The Unsurprising News That Pepsi Is B...

The Unsurprising News That Pepsi Is Backing Beenie Man in Uganda

There are 1 comment on the Queerty story from Dec 7, 2009, titled The Unsurprising News That Pepsi Is Backing Beenie Man in Uganda. In it, Queerty reports that:

How do you manage to offend socially conscious gays twice over? By lending support to an anti-gay singer in a country that's trying to execute gays.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Queerty.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 10, 2009
In Uganda where they want a law passed to execute gays. Pepsi should be ashamed of themselves. They thought they wouldn't get caught. How could they NOT know that Beenie Man is homophobic?! This has been common knowledge for many years. Do they have amnesia?! Beenie Man has been in the news a lot over his homophobic comments. I believe his concert was even banned from the U.K.: World news! Hello! While I like Pepsi I ask them to please not patronize us. How stupid and naive do you think we are?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beenie Man Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jamaicans No Longer Permitted in the U.S. (Apr '10) Nov 19 Madmaxx 176
News Virulently Homophobic Singers Banned from U.S. (Apr '10) Jan '15 freeman 14
News 18 Karat Reggae Hits: Rasta Taking Over. (Aug '13) Aug '13 Roger 1
News Beenie to get 'Up Close and Personal' with fans (Jul '13) Jul '13 maria 2
News Gay community looks to protest Beenie Man concert (Nov '12) Nov '12 Pattysboi 7
News Reggae artists are right (May '08) Aug '11 Ras Milloo 23
News Western Consciousness dancehall-style looms (Apr '11) Apr '11 nordia burte 1
More from around the web