddle violence.
Tom in Lazybrook

Strongstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Part of the problem is that Jamaica is preventing the US from holding Dudus (a Jamaican coke dealer) responsible for his crimes.
dreamy

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

I am totally disagree with the US Embassy to canceled Jamaican Visa's as like me a small person who have my good job and a christian married with two lovely obedience children only get to travel when i get vacation because i work in the school an on of my child is still a student and because of one man who i dont even know my visa should be canceled it's a shame on the USA they should find a another solution not penalize the good ones please find another way and let honest and decent law abiding get to go and spent some times with family members after working so hard and need a little vacation
Tom in Lazybrook

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Judged:

dreamy wrote:
I am totally disagree with the US Embassy to canceled Jamaican Visa's as like me a small person who have my good job and a christian married with two lovely obedience children only get to travel when i get vacation because i work in the school an on of my child is still a student and because of one man who i dont even know my visa should be canceled it's a shame on the USA they should find a another solution not penalize the good ones please find another way and let honest and decent law abiding get to go and spent some times with family members after working so hard and need a little vacation
This may be an April Fools story.

But if it isn't, I approve! We Americans don't need anti-Gay Jamaicans coming here. We don't have to give you a visa. Stay in Jamaica until you change your society and stop abusing your own people. If you can't treat your LGBT residents with decency, might I suggest vacationing in Iran or Syria!

Bruce Golding, your PM, has decided to abuse Gays (BBC Interview) because of J'can "morality". This same J'can "morality" apparently has caused him to intervene to protect some thug/coke dealer named dudus from extradition. If your government will not extradite those who commit crimes in our nation, then we will have to protect our borders by treating J'can visitors/immigrants with much greater scrutiny.

Golding's treatment of Dudus looks an awful lot like Golding's PNP is channelling Seaga/Manley (who were tools of the drug gangs).
Justice

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

Judged:

There are a group of Jamaicans that are violent people, who tolerate the murder of women, children, the elderly and gay individuals.

America should not allow anymore ignorant people into the country. The shower posse did alot of damage in the inner cities of America,.

America is doing the right thing. Its not a God given right to be grantrd a Visa to anyone's country, rather, its a priviledge.

Keep your dirty, gun singing, gay bashing selfs on the Island, if you dont intend to change your ways.
Anti_Gay_America

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Judged:

Tom OUT Lazybrook, you need to go sit your *&^in gay ass down, and cover up your mouth. Homosexuality is a sin, it's immoral, it's disgusting, and you can't make a baby *&^ing a butthole. Anyone tearing down society through the back of a man's trousers should be dealt with severely! Reggae music is righteous music, and the reason they sing about destroying homosexuals, is because they read the bible, and follow it. Not pretend to follow it. I can not permit the world to think that every american is gay! I want you all to burn in the lake, because you disrespect the lord every time you "do what you wanna do". Keep his laws and keep his commandments, and we the keepers of his word, will not curse you. It's simple. Leviticus 18:22 forever.
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Judged:

Anti_Gay_America wrote:
Tom OUT Lazybrook, you need to go sit your *&^in gay ass down, and cover up your mouth. Homosexuality is a sin, it's immoral, it's disgusting, and you can't make a baby *&^ing a butthole. Anyone tearing down society through the back of a man's trousers should be dealt with severely! Reggae music is righteous music, and the reason they sing about destroying homosexuals, is because they read the bible, and follow it. Not pretend to follow it. I can not permit the world to think that every american is gay! I want you all to burn in the lake, because you disrespect the lord every time you "do what you wanna do". Keep his laws and keep his commandments, and we the keepers of his word, will not curse you. It's simple. Leviticus 18:22 forever.
Jamaica is such a "Christian" place. That's why it is overrun with drug dealers, prostitution, and gang violence.

It seems to me that Jamaica's policy of scapegoating Gay people for all of Jamaica's ills has not done much good for you.
Do_u_know _the _truth

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

What is everyone problem? I it our culture - way befo' time ( from the beginning of time) we had an unwritten no gay law. Every country have their own rules why change ours.
I have to say that I think it is wrong to hurt anyone based on their sexual belief, wrong or right- I must add it is WRONG! I don't know why they do that.
Everyone is just categorizing all Jamaicans into one group. How foolish.
Tom in Lazybrook

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Do_u_know _the _truth wrote:
What is everyone problem? I it our culture - way befo' time ( from the beginning of time) we had an unwritten no gay law. Every country have their own rules why change ours.
I have to say that I think it is wrong to hurt anyone based on their sexual belief, wrong or right- I must add it is WRONG! I don't know why they do that.
Everyone is just categorizing all Jamaicans into one group. How foolish.
We characterize all J'cans in one group because virtually no one is standing up for the right of Gays to exist in public without being killed.
jamaican jammer

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
We characterize all J'cans in one group because virtually no one is standing up for the right of Gays to exist in public without being killed.
Idiot, moronic ass.. have you heard that there was a gay parade in Jamaica this week and it went on totally unmolested with police support?
How is that for homophobia
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

jamaican jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, moronic ass.. have you heard that there was a gay parade in Jamaica this week and it went on totally unmolested with police support?
How is that for homophobia
Yes. I did hear that. There were 100 people there. It was a remarkable event, given Jamaica's past behavior.

But Jamaica still criminalizes being Gay, and I doubt a Gay pride parade in J'ca's capital would last 3 seconds before they were all lynched. When Jamaica's first Gay bar is open, when Jamaica's gay church can advertise its' service times and places in public, when out Gay Jamaicans can be out, then we might revisit our assumptions.

Its a start, but its nowhere near the finish.
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

100 people is a start. But it is just 100 people. But a political protest in downtown Kingston or in the Half Way Tree area might be more convincing.
pusey50

Springfield Gardens, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
100 people is a start. But it is just 100 people. But a political protest in downtown Kingston or in the Half Way Tree area might be more convincing.
the devil is a liar , I hope jamaica continue to reject evil GOD is against evil , and good people should stand against evil.
Funny

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

I'm reading these comments along with others on another page covering the same topic. I find extremely funny that a member of LBGT community is online arguing for the punishment of an entire nation for the acts of a few. While I can understand where some of the lyrics can be troubling I've not seen anything that confirmed someone was harmed because of the lyrics. I'm assuming that all Americans are accepting of the LBGT community; but I have a few questions maybe you can help me with, when was the last Gay rights parade in rural GA, AL, KY, and the likes? why can't gay serve openly in the Military? What are you planning to do about the American rappers that have several hundred songs with anti gay lyrics, you can't incarcerate them, you've boycotted their events and they are still making millions. By banning Jamaicans from visiting this country does not help your cause. Please quit trying to convince folks that jamaica is the center for all anti-gay.
Tom in Lazybrook

Hudson Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Funny wrote:
I'm reading these comments along with others on another page covering the same topic. I find extremely funny that a member of LBGT community is online arguing for the punishment of an entire nation for the acts of a few. While I can understand where some of the lyrics can be troubling I've not seen anything that confirmed someone was harmed because of the lyrics. I'm assuming that all Americans are accepting of the LBGT community; but I have a few questions maybe you can help me with, when was the last Gay rights parade in rural GA, AL, KY, and the likes? why can't gay serve openly in the Military? What are you planning to do about the American rappers that have several hundred songs with anti gay lyrics, you can't incarcerate them, you've boycotted their events and they are still making millions. By banning Jamaicans from visiting this country does not help your cause. Please quit trying to convince folks that jamaica is the center for all anti-gay.
Buddy, for the record, I grew up in Rural Alabama and Mississippi. Attitudes towards Gays are not good there. But there is some measure of due process, even there. Alabama even has an out lesbian State Representative (as well as several out Gay elected officials). Mobile, Jackson, Biloxi, Birmingham, Montgomery, Huntsville have Gay rights parades/protests.

Jamaica is another level. There are perhaps 5 out LGBT people in the entire country. Lynchings are common and they go largely unpunished. The 'artists' glorify a situation there that approaches genocide. We're not talking about marriage equality, but lynching.

In Jamaica, A Gay church cannot publish its worship times. Gay businesses cannot operate.

Advocacy or celebration of killing Gay people is not a cultural perspective. It is advocacy of terrorism. And while we, as Americans have to put up with our own citizens free speech, we certainly don't have to invite foreigners here to profit from advocacy of terrorism. Beenie Man has all the free speech he likes. In Jamaica.

If you don't like Gay Americans speaking up for Gay Jamaicans, then perhaps, you might want to convince your dancehall 'artists' to publically support free speech, association, petition, and protest rights for openly Gay Jamaicans. They won't say squat in the J'can press. Why? Because virtually the entire nation is violently (yes that is the right word) anti-Gay. I unpublicized protest in a resort area doesn't mean that Gay J'cans have the ability to advocate for their cause without fear of violence or retribution.
Tom in Lazybrook

Hudson Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

For the record, when J'ca's last out Gay political leader was murdered, people gathered at his house to cheer and sing "Boom Bye Bye".

“Bring it !”

Since: Jan 09

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Anti_Gay_America wrote:
hopefully you'll burn in hell if there one for hating so much.
Hopeton

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

Judged:

Wait a second,I am confused, a Gay church? do Gays that attend a Gay church read and preach from a Gay bible? Are there Gay psalms and Gay scriptures to justify being Gay? People please dont laugh, I am being serious.
Hopeton

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2010

A Gay church,wow. Thats a remarkable feet. People please stop the Gay bashing, although I dont agree with being Gay. We must all remind ourselves that we as individuals are not God. Only God can judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Beenie Man Discussions

Search the Beenie Man Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
18 Karat Reggae Hits: Rasta Taking Over. (Aug '13) Aug '13 Roger 1
Beenie to get 'Up Close and Personal' with fans (Jul '13) Jul '13 maria 2
Gay community looks to protest Beenie Man concert (Nov '12) Nov '12 Pattysboi 7
Reggae artists are right (May '08) Aug '11 Ras Milloo 23
Virulently Homophobic Singers Banned from U.S. (Apr '10) Jun '11 lndychick 12
Western Consciousness dancehall-style looms (Apr '11) Apr '11 nordia burte 1
Beenie, Sizzla and Capleton sign "Reggae Compas... (Jun '07) Nov '10 Sam Kestu 45
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••